Really wishing I had a Nintendo 3DS right now so I could get in on that Samus Returns action. Still don't understand why it's not releasing for Switch or Wii U in addition to 3DS. 

Seeing your posts across this site about this game. You are definitely very excited about it lol :)

The original Divinity was my GOTY, Divinity II looks even better and is definitely GOTY worthy!That combat trailer WOW...endless possibilities, environmental tactics, and combos. Thats what I love about Divinity... each encounter its own unique puzzle you can solve in a multitude of different ways and the world is unbelievably rich in lore and full of secrets, loot, dungeons, and crazy branching story-lines and NPC's. Im going to lose days of my life on the new game master mode too lol. Larian is an awesome developer too... At the very beginning of the game master vid as shes creating her character"Oh Im picking this hair-style fuck yeah.....ooops sorry for the kids at home." LOL. This is the RPG we need...but not the one we deserve. My inner Baldurs Gate fanboy gets nerd chills for this game ONLY 26 hours to GO!

GET HYPED 

Really wishing I had a Nintendo 3DS right now so I could get in on that Samus Returns action. Still don't understand why it's not releasing for Switch or Wii U in addition to 3DS. 

Sometimes it sucks owning every platform because there's too many games and I never end up finishing anything and burn myself out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really wish I had played more Doom MP when it was new. I've been loving it this past week, but I can't get games in FFA and thats what I really want to play.

I really wish I had played more Doom MP when it was new. I've been loving it this past week, but I can't get games in FFA and thats what I really want to play.

As watered down as multiplayer was I still really enjoyed playing it at launch with some friends. Was refreshing to play some different modes like Freeze Tag and Warpath, and overall I thought the maps were well done.

If I still have it installed I'm down to play. I remember thinking the timer one the rune was around 3 minutes for the first, not sure how it worked though beyond that, and it always seemed to spawn closer towards the losing team.

Split screen???

Crazy isnt it? A cRPG in 2017 has Co-op split-screen and the Xbox flagship title doesn't! Divinity is a game best experienced with friends, the devs encourage you to play with others there is even a global chat in-game where you can hook-up with other players in your zone. Hit me up on Steam at xoghitmanx  if any of y'all are playing Im a #LizardWizard named Blizzard lol(and yes true to my name im an ice wizard who can cast Blizzard)!

I forgot how fun global chat could be too just makes the world feel more real and alive. The world of Rivellon has more hidden secrets and pathways than the original DOOM so the global chat feature really makes sense because you can truly help other players out(and troll them too lol saw that happen a couple times) it reminds me of the glory days of vanilla WoW global chat when the game had all those secret world bosses and hidden treasures before it got dumbed down to hell. I haven't even gotten any sleep in the last two weeks ive just been absolutely hooked to this game, there is so much depth and the story-lines/characters are superb not like the usual boring, grindy, rpg quests. GOTY so far for me by far and one of the best rpg's ive ever played. 

http://www.metacritic.com/g00/game/pc/divinity-original-sin-ii?i10c.encReferrer=

94 on Metacritic too good to see a great indie game get the recognition it deserves. I cant wait to try the pvp Arena mode next and troll everyone with my ice mage #LizardWizard skills  :angry:

Divinity: Original Sin II is not only a contender for best game of 2017, but one of the best RPGs ever created. The game could easily take a hundred hours to complete and the interplay between the well-constructed story, gameplay mechanics and player freedom creates a world I could see myself revisiting with different parties just to watch the story unfold differently. Simply put, Divinity: Original Sin II is truly divine.

Spot.On.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As watered down as multiplayer was I still really enjoyed playing it at launch with some friends. Was refreshing to play some different modes like Freeze Tag and Warpath, and overall I thought the maps were well done.

If I still have it installed I'm down to play. I remember thinking the timer one the rune was around 3 minutes for the first, not sure how it worked though beyond that, and it always seemed to spawn closer towards the losing team.

Just saw this. Def down to play

Crazy isnt it? A cRPG in 2017 has Co-op split-screen and the Xbox flagship title doesn't! Divinity is a game best experienced with friends, the devs encourage you to play with others there is even a global chat in-game where you can hook-up with other players in your zone. Hit me up on Steam at xoghitmanx  if any of y'all are playing Im a #LizardWizard named Blizzard lol(and yes true to my name im an ice wizard who can cast Blizzard)!

