SFV EVO top 8 on espn2 hmm. Cool but those grumpy old men will be complaining lol

Play KIs tutorial, it helps a lot and the things that are universal to fighters (which is a good amount iirc) are good to learn for all fighters. Tekken is s different beast than 2d fighters but id say check out Avoid The Puddle.

For absolute beginner stuff for sfv check out Giefs gym or First attack by James Chen. For KoF I believe juice box YouTube has a good tutorial made

5000+ competing @ EVO

Insane

I don't play KI, but I play fighting games

I say the most important thing is learning your buttons/moves(aka what does what and when you should use those moves/buttons) and learn to block

Yeah, I guess with other fighting games that aren't KI I could say I only currently know when to block and do a move, but not what to do after that move. So need to learn how to get something more than just one hit going in other fighting games.

SFV EVO top 8 on espn2 hmm. Cool but those grumpy old men will be complaining lol

Play KIs tutorial, it helps a lot and the things that are universal to fighters (which is a good amount iirc) are good to learn for all fighters. Tekken is s different beast than 2d fighters but id say check out Avoid The Puddle.

For absolute beginner stuff for sfv check out Giefs gym or First attack by James Chen. For KoF I believe juice box YouTube has a good tutorial made

Played KI's basic tutorial, when I've tried out SSF4:AE I never could get in more than one hit before either blocking or taking damage, meanwhile in KI I can easily start a combo, will check out those, thanks!

Yeah, I guess with other fighting games that aren't KI I could say I only currently know when to block and do a move, but not what to do after that move. So need to learn how to get something more than just one hit going in other fighting games.

Played KI's basic tutorial, when I've tried out SSF4:AE I never could get in more than one hit before either blocking or taking damage, meanwhile in KI I can easily start a combo, will check out those, thanks!

SSF4AE is a really hard game execution wise, most BnBs are 1-3f links so it can be pretty hard. Which character you using? 

What other fighting games do you play and/or have

SDGQ 2016 got a shout out from Stephen Colbert during the Stephen Colbert Late Show. Also Ian Eagle commentated the shit out of Colbert eating a Hot Pocket

• Upvote (+1) 1

SSF4AE is a really hard game execution wise, most BnBs are 1-3f links so it can be pretty hard. Which character you using? 

Currently Ryu as he's both similar to Jago and from what I know, a good place for noobs to start off of. I prefer Orchid over Jago in KI, though.

What other fighting games do you play and/or have

Other than KI & SSF4:AE only ones I have are KoF XIII & TTT2. Haven't really touched either of them yet. Well, I also have Divekick. Decided to not buy any more fighting games until I get better at them.

Edit: I uninstalled JetBrain's ReSharper today after testing it out, it lagged and didn't satisfy my coding needs like Visual Assist X does, first ad I encounter on Beyond afterwards is a ReSharper ad lol.

Currently Ryu as he's both similar to Jago and from what I know, a good place for noobs to start off of. I prefer Orchid over Jago in KI, though.

Other than KI & SSF4:AE only ones I have are KoF XIII & TTT2. Haven't really touched either of them yet. Well, I also have Divekick. Decided to not buy any more fighting games until I get better at them.

Edit: I uninstalled JetBrain's ReSharper today after testing it out, it lagged and didn't satisfy my coding needs like Visual Assist X does, first ad I encounter on Beyond afterwards is a ReSharper ad lol.

Learn the bnbs and practice your execution. Get a feel of how the game works

Cr(crouch).medium kick into fireball

Cr.jab>cr.credit.medium punch>fireball

But first things first

Try and practice the special moves first

You need to be able to consistently do fireballs and uppercuts before being able to execute combos

Put the ai on auto block. Itll block every hit after the first one. So if he blocks you're not doing the combo/link right

SDGQ 2016 got a shout out from Stephen Colbert during the Stephen Colbert Late Show. Also Ian Eagle commentated the shit out of Colbert eating a Hot Pocket

Lol it's so wierd seeing him on there when I'm used to seeing him on Twitch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Orange Box needs a remaster. If they're not going to release a 3rd half life at least release a remaster of the orange box, but include half life 1 and portal 2

TIL Shadowrun was prototyped on the Halo 1 engine.

With prototyping like this and actual retail uses of the blam! engine in stuff like Stubbs the Zombie, you have to wonder what else the Halo engine has been used for in such a fashion. Its too bad it isn't open source.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Haven't been a fan of the 4 Evo commentators I've seen today so far.

The sponsor plugs/segways are so bad too lmao.

A few hyped matches so far.

Damn, that could've been another evo moment from daigo lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven't been a fan of the 4 Evo commentators I've seen today so far.

The sponsor plugs/segways are so bad too lmao.

A few hyped matches so far.

Damn, that could've been another evo moment from daigo lol

It seems like when ever Daigo is given a chance to pull off a clurch moment he's destined to do so

Unfortunately didn't happen last night

Piketon GO has little effect on consoles

I don't understand the gif

Not only that. Nintendo has nothing to do with Pokemon GO. They're only making money off of it because they have shares in Pokemon but they're not making a cent directly off the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My cousin saved a little girl today after she was lured to a kidnapper through Pokemom GO. He overheard her screaming while he was walking outside.

Fucked up people, man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Chronic lurker checking in. Joined day 1 and minimal amount of posts. thought I'd stop by and see how the scene is doing, sold the xbox and built a pc so I am out of the loop with halo.

Anyone kind enough to provide a quick debrief of the last 3 months?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Chronic lurker checking in. Joined day 1 and minimal amount of posts. thought I'd stop by and see how the scene is doing, sold the xbox and built a pc so I am out of the loop with halo.

Anyone kind enough to provide a quick debrief of the last 3 months?

Absolutely fucking nothing, except Wars 2 is coming to the PC.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2