Streaming twitch.tv at 720p perfectly, can't load a video on Youtube at 144p.

Utube y u do dis?

Utube y u do dis?

Ya youtube is a joke when it comes to using your bandwidth, I believe I've read somewhere some ISPs only let some bandwidth be used for streaming video, don't quote me I'll try and find a source for that.

I have 45 down and 4 up, can output a stream in 1080p, but 720+ is good enough yet youtube can take forever to buffer videos sometimes.

Ya youtube is a joke when it comes to using your bandwidth, I believe I've read somewhere some ISPs only let some bandwidth be used for streaming video, don't quote me I'll try and find a source for that.

I have 45 down and 4 up, can output a stream in 1080p, but 720+ is good enough yet youtube can take forever to buffer videos sometimes.

There's supposed to be a way to alter how your network accepts Youtube so it'll play stupid, but I don't dabble with that sort of nonsense. Lol.

Twitch needs to have heavy servers because the videos can't just pre-load if the internet is slow. If a stream is laggy, the viewer has no way around it and will leave. This keeps ad revenue out of twitch's hands. Youtube can cut this corner because people just pause the video to let it load. 

Jesus, I leave this community for 6 months to get my life back on track and this is what happens? I have one question. What did andy do and how come it's not fixed?

Nah, from what I can see you guys are doing things right, Gold started the thread and Xiob has the best avatar in the forum. Also if someone could tell what name m.doom is going by these days that'd be great.

HcT37.png?1

I know.

Yeah i'm M.DooM. I put AKA Uuz in my sig for those who know me as that better. M.DooM just reminds me of me arguing my ass off about DRM and shit which was pretty obnoxious.

Nice use of pokemon.

Utube y u do dis?

If it's always like this for you, Idk. If it's just today, then it's because Youtube is all FUBAR right now. 

So much nostalgia playing on the PS2. Would be nice if i had a memory card though. I'm not sure if i just can't find my memory card(s) in my room or i borrowed them out and i just never got them back. 

Lol they actually put headphones after we complained. Hey what do you think the "digital exclusive" code is for day-one buyers?

Lol they actually put headphones after we complained. Hey what do you think the "digital exclusive" code is for day-one buyers?

The exclusive day one achievement I guess. 

I am in the process of formulating an explanation for casuals as to why sprint is bad. I've already "converted" one person over YouTube, so I thought I might try my luck on one of the most casual forums out there: HaloFollower.

Wish me luck.

How do people feel right now regarding 343i?

I still feel they are a nuisance to Halo. I thought descope was out of the question.

SMH

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is this, Amateur Hour?

Pretty much. I thought it was pretty lame too. But i thought "fuck it".

How do people feel right now regarding 343i?

I still feel they are a nuisance to Halo. I thought descope was out of the question.

SMH

Well the current version of de-scope made by modders is a workaround to create a descope like effect. 

The problem is:

1) It doesn't work if there is any stress on the connection at all. Anything more than 2-4 people and it will only work half the time if at all. It is even inconsistent in 1v1s.

2) If you are mid shot with a BR and you get hit, it cancels your burst.

3) It doesn't work with promethean weapons at all

4) It is possible to get the movement glitch you sometimes get in extraction where you stop being able to move for a second (only seen it happen once though)

So right now, it is not viable for anything other than fun customs. If there is a way to fix these issues, it might work, but even then it is a sloppy way to do it. Also, though it isn't really a fault, it constantly looks like you are YYing when you get hit. It is just a sloppy solution. 

I have a chess ELO of 920 apparently. Does that make me a grand-master? 

Pretty much. I thought it was pretty lame too. But i thought "fuck it".

I was just joking. ;)