I need help finidng a certain halo CE montage. There was a guy who posted a thread here about 3-4 months ago with a halo CE montage that was absolutely hilarious.

He basically just pooped on kids and added in 90s arnie scenes and top gun stuff etc and its was absolutely the funniest montage ever and now i cant find it. Please help, if you see this poster, let me know!

@@Avenger Really starting to take an interest in melee, any tips and or places I could go to learn more about the game in depth? This seems to be your area of expertise

@@Avenger Really starting to take an interest in melee, any tips and or places I could go to learn more about the game in depth? This seems to be your area of expertise

Awesome! Nice to see some more Halo players interested in the smash bros scene. A youtube channel I would check out is "SSBM Tutorials". They showcase strategies and techniques to help you improve.

Some tips by myself: Pick Sheik or Marth to begin with since they are not only top tier but pretty easy to play compared to Fox and Falco.  Learn L-Cancelling for sure. 

I would also check out Smashboards.com, they have a board for each character so you can view tech for any character you desire to play as. They will have a thread of videos so you can study them.

I also recommend just watching a lot of tournaments between high level players as the character you wish to play and try to mimic what they do. It will be hard to do at first because it will be hard to keep up. Just take it one step at a time.

Make sure that you are either playing on a CRT or a really low input lag monitor because Melee requires more precision than FPS games so lag will be noticeable if you are playing on a big HD TV. 

Smash bros is so fun to play. I'm pretty mediocre at Melee but it sure is fun to play. I've been focusing my attention more to Smash 4 now because there are always tournaments for me to attend while as Melee doesn't have as much anymore in my area. 

Awesome! Nice to see some more Halo players interested in the smash bros scene. A youtube channel I would check out is "SSBM Tutorials". They showcase strategies and techniques to help you improve.

Some tips by myself: Pick Sheik or Marth to begin with since they are not only top tier but pretty easy to play compared to Fox and Falco.  Learn L-Cancelling for sure. 

I would also check out Smashboards.com, they have a board for each character so you can view tech for any character you desire to play as. They will have a thread of videos so you can study them.

I also recommend just watching a lot of tournaments between high level players as the character you wish to play and try to mimic what they do. It will be hard to do at first because it will be hard to keep up. Just take it one step at a time.

Make sure that you are either playing on a CRT or a really low input lag monitor because Melee requires more precision than FPS games so lag will be noticeable if you are playing on a big HD TV. 

Smash bros is so fun to play. I'm pretty mediocre at Melee but it sure is fun to play. I've been focusing my attention more to Smash 4 now because there are always tournaments for me to attend while as Melee doesn't have as much anymore in my area.

Thanks brother, appreciate it.

Ya tournaments and stuff are hard to come by with games as old as Melee; i'm lucky I have a group of friends who play Smash everytime we hang out.

Will definitely check these out though, thank you for the advice!

I've been using Ryu a lot in Smash 4. I've never really played many normal fighting games but I like doing his combos. It's too bad everyone in FG is a tier-whore where I have to play as G&W if I don't want to lose, since he's the only character I play as who is "good".

Ryu is top tier in Smash 4 though lol. Game and Watch is mid tier at best. Honestly keep practicing Ryu because he has kill setups that can kill extremely early with true shoryuken. 

Ya tournaments and stuff are hard to come by with games as old as Melee; i'm lucky I have a group of friends who play Smash everytime we hang out.

Same here man. Almost everybody I know plays Smash bros now. The way things feels like how it was back in the day when everybody played Halo 3. Ever since 2010 when Halo Reach came out my competitive gaming spirit and my love for games has pretty much been destroyed. I was pretty much done with gaming because there was no game that interested me enough until I stumbled across the Smash Bros documentary (I highly recommend you watching this if you haven't already). I was astounded that a game I played when I was a kid for fun can also be played competitively.

That is why I love Smash Bros. It is a game that anybody can play but takes time to master. My college has two smash clubs and we play everyday between classes. A good majority of people in there suck at the game competitively but can still have a good time playing it for fun. Some of my best friends today were met at Smash Bros tournaments.

Apparently Trolly visited my profile, but got banned right before he could send me any messages.  :simms:

Perks of rarely logging in.

Looks like no SFV on release for me unfortunately :( probably going to be a week or two later for me and I'll start playing then. Though I'll probably free load off a friend to play a bit so I can get a little practice before the first big tournament in my city

Looks like no SFV on release for me unfortunately :( probably going to be a week or two later for me and I'll start playing then. Though I'll probably free load off a friend to play a bit so I can get a little practice before the first big tournament in my city

I'm on the same boat. Gotta get a new phone first. So i'll have to wait a bit. Conveniently my friend pre ordered it on Steam so i'll be able to play it on there for the time being 

I need help finidng a certain halo CE montage. There was a guy who posted a thread here about 3-4 months ago with a halo CE montage that was absolutely hilarious.

He basically just pooped on kids and added in 90s arnie scenes and top gun stuff etc and its was absolutely the funniest montage ever and now i cant find it. Please help, if you see this poster, let me know!

found it

• Upvote (+1) 6

I see that you found the montage. If I checked earlier I would have had the answer for you but I'm glad you found it. I pretty much did the same thing a few months ago and even started a thread I believe trying to find out whose montage that was. I knew exactly what you were talking about with just the first two sentences lol.

That's one of my favorite montages for sure. I like creative shit, which doesn't exactly have to be amazing angles and filters. Maptacular, SporeFrog's montages, and Bonesaws Bondtage and Doomtage are some of my all time favorites.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Smashlounge is amazing for new players

You interested in playing in tournaments as well? If you tell me your general area I can probably pull up a list of locals for you

You interested in playing in tournaments as well? If you tell me your general area I can probably pull up a list of locals for you

Not really atm, me and my friends play Smash just for fun locally but want to get better at it. Will definitely consider it though when I have the skills to compete lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not really atm, me and my friends play Smash just for fun locally but want to get better at it. Will definitely consider it though when I have the skills to compete lol

Word, tbh as long as you can do the basics (SHFFL and maybe some other advanced tech) you should hit up a tournament assuming you want to later on the road. The locals are also usually pretty chill and fun to hang around with if you ask me

Word, tbh as long as you can do the basics (SHFFL and maybe some other advanced tech) you should hit up a tournament assuming you want to later on the road. The locals are also usually pretty chill and fun to hang around with if you ask me

Right on, trust me I know tournies in the area, school used to have a smash club and it was pretty rad. Appreciate the help and advice; glad the smash community is more welcoming than i had expected

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right on, trust me I know tournies in the area, school used to have a smash club and it was pretty rad. Appreciate the help and advice; glad the smash community is more welcoming than i had expected

The FGC/Smash communities in general are helpful. If there is one stark contrast from the Halo community compared to the FGC and Smash community, it is definitely the "I'm better than you" attitude. Halo there's always ego clashing, lack of people teaching others, the "Win or bust" attitude, etc. 

It's way different in the FGC/Smash. Those communities are more on the aspect of learning, teaching the community, helping others level up, etc. The win is good and all but every suggestion I have heard in the beginning of competing SF/Smash is that you should take the losses as a learning experience and figure out what you did wrong. Also, everyone is really eager to teach others. First time I went to a local was at a bar, I was playing umvc3 and was playing really bad, like a Bronze in Halo sort of bad and instead of the standard "Lol this guy is bad guys" most people came up to me and gave me some good advice. There's some bad people in the scene, as most scenes, but in general it's pretty solid when it comes to introducing people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

EDIT: Late. I responded before the page finished loading the rest of the posts.

• Upvote (+1) 1