So.... 

Lawbreakers looks good? The new Double-pistol hero is like dual-enforcers from UT  :tongue:

ScreenShot00003.jpg

Map reminds me of DM-Morpheus a little.They definitely need a Morpheus remake in Lawbreakers it fits the anti-gravity gameplay perfectly. Cant wait for the beta!

The game is basically at UT hero shooter, which is fine since it's a new IP (I'm looking at you "Quake" Champions). I'm looking forward to the release. Is this game going to be free? If not, they're going to have a hard time competing with Overwatch. With Battlborn DOA, the F2P hero shooter slot is still open...

The game is basically at UT hero shooter, which is fine since it's a new IP (I'm looking at you "Quake" Champions). I'm looking forward to the release. Is this game going to be free? If not, they're going to have a hard time competing with Overwatch. With Battlborn DOA, the F2P hero shooter slot is still open...

This game is already much faster and more skill-based than OW lol. The maps are more like traditional Arena FPS as well with a big emphasis on verticality especially with the unique anti-gravity gameplay. The movement skill/depth alone will make it a very high-skill ceiling FPS. I actually see some UT99 in this game in terms of how outlandish it looks and plays. Like crazy fun, crazy fast, and crazy competitve.The game doesn't take itself seriously. Not to mention some of the weapons and the few maps that we've seen.

I can kind of see it being the dota 2 compared to the LoL of OW in terms of hero shooters. This seems like my kind of "Hero" FPS where one player can really dominate lobbies with skill and the "control gravity" gameplay element is something fresh and appeals to me. I dont really care if it takes ideas from UT or otherwise all games take ideas from each other. The last time Cliffy took ideas from another franchise(Quake) he made UT99 which was GOTY so that worked out pretty well! Its nice to have old Cliffy back hes much more fun.  :)

Back to your question though, Lawbreakers will be F2P and you can sign up for the beta here. LawBreakers | Official Website

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shadowrun is now backwards compatible with the Xbox One.

Edit

Oh my even Phil Spencer is playing it right now, so for the love of god please let this spark out to something beautiful.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shadowrun is now backwards compatible with the Xbox One.

You want me to add you to the thread I just made?

Is Shadowrun a game that someone who has never played it could enjoy? I mean would the skill gap be just too great?

Gotta start somewhere.

I hope 2016 shows 343 that you don't have to make a hyper speed wall running jump packing sprint fest of a shooter. With the popularity of Overwatch and the growing popularity of Siege, I hope they take a step back and go "Hang on, those games aren't doing what everyone else is doing, and their games are really popular. Maybe we should make a Halo game for once"

Aiming issues plagued this game for the last year. How the fuck did I manage 60% with the magnum?!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gotta start somewhere.

I hope 2016 shows 343 that you don't have to make a hyper speed wall running jump packing sprint fest of a shooter. With the popularity of Overwatch and the growing popularity of Siege, I hope they take a step back and go "Hang on, those games aren't doing what everyone else is doing, and their games are really popular. Maybe we should make a Halo game for once"

Aiming issues plagued this game for the last year. How the fuck did I manage 60% with the magnum?!

I just spawn trees and teleport through walls over and over. ;)

on a side not, DAYAM that Lawbreakers trailer got me pumped.  I don't see why it could be played along side OW.  It's always nice to change things up every now and then. 

Anyone have any single player game recommendations for Xbox? I'm kind of getting the urge to get away from online multiplayer for awhile so it would need to be a long game.

Having a blast with FFXV right now.  If your a fan of FFVII and FFX I recommend it. 

I just spawn trees and teleport through walls over and over. ;)

on a side not, DAYAM that Lawbreakers trailer got me pumped.  I don't see why it could be played along side OW.  It's always nice to change things up every now and then. 

Damn right! You know its going to be fun and fast when just watching the gameplay(set to shitty dub-step montage music) gets you're adrenaline spiked! We have to do something about the music in FPS trailers these days though,Metal=GOAT for fast-paced FPS trailers, now that Arena FPS are coming back I want to hear more metal! Not as EPIC(no pun intended) as UT's trailers though  :glasses:

Really liked this comment from the trailer, this game is going to kick the shit out of modern FPS! AAA says we cant, but little do they know we will!

The shot closer to the end of the trailer with the Gunslinger fighting in one direction, flinging around the gravity sphere and seamlessly fighting and moving in the opposite direction was sick. Gives you an idea of how cool the mobility is. The mechanics of this game appear to give a lot for hardcore FPS fans to love.

