Somebody else should see what the first clip is for the Jackbox Party Pack in the XBL store, before they take it down. It's sooooooo bad.

wBEIwti.png

which

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

wBEIwti.png

which

hmm, none of those. and your interface looks different than mine. Are you looking at it on your computer? The one I saw is the first clip on Xbox. It's racist as shit.

With 2016 winding down, here are some of my favorites:

[Video Games]
1) INSIDE
2) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
3) Titanfall 2
4) DOOM
5) Quantum Break

[Movies]
1) Hell or High Water
2) Hacksaw Ridge
3) La La Land
4) O.J.: Made in America
5) Captain America: Civil War

[Television]
1) Game of Thrones
2) Westworld
3) Black Sails
4) Better Call Saul
5) The Night Of

Have a great New Years!

• Upvote (+1) 2

hmm, none of those. and your interface looks different than mine. Are you looking at it on your computer? The one I saw is the first clip on Xbox. It's racist as shit.

Was looking on the Xbox web store.

Maybe it's region based?

Doom should've won game of the year.

Multiplayer, mod support, and a few tiny things let it down. But im glad it showed old school hardcore fps gameplay can still make money. Have you seen the DEV interviews about when they were making  "Call of DOOM" and they decided to scrap it all lol.

Multiplayer, mod support, and a few tiny things let it down. But im glad it showed old school hardcore fps gameplay can still make money. Have you seen the DEV interviews about when they were making "Call of DOOM" and they decided to scrap it all lol.

Yeah I think it's awesome how they decided to completely restart the entire project. When it comes down to it the mp is just sprinkles on the cake. If I were comparing it to overwatch (which won) it comes down to what's better; Dooms campaign, or OW's mp? And I think that's a really hard question

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish new MP games that you just know are gonna have super small populations within a month wouldn't cost $60 when they come out. I've missed out on a lot of games that probably had decent MP's because I didn't want to pay full price for a month of reasonable matches.

Guys I'm really considering switching to PC and dropping close to ~$2K on a beasty setup. I only play R6: Siege nowadays on Xbox and Halo is dead, so...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys I'm really considering switching to PC and dropping close to ~$2K on a beasty setup. I only play R6: Siege nowadays on Xbox and Halo is dead, so...

Go for it if you actually see yourself using it for gaming often.

$200 - $500 will get you a PC that's equivalent or superior to console hardware. 

I'd really recommend not dumping tons of money on a PC, as the differences between graphics from mid-tier and top-end really aren't that significant in my opinion.

Plus it's better to just build a mid-tier PC then decide whether it's sufficient for you or not, as you can always upgrade it later anyways.

Don't buy pre-builts, build your own.

$200 - $500 will get you a PC that's equivalent or superior to console hardware.

I'd really recommend not dumping tons of money on a PC, as the differences between graphics from mid-tier and top-end really aren't that significant in my opinion.

Plus it's better to just build a mid-tier PC then decide whether it's sufficient for you or not, as you can always upgrade it later anyways.

Don't buy pre-builts, build your own.

Funny you say that - I was thinking of buying a high-end pre-built from Newegg ($1399). It has great reviews and honestly I don't know the first thing about building my own.

I plan to get into streaming and content-making as I've always wanted to do it. I plan to play some AAA games and lots of emulators such as Dolphin. You're right though, I probably don't need a high-end PC for that. I really don't know shit.

Newegg is pretty trustworthy.  It's just a lot of people sell pre-fabricated PC's that are really overpriced and not worth it.

Can I see the PC?

Newegg is pretty trustworthy.  It's just a lot of people sell pre-fabricated PC's that are really overpriced and not worth it.

Can I see the PC?

Sure.

Option A: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102241&cm_re=abs-_-83-102-241-_-Product

Option B: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102254

Was also looking at this 4K monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16824236399

Busy at the moment, I'll go more in depth later.

But I can tell you this just from looking at those briefly:

-They come with two hard drives, which isn't super necessary.

-32 Gigs of RAM is absolute overkill.  Most modern games only take like 4-6 gigs, then maybe 2 extra for whatever you have going on in the background.  So 8 gigs of RAM is adequate  Unless you're rendering 3D animations or some shit like that (which you aren't) there's no need to have that much RAM.  Maybe go with 16gigs total because you plan on streaming, but that's it.

