god damn it quietman.

i came on TB today and saw like fucking 7 new topics. It was like the olden TB days. I rejoiced

turns out he just bumped old ones.

F

• Upvote (+1) 2

god damn it quietman.

i came on TB today and saw like fucking 7 new topics. It was like the olden TB days. I rejoiced

turns out he just bumped old ones.

F

Saucey should sue 343 for killing TB

• Upvote (+1) 2

Saucey should sue 343 for killing TB

the generalized topics are what make TB look inactive. posts that could be new topics drown in those threads within a page and are never seen again. 

So i recently went out and bought a new original xbox for softmodding purposes. Got NHE v7 installed and everything, got myself a component adapter for the xbox as well to get some niiiiice visuals

Unfortunately the colors seem to be fucked. I kepe getting this weird blue-yellow hue on the screen. The audio is fine and everything, but the colors ingame suuuck

image.jpg

any suggestions?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So i recently went out and bought a new original xbox for softmodding purposes. Got NHE v7 installed and everything, got myself a component adapter for the xbox as well to get some niiiiice visuals

Unfortunately the colors seem to be fucked. I kepe getting this weird blue-yellow hue on the screen. The audio is fine and everything, but the colors ingame suuuck

image.jpg

any suggestions?

the adapter could just be fucked. when i was looking for one i read the reviews the most common complaint on many products was the color was skewed one way or the other

Weird spambot just posted lots of threads wtf

edit: My god, it's literally been spamming threads for three hours, do we have a way to delete them?

image.jpg

any suggestions?

You're playing as an elite. Duh.

• Upvote (+1) 4

update: got my cables working

image.jpg

thanks @@Riddler for suggestions and fuck you @@Hard Way i will never be a dino in a halo game unless i feel like trolling

Maybe I can take you for a ride in my FeRAWRri.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know of any good articles or vids explaining the popularity of Twitch/Livestreaming? One of my parents close friends is asking about it. 

Whats new in here? long time no see TB homies.

Kinda sick of OW. There really doesn't seem to be a replacement of Halo for me.

Kinda sick of OW. There really doesn't seem to be a replacement of Halo for me.

I like OW in little spurts.  Comp can get really infuriating if you do like I do and have basically 4 gold medals 5 games in a row and lose all 5 of them because your team mates are arguing about people playing Hanzo and Genji.   

Overwatch's character variety is I think what prevents me from getting burnt out. I have some real life friends who play who aren't very competitive and it can be fun playing. Zarya is one character that made me want to turn on the game and play regardless of the game itself, I just really enjoyed playing her and had no fun playing hanzo/genji/mccree/soilder etc. Now all I play is mostly is one of them.

I understand the ideas behind the game design but one gripe I have is the forced level of team work and in ability for an individual to have enough influence to sway the game in their favor. I try not to weigh the medals into it too much unless I'm on a certain class, like Lucio and have gold/silver damage. I mainly prefer the ability for the individual to be incredibly powerful and have that opportunity to carry/kill an entire team. Halo CE, Shadowrun, MNC all had done this well.

Hog was as close as I could get to a solo carry character. With his nerf I haven't bothered touching him, other potential solo carries just don't have all the tools. (tracer/genji)

Anyway I picked up Titanfall 2 on sale and haven't played too much yet, but did a few campaign missions. So far, it's really good. I get a CE vibe from it just in the sense of it being a futuristic sci-fi game in which you are trying to figure out where you are, whats happening etc. @@CyReN - Good recommendation. I almost never play or enjoy campaigns outside of the Halo series. Mainly Halo CE. While I'm still very early into it, it has the same hold over me that Doom had. I'd say the best two campaigns I have played on the Xbox One are the new Doom and Titanfall 2.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hog was as close as I could get to a solo carry character. With his nerf I haven't bothered touching him, other potential solo carries just don't have all the tools. (tracer/genji)

Tell me about it g2PlnOX.png

Although I've been basically 1 tricking him in comp post nerf, not much play time though. Like 5hrs. 80% win rate, 88% hook rate. Not too bad. But its hard and I've had to swap a few times because you can get shut down and bullied so hard. Funny as shit punishing when ppl challenge you on heroes who have no business challenging a hog just because of his nerfs though. I've had ppl still bitch about hog/them getting hooked (their fault) even after the nerf. I don't agree with it at all, so dumb.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Tell me about it g2PlnOX.png

Although I've been basically 1 tricking him in comp post nerf, not much play time though. Like 5hrs. 80% win rate, 88% hook rate. Not too bad. But its hard and I've had to swap a few times because you can get shut down and bullied so hard. Funny as shit punishing when ppl challenge you on heroes who have no business challenging a hog just because of his nerfs though. I've had ppl still bitch about hog/them getting hooked (their fault) even after the nerf. I don't agree with it at all, so dumb.

1 tricking him in comp post nerf? You're a mad man. Personally I think he's not worth the pick at this moment for me over other classes for most compositions, but he's incredibly fun to play regardless. I love the hook mechanic. There was a character in Super Monday Night Combat that was essentially road hog with close range attacks but the hook also moved you around like Widow.

