Can I really not use a USB mic on the XB1? It works fine on my PS4.

too much money is on the line for that type of shenanigans 

I prefer indie games for almost everything, but unfortunately for multiplayer shooters AAA is your only actual option.

Indie shooters are almost exclusively one of two things:

1.  CoD or OW imitators with a few thousand players that get boring fast.

2.  More traditional or inventive shooters with only like ten people playing them.

Other than that though as far as every other genre is concerned indie games seem to just get better and better.

I second Hyper Light Drifter and if you enjoy it you'd probably also enjoy Furi.

Well I play two games right now player counts in the 100's/low 1000's daily(UT4 and LB). Hell, I played Toxikk for awhile and I thought it was decent but nobody plays that either. I wont lie, its hard and the playerbase is extremely hardcore(and thus skilled) but on the positive side it kind of brings back the oldschool tight-knit FPS community feel where you would play game after game with the same lobby in custom lobbies. Its not like I can play for hours on end like I use to so as long as I get some games in in a game I enjoy im ok with that.

I could really give a shit about AAA MP FPS at this point in time its all watered down garbage ive played a hundred times over and as far as im concerned they have betrayed and shit on diehard FPS fans like me. I do not support the current trends in the industry or the style of game they re-hash in 100 different forms over and over again and try to force me to play.

You ultimately do have an option I believe, there is a glimmer of hope but its quickly fading with each new failed shooter IP and hardcore FPS that fails. The blatant lack of parity in the shooter genre is at such a low-point right now with generic watered down AAA military shooters ruling the day(or the decade) that I agree no wonder why players feel they have no choice and no other options besides the status quo when AAA isnt really offering them one. its pathetic and disheartening to see the lack of diversity and the record-low interest in indie shooters, new IP's, and non-military hardcore FPS in general. There is no more "middle class" in the shooter industry, its just the tired,uninspired AAA franchises lording over the genre and the poor indie/hardcore titles/new IP's forced into obscurity and given little to no chance to succeed no matter what they do. Its the worst and least diversified genre in gaming right now, and I am not sure how you fix that barring a major revolution or if "Military shooter" fatigue finally starts to set in for the general public(hint:it probably wont because casuals ONLY know that type of MP experience and that is the cardinal sin of AAA).

Anyone play Cuphead? The lovely @ gifted it to me and so far it's been a frustrating but addicting experience, think Civilization's just one more turn except you play as anthromorphic cup man on this one. Doubtless will continue playing, and it's nice that it's a third of AAA pricing without microtransactions. Good time so far.

Shout out to seeing this almost a week after it was posted. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I need to beat cuphead.  It is just so dang infuriating lol.  But damn, the art is fantastic. 

My friend also just recently sent me a pic of Halo Jaun in ultrawide on PC.  It looked glorious.  Now I need to try and figure out how to get that up and running in ultra wide.  Maybe using the latest version of SPV3?  Playing games in anything other than 21:9 is becoming harder and harder. 

Once you go wide, she be your bride.   

Cuphead and The Witcher 3 are both on sale on the marketplace. Which should I go for?

Or do I throw caution to the wind, get a PS4, and finally play Bloodborne?

How many deaths do you guys have in Cup Head? last I checked was 141 and I know I racked up like another 10 on a level. I have one more level in island 2 where you are jumping from cloud to cloud fighting a dragon. This level has given me more trouble than any so far but apparently I need a better weapon than what I am using. I just choke at the end when the dragon has 3 heads, shoots out a fireball that will split into 4 if you hit it.

Amazing game though. Idk why but I almost always would just rather play a FPS game. However Cup Head and Sonic Mania were so well done it had me wanting to play those over shooters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many deaths do you guys have in Cup Head? last I checked was 141 and I know I racked up like another 10 on a level. I have one more level in island 2 where you are jumping from cloud to cloud fighting a dragon. This level has given me more trouble than any so far but apparently I need a better weapon than what I am using. I just choke at the end when the dragon has 3 heads, shoots out a fireball that will split into 4 if you hit it.