-The CPU and GPU on that are amazing.  Way more than adequate for whatever you plan to do.

I'll see if I can't put something together that's comparable but cheaper.

Edit:

So I went and shopped for the parts of Option A but skimped on the parts I deemed unnecessary.

And the end result is slightly cheaper than the sale price of Option A.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8C69nn

All things considered though yeah, Option A is a pretty good deal at its current price.  However I still think the machine itself is overkill.  If you're dead set on 4k gaming then go for it, but personally I don't think it's really that noticeable over 1080p, and you could save hundreds downgrading on your CPU and GPU to something that's still adequate for 1080p 60fps.

For example, this would have no problem with most games, not even BF1, and is only $800:

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/kfttt6/modest-gaming-build

I have no experience with monitors, you'd have to ask someone else.

Also it's worth looking into getting a good gaming mousepad and a good gaming mouse.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If they drop the matchmaking and only focus on the campaign and SnapMap then it will GOTY. Doom and what we're seeing from Quake Champions makes it very obvious that id is incapable of making a strong multiplayer game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

-32 Gigs of RAM is absolute overkill. Most modern games only take like 4-6 gigs, then maybe 2 extra for whatever you have going on in the background. So 8 gigs of RAM is adequate Unless you're rendering 3D animations or some shit like that (which you aren't) there's no need to have that much RAM. Maybe go with 16gigs total because you plan on streaming, but that's it.

-The CPU and GPU on that are amazing. Way more than adequate for whatever you plan to do.

Edit:

So I went and shopped for the parts of Option A but skimped on the parts I deemed unnecessary.

All things considered though yeah, Option A is a pretty good deal at its current price. However I still think the machine itself is overkill. If you're dead set on 4k gaming then go for it, but personally I don't think it's really that noticeable over 1080p, and you could save hundreds downgrading on your CPU and GPU to something that's still adequate for 1080p 60fps.

For example, this would have no problem with most games, not even BF1, and is only $800:

Also it's worth looking into getting a good gaming mousepad and a good gaming mouse.

Thank you for this. After some thinking I'd rather build it myself like you suggested to save some money. Saving ~$500 is a pretty big deal. I'm sure there's hundreds of tutorials anyway.. can't be too difficult.

-32 Gigs of RAM is absolute overkill.  Most modern games only take like 4-6 gigs, then maybe 2 extra for whatever you have going on in the background.  So 8 gigs of RAM is adequate  Unless you're rendering 3D animations or some shit like that (which you aren't) there's no need to have that much RAM.  Maybe go with 16gigs total because you plan on streaming, but that's it.

-The CPU and GPU on that are amazing.  Way more than adequate for whatever you plan to do.

Edit:

All things considered though yeah, Option A is a pretty good deal at its current price.  However I still think the machine itself is overkill.  If you're dead set on 4k gaming then go for it, but personally I don't think it's really that noticeable over 1080p, and you could save hundreds downgrading on your CPU and GPU to something that's still adequate for 1080p 60fps.

A little update. I modified my build to cater more towards 1440p gaming instead of 4K. My budget simply isn't that high. Let me know what you think. I wish I were confident in my own judgment, but I simply just don't know enough. This is some scary shit.

Here is my new build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yc72jc

I switched to the i7-7700k because it just released a few days ago and only costs like $8 more than the 6700k. Emulators are very CPU-demanding so I figured why the hell not.

Switched to the R9 Fury X because the 4K monitor I really want only allows FreeSync, so I'd like to take advantage of it. Plus the card allows for consistent 1440p gameplay and semi-decent 4K gaming (so I've seen).

Got rid of the HDD in favor of more SDD. I also found a cheaper cooler, motherboard, and case. I'm a bit iffy on the motherboard, but people kept saying a $100 motherboard will still get the job done and the differences are negligible compared to the $200+ ones. Also not so sure if that PSU is enough to handle the build. I'm guessing it is.

Managed to find all the parts via Amazon for just less than $1150 total. Will also be buying a gaming desk, chair, keyboard & mouse for around ~$300. That's about equivalent to the pre-built I was going to buy ($1400), so I'm saving a good amount for building my own. Just not looking forward to the nightmare of actually building my own. I'm not what you'd consider a handyman.

Still open to any changes.