Nerfed Hog can still be effective but I feel like I can kinda compare stuff to Halo and some of the thoughts around sprint or "adapting". I've basically gotten the "adapt" argument now with Hog and feel that his damage change is similar to the effect sprint can have in Halo in terms of making engagements longer. I know it's a bit different, but I'm mostly looking at it in terms of being punished for bad positioning. Sprint helped negate that to an extreme amount, and Hog's lack of 1 shot kill does the same. Hog would be my go to class to solo-carry, as well as just counter many things. Now I hook a reaper and I picture them laughing at me. It's crazy cause all that really changed is that you needed to get into a better range in order to do a decent damage left trigger/right click, then hook and follow up. Problem is most players are out after the first shot.

Playing R6:Siege brings me back to the H3/CoD4 days. Everyone has mics and is looking to squad up. It's the only game I can play all day and not get bored of.

I regret never playing the old R6 games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The sitting area for Halo spectators compared to every other game is laughable. Feelsbad.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 tricking him in comp post nerf? You're a mad man. Personally I think he's not worth the pick at this moment for me over other classes for most compositions, but he's incredibly fun to play regardless. I love the hook mechanic. There was a character in Super Monday Night Combat that was essentially road hog with close range attacks but the hook also moved you around like Widow.

Nerfed Hog can still be effective but I feel like I can kinda compare stuff to Halo and some of the thoughts around sprint or "adapting". I've basically gotten the "adapt" argument now with Hog and feel that his damage change is similar to the effect sprint can have in Halo in terms of making engagements longer. I know it's a bit different, but I'm mostly looking at it in terms of being punished for bad positioning. Sprint helped negate that to an extreme amount, and Hog's lack of 1 shot kill does the same. Hog would be my go to class to solo-carry, as well as just counter many things. Now I hook a reaper and I picture them laughing at me. It's crazy cause all that really changed is that you needed to get into a better range in order to do a decent damage left trigger/right click, then hook and follow up. Problem is most players are out after the first shot.

Yeah idk. I guess I just haven't found who I like to play/or want to play? I just flex to whatever to give us our best chance at winning (unless Im not good at the hero). So I play a bunch of heroes at this point and am pretty good with them, but took a liking to "maining" hog. 76 is probably my best hero but I find him so boring to play and only swap to him when we need to for the win. Lucio is probably the most fun to play for me though, and I've taken a liking to zen recently (esp with dive being so popular and im not playing something else already). Nothing like the insta kill right clicks or fraggin out. But I started playing hog last season and got pretty good with him and i guess just wanted to see how I did with him still.

Yeah the whole "adapt" thing was annoying to see (all over again) His entire kit/identity is built around his hook combo. Taking that away is just bad. He was a better reaper than reaper, which wasn't good but reapers kit is just a mess/clunky anyway and needs fixing or even a overhaul (the recent heal passive change is nice but does nothing for his other issues). I hope they revert the changes but im not holding my breath, if they dont want him to have the damage he did im not even sure what they could do without completely redoing him. I guess maybe making it so he gives less ult charge to enemies and maybe a 4-6 second hook, so hes more of a "displacement" tank (whatever the fuck that is). idk.

Some of the other things that annoyed me seeing on reddit was like "he had a free kill every 8 seconds", "he could get a hook uncontested w/o being punished".

1. Taking "he can get a free kill every 8 seconds" literally is false, just look at the hook accuracy of the (former) top hog players and you can see that. On top of that, the threat of you having hook available can do wonders for you and will make enemies hesitate (esp if you've gotten some nice hooks off prior in the game, esp on genjis/tracers) it will mess with them, they will hesitate to push if you can hook them. If you throw out hook off cooldown just for the sake of it, you can/will be punished for it. It gives them an opening they need and they will take it. I'm not saying to never throw it out, just take the good ones, or take the risky ones when they can pay off, don't just throw it for the sake of it.

2. This is just false and probably said by people who don't even play him. Hes hog, hes huge and has a big hitbox, has no mobility or shielding and makes a lot of noise moving around. Hes easy to pump damage into. 76 literally shits damage into him, add a zen and things can go very badly for you. He can be punished for going for a hook but it takes your team reacting.

A lot of times you get hooked because you're in a poor position, there was some arguments on reddit that that was bullshit and it was that "you're just within 20m of hog". Which is kinda true, but its really you're not respecting the hero and their space they're most effective in. Do you get cute and challenge a widow across map with a mercy, zen or lucio etc, get blained and then cry bullshit/unfair?  Probably not. You didn't respect the hero and got punished for it. You can get away with that example at lower levels because the players aren't as good but better players will punish you for it, hell give lower level players enough chances and they will punish you for it. Another example would be 1v1ing a mccree up close, you don't do it when he has flash up because thats probably a death sentence. Or 1v1ing reaper up close and plenty more examples. Same thing with hog while his hook is up. You can choose to respect the hero and try to play them into your hands, or you can take the challenge and try to beat them in theirs.  Its kinda like a dance. Hell if you've ever played 1v1/3v3 against a hog with mccree/76/widow its a game of ring around the rosie. But in the end the choice is yours and the fault is yours.

I kinda find it funny that blizzard nerfed hog because "being one shot isn't fun" but hanzo scatter arrow exists, which aren't very skillful, usually can't be punished that well, can be completely random/out of no where/across the map etc. And they just released a hero with a more (more like actual) bullshit one shot as well in doomfist. Quote me on this but I predict people bitching about being randomly one shot by him in the coming months. And unlike hog, theres nothing to react to with random rocket punches.

I kinda needed to vent. Sorry.