Amazing game though. Idk why but I almost always would just rather play a FPS game. However Cup Head and Sonic Mania were so well done it had me wanting to play those over shooters.

I finished the game with 199 deaths, the last few bosses probably made up fifty of those deaths.

• Upvote (+1) 1

cuphead is the beta version of hell

• Upvote (+1) 2

I finished the game with 199 deaths, the last few bosses probably made up fifty of those deaths.

I wish it tracked the amount of times you had to retry as well. I definitely have quit out of like a hundred rounds just because I got hit once too early on. Congrats on doing it in just under 200 deaths lol, I guess I'm going to be finishing with closer towards 300 or 400 if that is the case.

Also, I have only found 2 secret paths so far since I've made it to the second island. Is there more interaction with the characters on the map? For example you talk to a gold coin on the first island and he mentions something about (not word for word) how he doesn't trust the bank and keeps all his coins with him. If someone is lucky enough to find one so be it...

When I read that I walked around the entire map 5 times clicking A on every pixel possible hoping I would find a hidden coin similar to a hidden item in the pokemon games or a secret room in Doom. No luck, but it seems like in talking to the characters that you are supposed to find stuff or people and I haven't completed one interaction yet.

@@Killmachine Hell sounds good to me. This is such a refreshing game for me to play. Loved Smash TV, Jackal, Contra, Metal Slug etc. The art style is a large part of this but I am really impressed with this game and the ways you can beat it.

For example, in island two, there is a platforming level where you parry on playing cards and it will reverse gravity for your character. On the top of the screen cars come out and on the bottom ducks come out. I would shoot all the ducks and proceed and then get to the mini boss of a wall that was shooting the cars out of his mouth, shoot and kill him and walk through.

Now I realize that you can duck the duck, of course this is a thing. Jump over two smaller ducks and progress that way. THEN when you fight the wall, you actually don't have to fight it at all. You can dash in and past the mouth as soon as it opens. The trial and error in this game can be frustrating but is also part of the appeal to me. If I am having trouble I stop myself and completely change my approach/tactics.

I wish it tracked the amount of times you had to retry as well. I definitely have quit out of like a hundred rounds just because I got hit once too early on. Congrats on doing it in just under 200 deaths lol, I guess I'm going to be finishing with closer towards 300 or 400 if that is the case.

Also, I have only found 2 secret paths so far since I've made it to the second island. Is there more interaction with the characters on the map? For example you talk to a gold coin on the first island and he mentions something about (not word for word) how he doesn't trust the bank and keeps all his coins with him. If someone is lucky enough to find one so be it...

When I read that I walked around the entire map 5 times clicking A on every pixel possible hoping I would find a hidden coin similar to a hidden item in the pokemon games or a secret room in Doom. No luck, but it seems like in talking to the characters that you are supposed to find stuff or people and I haven't completed one interaction yet.

I didn't even think about the retries, I definitely retried a lot on the second last boss I fought (you'll understand why when you get there).

I'm not sure what secret paths you're talking about, I finished the game and am at 96% and I don't recall any secrets, and I think I'm at 96% because I didn't buy one of the items. I think the hidden coins is a reference to the five coins in the platforming levels. As for the other characters, I think it's just references to unlocking extra modes in the game. For example I believe there's an even harder difficulty you can unlock somehow, and I think the characters just give you hints on how to unlock that stuff.

i love cuphead i also recognize that i hate the game when i suck and i love the game when i beat that asshole boss and stop seeing their dumb quotes at the end

its definitely worth its price and i've enjoyed the time i've played it so far

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't even think about the retries, I definitely retried a lot on the second last boss I fought (you'll understand why when you get there).

I'm not sure what secret paths you're talking about, I finished the game and am at 96% and I don't recall any secrets, and I think I'm at 96% because I didn't buy one of the items. I think the hidden coins is a reference to the five coins in the platforming levels. As for the other characters, I think it's just references to unlocking extra modes in the game. For example I believe there's an even harder difficulty you can unlock somehow, and I think the characters just give you hints on how to unlock that stuff.