I forgot how fun global chat could be too just makes the world feel more real and alive. The world of Rivellon has more hidden secrets and pathways than the original DOOM so the global chat feature really makes sense because you can truly help other players out(and troll them too lol saw that happen a couple times) it reminds me of the glory days of vanilla WoW global chat when the game had all those secret world bosses and hidden treasures before it got dumbed down to hell. I haven't even gotten any sleep in the last two weeks ive just been absolutely hooked to this game, there is so much depth and the story-lines/characters are superb not like the usual boring, grindy, rpg quests. GOTY so far for me by far and one of the best rpg's ive ever played. 

http://www.metacritic.com/g00/game/pc/divinity-original-sin-ii?i10c.encReferrer=

94 on Metacritic too good to see a great indie game get the recognition it deserves. I cant wait to try the pvp Arena mode next and troll everyone with my ice mage #LizardWizard skills  :angry:

Spot.On.

I just bought Divinity Original Sin II today.  Never played the first but I hope I like it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just bought Divinity Original Sin II today.  Never played the first but I hope I like it. 

DOS and DOS 2 are completely different games story-wise so dont worry about having to play them in chronological order. There is alot of DOS references and inside jokes in the dialogue though for example when you first teleport a teammate or steal something your character will say "Oh...not this again!" or "Huh...I feel like ive been here before" always gives me a good chuckle. Not to mention every play-through you control your own story-line and party compositions to a large degree so one play-through could be significantly different than the next which is one of the best parts about Divinity. Let me know what you think and make sure to bow down to your #LizardWizard MR overlords!   ;)

Also this video won the internet today.  :D

Is Halo 6 supposed to come out next year? It scares me because you think E3 would of shown a trailer for it. If H5 is out until late 2019 or something my body isn't ready.

Is Halo 6 supposed to come out next year? It scares me because you think E3 would of shown a trailer for it. If H5 is out until late 2019 or something my body isn't ready.

Xbox as a whole seems to be moving towards a "show it when it's nearly ready" attitude. It worked out great for Destiny 2 and Fallout 4 and it stops massive disappointment that happened with Scalebound and other titles when they get delayed/cancelled.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Xbox as a whole seems to be moving towards a "show it when it's nearly ready" attitude. It worked out great for Destiny 2 and Fallout 4 and it stops massive disappointment that happened with Scalebound and other titles when they get delayed/cancelled.

Good point. Hopefully next E3 shows it then.

Not that many people would notice (or care), but if Fallout was a person, they'd be 20 years old, tomorrow. I might make an appreciation thread, or something similar to celebrate the RPG which proved you don't need magic, swords, or elves to make a great Role-Playing Game.

Not that many people would notice (or care), but if Fallout was a person, they'd be 20 years old, tomorrow. I might make an appreciation thread, or something similar to celebrate the RPG which proved you don't need magic, swords, or elves to make a great Role-Playing Game.

Agreed. You need lizards clearly as DOS: 2 has clearly shown us. In other news...Dark Souls references in Divinity! I can only imagine the world of videogaming would end as we know it if the dark souls creator teamed up with Larian to make the greatest rpg of all time. 

PS. Fallout is awesome but Bethesda hasnt made a good RPG since Morrowind for me.  :( They get credit for DOOM 2016 though that was huge.

883ab5a045.jpg

PS. Fallout is awesome but Bethesda hasnt made a good RPG since Morrowind for me.  :( They get credit for DOOM 2016 though that was huge.

I don't think they've ever made a good RPG. Morrowind is a good game (great even), but it's not a good RPG; in fact, I would hardly call an "RPG", mainly because I don't like having to be the hero in every playthrough of the game and my choices to carry a lot more weight in the world. Morrowind is still the best game in the series, which isn't saying much, since it's only the game that's even worth playing in my eyes. The first two TES games are too clunky and vague about where you need to go, Oblivion and Skyrim treat players as toddlers who need to be spoon-fed every second that they're playing the games, and don't even get me started on ES:O.

As for DOOM 2016, no, they won't get any credit from me. id Software developed the game, not Bethesda. Bethesda just published the game, just like how they published Obsidian's Fallout: New Vegas.

