I'm gonna say the same thing I said on forgehub here.

I agree it fulfills its purpose as a cover piece.

I just find the concept of cover stupid.

Haven't used "cover" in any map as far back as Reach I think. The map geometry itself should be the cover. It just isn't interesting, especially in a game like Halo with shitty cqc, long kill times, recharging health, low shooting skill. Etc. If cover based combat played as well in Halo as it does in Gears or Counter Strike I would agree, yes. There's nothing wrong with that.

In Halo, it just devolves into ring around the rosie until someone clamber on top and ground pounds

• Upvote (+1) 1

That gets me thinking about the tombstones in hang em high. That leads me to ask, is halo broken if los blockers are necessary for open areas or are open areas a poor design for halo?

Whats funny is Hardy LeBel said the map designer handed him a concept of the map and they just looked at it and thought, wtf? this isn't gonna work...

but then they made it and gave it a shot and it played really well. Considering how slow you move and how quickly you die I think that the tombstones in HeH are good cover. Maybe it's lazy by design but you cannot hide behind any pillar and avoid a grenade. Camo players often die moving from pillar to pillar from pistol fire while dodging nades.

None of the tombs are cover to the point where you can hide there.

That gets me thinking about the tombstones in hang em high. That leads me to ask, is halo broken if los blockers are necessary for open areas or are open areas a poor design for halo?

I would argue huge open areas are poor design for almost any shooter.

I like how there's a controversy over whether WoW TRULY still has around 10 million subscribers. 

Meanwhile I'm over here with my Halos like...lol 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like how there's a controversy over whether WoW TRULY still has around 10 million subscribers. 

Alls I need is a GMYF server and GMYF friends in the discord app.  Problem solved.  Let H5 die, it deserves to. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alls I need is a GMYF server and GMYF friends in the discord app.  Problem solved.  Let H5 die, it deserves to. 

It ain't gonna die with them apologists constantly trying to keep it alive.

They try so hard in censoring any criticism to 343, it's almost like they have a checklist to see whether a person is against 343.

I want halo 5 to die soo badly, at this point. I gave it a chance at launch, but not now, no.

Fucking hate it now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would argue huge open areas are poor design for almost any shooter.

I wouldn't entirely agree or disagree.  Rather I'd say it depends on how the open areas (kind of a vague term isn't it?) are being used by the map.

Classic Quake map design tends to consist of two or three large areas connected by multiple, smaller hallways and rooms.

Large areas exist to promote gameplay variety (i.e. create a new class of long-range weapons for the player to use), and to slow or pose risk to the player as they move through them (as the area could either be a critical route or contain a crucial powerup / power weapon).  Small areas exist to provide safer routes to traverse and to shift focus onto a different class of CQC or medium-range weapons.  A map might heavily feature one over the other to promote a specific style of play, but typically it won't veer into either extreme. In tandem they lead to better depth and variety than if the map only relied on one or the other. Damnation for example has the entire waterfall side as a large area for sniping, then it has multiple smaller rooms throughout.  That area also houses the important Overshield.

If your map is mostly large areas then movement becomes impossible and it turns into players just camping and sniping the entire game.

If your map is mostly tiny areas then explosions and melee combat reign supreme and skill fails to play a part in the game.

The problem with Hang em High is that it's essentially just a single giant box with some crates thrown in to somewhat prevent players from getting sniped from every angle.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Been thinking about the Super Bowl this Sunday.  I think I am going to stream on the Fox Sports Go app instead of using my set top box.  I am betting the stream will be higher quality than my set top box can do.   i.e. real 1080p vs 720p/1080i

Has anybody tested this sort of thing before?

Really happy for Beyond and Rocket League tourney right now. Incredible support, over 2k viewers!

I thought i was having discord issues I had so many notifications in the beyond discord lol. So I checked it out and the chat was FLYING.. really cool to see considering the Halo community seems way more partial to the forums vs discord, where the RL guys haven't been too active on the forums but surpassed us in the discord.

My heart is always in competitive Halo, but I really valued how MLG brought other games and communities together. This reminds me a lot of that and is something I'm excited for

you think that's bad, imagine how runescape players must feel.

I haven't posted in the halo section for like a year but I was going through my old posts and thought i'd make a flashback friday post

AGL SO BREATHTAKING

Miss you guys whats goin on with halo

• Upvote (+1) 1

you think that's bad, imagine how runescape players must feel.

nov 2013: population - 13,000

jan 2017: population - 41,000

I'm guessing they're pretty happy

nov 2013: population - 13,000

jan 2017: population - 41,000

I'm guessing they're pretty happy

ive been told it could go as high as 250k back in 07-09

Halo Reach just fucked my life up, fam.

EDIT: Whoops, this isn't general gaming. Whatever, it super-fucked my life

ftfy ;)

Double fixed. 

But seriously, I cried like a little bitch at the end of TLG. I've never cried at anything except a funeral. 

Double fixed.

But seriously, I cried like a little bitch at the end of TLG. I've never cried at anything except a funeral.

We've turned a sour lemon sweet

Do you need a hug and do you recommend it for somebody that is iffy on the whole minimalist adventure genre (Journey was kind of hit or miss for me and this looks much like it)

• Upvote (+1) 1

We've turned a sour lemon sweet

Do you need a hug and do you recommend it for somebody that is iffy on the whole minimalist adventure genre (Journey was kind of hit or miss for me and this looks much like it)

1. Yes hugs please

2. Well, if someone was "iffy" on fighting games, I wouldn't recommend Guilty Gear even though I think it's an awesome and accessible series. But quite frankly, you can play Last Guardian for just the computer wallpaper screenshot possibilities alone. The game's all about atmosphere and bonding with your pet dogcatbirdraptor. 

r/halo is dumb.

The top thing right now is a single kill with the grenade launcher in team fiesta. 1500 upvotes. It can only be described as "average as fuck".

The people there are excruciatingly shitty at the game, and upvote garbage that they can relate to. Meanwhile actually impressive plays get ignored because shitty r/halo kids have this hard disconnect with good players and skillful play.

I can't relate to so much of what I see on that site that it makes it difficult to enjoy it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

r/halo is dumb.

The top thing right now is a single kill with the grenade launcher in team fiesta. 1500 upvotes. It can only be described as "average as fuck".

The people there are excruciatingly shitty at the game, and upvote garbage that they can relate to. Meanwhile actually impressive plays get ignored because shitty r/halo kids have this hard disconnect with good players and skillful play.

I can't relate to so much of what I see on that site that it makes it difficult to enjoy it.

I kinda picture that whole subreddit feels the same way about Halo 5 as I felt about Goldeneye when I was a kid. Doesn't matter what map what mode what weapon etc everything in the game was fun and the best ever. Camping with proximity mines wasn't cheap, hiding in the bathrooms in Facility was a skillful tactic etc.

When I go back and play the game today it hasn't held up in almost any standard. It was a great game at the time, but it was all I was used to and didn't really have an understanding of FPS games outside of it.

• Upvote (+1) 2