Interested in but ambivalent towards Lawbreakers.

The game's speed is mostly reliant on low gravity zones and movement abilities that are tied to a meter.  There are unique movement mechanics and people are obviously still experimenting with them, but I think the end result will probably be slower than traditional arena shooters.

There's no pickups, and health stations are obviously a flawed system for restoring health (too far out from combat, don't instantly fill health, encourage camping, so on).  I imagine at least the latter will be reworked by final release.

Lack of variety is currently an issue.  Basically each class represents one (sometimes two) traditional weapons of the genre.

Titan has Rockets and Lightning Gun.

Assassin has Shotgun.

Vanguard has the Inaccurate Minigun.

Then Enforcer seems to be designed to be sort a stepping stone for players from other types of shooters much like how Soldier 76 is.  Nothing about him really conforms to traditional arena concepts. He has a semi-accurate Assault Rifle (with le smart scope) and a Pocket Shotgun of sorts.

Still obviously room for things like Railguns, Grenade Launchers, Plasma Guns, so on.  Again hopefully the devs will add more classes to the roster by release.

Edit:  They removed ADS from the Enforcer.

Interested in but ambivalent towards Lawbreakers.

The game's speed is mostly reliant on low gravity zones and movement abilities that are tied to a meter.  There are unique movement mechanics and people are obviously still experimenting with them, but I think the end result will probably be slower than traditional arena shooters.

There's no pickups, and health stations are obviously a flawed system for restoring health (too far out from combat, don't instantly fill health, encourage camping, so on).  I imagine at least the latter will be reworked by final release.

Lack of variety is currently an issue.  Basically each class represents one (sometimes two) traditional weapons of the genre.

Titan has Rockets and Lightning Gun.

Assassin has Shotgun.

Vanguard has the Inaccurate Minigun.

Then Enforcer seems to be designed to be sort a stepping stone for players from other types of shooters much like how Soldier 76 is.  Nothing about him really conforms to traditional arena concepts. He has a semi-accurate Assault Rifle (with le smart scope) and a Pocket Shotgun of sorts.

Still obviously room for things like Railguns, Grenade Launchers, Plasma Guns, so on.  Again hopefully the devs will add more classes to the roster by release.

Edit:  They removed ADS from the Enforcer.

I didn't get into the alpha so I haven't got the chance to play it so maybe its not as fast as the trailer depicts it huh? Bummer... :( I hope they speed the base movement speed up how it looks in the trailer looks SOOO fkn good. Had me like

its UT99's long lost brother! Dont mess with a UT players mind like that Cliffy! Literal goosebumps and adrenaline spikes for days. Like if the game plays close to how that trailer looks its going to be awesome. I feel like its going to have to differentiate itself from other "Hero shooters" to be successful, they should seriously consider making it faster and possibly add some map pick-ups to control on the map. Thats the main complaint with UT4 right now, base movement speed being too slow. Believe me, the kind of gamer who is going to be the core of these games wants fast based movement speed, there is no point in going "in-between" in a PC FPS. The concept and potential for interesting gameplay is really good though I really hope they go all the way and just speed it up.

best damn racing game

oh.  Not much into simulators. I like a little bit of arcade thrown in and definitely open word.  Besides Forza Horizon 3, my favs are Need For Speed Most Wanted and Midnight Club 3. Dirt 3 and the early Burnouts would be close behind those.  

my favs are Need For Speed Most Wanted and Midnight Club 3.

r u me? Those two with NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 were a massive time sink for me back in the day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

r u me? Those two with NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 were a massive time sink for me back in the day.

Have you played Horizon 3? It is now my all time favorite.

Have you played Horizon 3? It is now my all time favorite.

I might have to try it sometime then. Its been a while since I've played racing games, but they still appeal to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

oh.  Not much into simulators. I like a little bit of arcade thrown in and definitely open word.  Besides Forza Horizon 3, my favs are Need For Speed Most Wanted and Midnight Club 3. Dirt 3 and the early Burnouts would be close behind those.  

burnout revenge will always be my favorite

• Upvote (+1) 1

This dude is going to see Opeth and Gojira at the Red Rocks Amphitheater and this dude is pretty stoked. 

So this is what true jealousy feels like.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Somebody else should see what the first clip is for the Jackbox Party Pack in the XBL store, before they take it down. It's sooooooo bad.