I don't think they've ever made a good RPG. Morrowind is a good game (great even), but it's not a good RPG; in fact, I would hardly call an "RPG", mainly because I don't like having to be the hero in every playthrough of the game and my choices to carry a lot more weight in the world. Morrowind is still the best game in the series, which isn't saying much, since it's only the game that's even worth playing in my eyes. The first two TES games are too clunky and vague about where you need to go, Oblivion and Skyrim treat players as toddlers who need to be spoon-fed every second that they're playing the games, and don't even get me started on ES:O.

As for DOOM 2016, no, they won't get any credit from me. id Software developed the game, not Bethesda. Bethesda just published the game, just like how they published Obsidian's Fallout: New Vegas.

Yes, glad to find someone who thinks they are as overrated as I do. Bethesda RPG's are just lacking depth, personality, meaningful NPC story-lines, and combat depth these days they are made very accessible which is ok but comparing the gameplay of Skyrim to Divinity OS 2 is like comparing twiddly winks to high level chess. Dishonored was decent, good for story and stealth mechanics if you like that sort of game. Obsidian is making POE 2 currently which im also looking forward too, I hope they can give DOS 2 a run for its money but for me I will always prefer the classic Baldur's Gate type vibe of Divinity. I actually think DOS is a significant improvement on the Baldur's Gate formula and I would probably say its better in alot of ways. Which is pretty fitting because DOS 2 and Baldurs Gate 2 are like 11/10(I think?) on the list of greatest PC games on Metacritic of all time.

I also meant the Bethesda gets credit for not fucking up DOOM 2016, most id fans would of been on suicide watch if that game hadnt sort of "nailed it" which feels weird saying that as an id fan.

Yes, glad to find someone who thinks they are as overrated as I do. Bethesda RPG's are just lacking depth, personality, and combat depth these days they are made very accessible which is ok but comparing the gameplay of Skyrim to Divinity OS 2 is like comparing twiddly winks to high level chess. Dishonored was decent, good for story and stealth mechanics if you like that sort of game.

If you want to find other people who feel the same about Bethesda as I do, look here, that place is to this site as /r/fallout is to /r/halo.

Dishonored was a good game with a story with a clear motivation. It has its flaws, such as Corvo being silent throughout the entire game, but it's biggest flaw is that it isn't a good stealth game, or at least, not as good as its predecessors, Looking Glass' Thief games. Unlike Corvo, Garrett wasn't designed in a way so players could make him be this insanely OP killing machine. He wasn't nearly as agile, and was very vulnerable - you'll be lucky to survive at least five blows from the guards before you die. The first two games also utilized a shadow-based system which hasn't seen much action in the genre, lately. A shame, really, because no developer is willing to look as this formula, and figure out ways to improve and tweak it for modern gamers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

(Modern) Bethesda creates buggy games that have a lot of core potential but never actually live up to that potential and basically require tons of community fixes mods to even come close to reaching it.

Skyrim and Fallout 3 are exceedingly average games mostly carried by their surrounding hype, not their actual quality.  Their base combat is, to be blunt, utter shit, and their RPG aspects (quests, level and item systems, faction systems and dialogue, etc) are definitely passable but by no means mind blowing.  Fallout 4 is definitely a major improvement in terms of combat, but a significant step back in other areas.  Skyrim was completely gutted of most of the things that would've made it stand out prior to it's release and would've been a way better game if the devs weren't rushed on time.

That is basically the only bad thing about Bethesda though, making a handful of mediocre games.  To my knowledge the whole paid mods thing is the first anti-consumer thing they've ever done.  So I can still respect them relative to a lot of other AAA companies.

Also on a related note, Fallout 1 is free on steam for the next 24 hours.

Also on a related note, Fallout 1 is free on steam for the next 24 hours.

I heard Steam uses the censored version of the game. I don't trust Steam when it comes to old-school games.

I heard Steam uses the censored version of the game. I don't trust Steam when it comes to old-school games.

I definitely learned to be wary of game dumps, and even popular old-school games have a chance of just not working. Steam's version of Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 + 2 are still largely broken on modern OS's.

I definitely learned to be wary of game dumps, and even popular old-school games have a chance of just not working. Steam's version of Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 + 2 are still largely broken on modern OS's.

The Steam versions of Quake 1 and 2 don't play the music. This is really bad.

Speaking of old games, TimeSplitters 2 turns 15 years old today! It might be a successor to Goldeneye, which also turned 20 back in August, but Perfect Dark surpasses both of them in replay value, content, and gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1