I guess I'll post it in a spoiler tag just incase. I got an achievement for getting the first but can't remember if I got a coin for it. The second secret path I found did get me a coin, but I am not sure if you would have just gotten a coin regardless for talking to the person had I approached them normally. However they said something like "Thank you! I knew there was another way around" or something similar and got a coin out of it.

Bro...that makes complete sense about the coins being in the platforming level. I feel like such a dumbass lmao. It makes sense to me now but I am not kidding when I say I have been walking around every pixel trying to initiate some secret. I can rest easily now.

secret paths so far -

There seems to be one on each island (I've only made it to the second island) and they tend to wrap around the back portion of the map. There is some girl near the top left of island 2 that the path led two, and is the one that gave me the coin. I believe I went to the well, then went up where the dice is and ignored that, going up further to where the dragon level is. You walk past the tree and around the back of the map.

I guess I'll post it in a spoiler tag just incase. I got an achievement for getting the first but can't remember if I got a coin for it. The second secret path I found did get me a coin, but I am not sure if you would have just gotten a coin regardless for talking to the person had I approached them normally. However they said something like "Thank you! I knew there was another way around" or something similar and got a coin out of it.

Bro...that makes complete sense about the coins being in the platforming level. I feel like such a dumbass lmao. It makes sense to me now but I am not kidding when I say I have been walking around every pixel trying to initiate some secret. I can rest easily now.

secret paths so far -

There seems to be one on each island (I've only made it to the second island) and they tend to wrap around the back portion of the map. There is some girl near the top left of island 2 that the path led two, and is the one that gave me the coin. I believe I went to the well, then went up where the dice is and ignored that, going up further to where the dragon level is. You walk past the tree and around the back of the map.

I can confirm you would not have gotten the coin, I talked to everybody as I went along, then followed your directions through the secret path and retalked to one of the characters to get the coin.

I guess I'll put the following thought in a spoiler tag, I don't think it counts but whatever. It'll only contain information you already know though Teapot

I wonder if there's any secrets that lead to hidden bosses? The only secret I now know of is the one you just mentioned, and that lets you get a coin. At the same time, now that I'm done the game I'm not sure if I want an extra hard hidden boss.

Cuphead and The Witcher 3 are both on sale on the marketplace. Which should I go for?

Or do I throw caution to the wind, get a PS4, and finally play Bloodborne?

Witcher 3 - that game is god damn incredible. 

Cuphead if you like to drink bleach after a hard day of getting shit on by a carrot.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well, since OG Xbox games are now BC, I thought I'd give "Black" a try. Never played it before.

So far, I think the modern gaming audience literally would not even be able to comprehend this game.

A modern day FPS with:

- No sprint

- no sliding

- no ADS

- no jumping

- no "dodge" style mechanic

- simple sandbox

Seriously, the pure simplicity of it all is more refreshing then anything in recent memory. Just guns, grenades, melee and mayhem. Well worth the buy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, since OG Xbox games are now BC, I thought I'd give "Black" a try. Never played it before.

So far, I think the modern gaming audience literally would not even be able to comprehend this game.

A modern day FPS with:

- No sprint

- no sliding

- no ADS

- no jumping

- no "dodge" style mechanic

- simple sandbox

Seriously, the pure simplicity of it all is more refreshing then anything in recent memory. Just guns, grenades, melee and mayhem. Well worth the buy.

I remember playing it a long time ago on someones PS2. I remember it being pretty hard and some enemies being huge damage sponges but it was fun.

Way off-topic, but heading out to an interview for Physical Therapy school. Had to tell someone. Wish me luck.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Way off-topic, but heading out to an interview for Physical Therapy school. Had to tell someone. Wish me luck.

Good luck homie

I just got to hold a British soldier’s L115 sniper rifle. This thing was at least 5 feet long, weighed about 50 pounds, had a suppressor on it the size of a can of tennis balls, and an even bigger 25x scope. That was the highlight of this JRTC rotation so far.