Gonna tag @@ZerueLX11 to see what he thinks, he's probably more knowledgeable than I am.

Could maybe get away with downgrading on the CPU a little.  I haven't done a lot of emulation though from what I have done I've noticed no problems emulating N64 and Gamecube with my 3.5ghz 6-core that I've got.  So there's a grey area.

Motherboard isn't really important beyond making sure everything fits into it.  Go cheaper if you want, that one is fine though.

Edit: Or I guess not.

What I'm reading across the internet would imply the GPU you picked has a higher watt requirement than what PCPartPicker lists it as.  You may want to get a better PSU, one with about a hundred more watts.  Alternatively consider the RX 480 4gb for your card, which is only slightly inferior and should be more power efficient.  Cheaper too.

A little update. I modified my build to cater more towards 1440p gaming instead of 4K. My budget simply isn't that high. Let me know what you think. I wish I were confident in my own judgment, but I simply just don't know enough. This is some scary shit.

Here is my new build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yc72jc

I switched to the i7-7700k because it just released a few days ago and only costs like $8 more than the 6700k. Emulators are very CPU-demanding so I figured why the hell not.

Switched to the R9 Fury X because the 4K monitor I really want only allows FreeSync, so I'd like to take advantage of it. Plus the card allows for consistent 1440p gameplay and semi-decent 4K gaming (so I've seen).

Got rid of the HDD in favor of more SDD. I also found a cheaper cooler, motherboard, and case. I'm a bit iffy on the motherboard, but people kept saying a $100 motherboard will still get the job done and the differences are negligible compared to the $200+ ones. Also not so sure if that PSU is enough to handle the build. I'm guessing it is.

Managed to find all the parts via Amazon for just less than $1150 total. Will also be buying a gaming desk, chair, keyboard & mouse for around ~$300. That's about equivalent to the pre-built I was going to buy ($1400), so I'm saving a good amount for building my own. Just not looking forward to the nightmare of actually building my own. I'm not what you'd consider a handyman.

Still open to any changes.

Whoa that CPU is not going to work with that motherboard, also AMD Vega GPUs, and Ryzen CPUs are coming out you might want to wait on that.

Seeing a few things wrong with this build. 

Gonna tag @@ZerueLX11 to see what he thinks, he's probably more knowledgeable than I am.

Could maybe get away with downgrading on the CPU a little.  I haven't done a lot of emulation though from what I have done I've noticed no problems emulating N64 and Gamecube with my 3.5ghz 6-core that I've got.  So there's a grey area.

Motherboard isn't really important beyond making sure everything fits into it.  Go cheaper if you want, that one is fine though.

Edit: Or I guess not.

What I'm reading across the internet would imply the GPU you picked has a higher watt requirement than what PCPartPicker lists it as.  You may want to get a better PSU, one with about a hundred more watts.  Alternatively consider the RX 480 4gb for your card, which is only slightly inferior and should be more power efficient.  Cheaper too.

Thanks for letting me know. Changed it to an EVGA 700W.

I was highly considering the RX 480 as well. It's like $100 cheaper. I've been watching a lot of benchmarks for the Fury X though and kind of like where it sits. Hard choice.

Whoa that CPU is not going to work with that motherboard, also AMD Vega GPUs, and Ryzen CPUs are coming out you might want to wait on that.

Seeing a few things wrong with this build. 

Which motherboard would you recommend that's compatible and roughly the same price? Edit: found this.

I did hear about the Vega. I hope it releases very soon. If not, I might just buy the cheaper 480 for now, then upgrade to Vega once it's out.

Thanks for letting me know. Changed it to an EVGA 700W.

I was highly considering the RX 480 as well. It's like $100 cheaper. I've been watching a lot of benchmarks for the Fury X though and kind of like where it sits. Hard choice.

Which motherboard would you recommend that's compatible and roughly the same price? Edit: found this.

I did hear about the Vega. I hope it releases very soon. If not, I might just buy the cheaper 480 for now, then upgrade to Vega once it's out.

Yeah that motherboard looks good. Any 2Z70 chipset board should work good.

Hopefully Vega comes soon, best of luck! 480 aint bad either.

Doom was amazing, but I think overall, Overwatch left a bigger imprint on my life, so I'd give the award to Overwatch, personally speaking. 

• Upvote (+1) 1