Never played Shenmue so I wasn't nearly as excited for that as a lot of people.

I've only played a Dreamcast once, when my cousins had it. They didn't have Shenmue though. They got it when it came out and 3 months later sold it and bought an Xbox.

Shenmue 2 was on Xbox

I'm excited for that new NieR game. Only problem with the last one apparently was the combat and if Plat games is there you know it's going to be great now lol. Guess this solidifies my purchase of a ps4

Also been listening to the OST for the last NieR game since I never heard it before. I'm really digging it

I'd love to but I'm still at work and have a busy night in front of me :(

When you done? Back on the xbox tonight for the first time in a bit, super hyped for ranked gaylo if you wanna run a couple games?

When you done? Back on the xbox tonight for the first time in a bit, super hyped for ranked gaylo if you wanna run a couple games?

I can't promise I'll be on tonight.  If I am I'll look for you.  Is your GT Stephander?

I can't promise I'll be on tonight.  If I am I'll look for you.  Is your GT Stephander?

Naw I'm either making a new gt or playing on my friends "solarmagnum". I'll add ya when I'm on and I'll see ya if I see ya

I should be getting my replacement mixamp tomorrow, which I believe is the last piece I need for a real stream where you can hear my party.  If all goes as planned, I might be streaming a lot this weekend, hopefully with some of my favorite Beyond guys in the party as well.  That'd make for a pretty interesting stream, as its usually a good time with the guys here.

Also, now that CE is finally ranked, I'm feeling a lot more motivated to finish the CE content I had planned for my Youtube channel.  If you're interested in learning CE, be on the lookout for that.

Sony was solid, but I think the FF7 remake might have been the biggest thing at their show, and it's a remake. The Last Guardian seems interesting in its own right, whenever I do get a PS4 Imma peep it.

Isn't the last guardian a Shadow of the Colossus sequel?

Yes

• Downvote (-1) 1

No, just the same developer. A developer who has made two games in total and their last game was Shadow of the Colossus, which was released in 2005. I personally thought it looked really underwhelming.

I also thought Sony's E3 conf. was pretty meh, they only announced 5 exclusives(not counting "console exclusives" because I have a PC), since I haven't played Nier, only one that caught my interest was Horizon(Final Fantasy 7 remake is "first on PS4", so, a timed exclusive). The PC Gaming Show had one nice announcement; No Man's Sky is coming to PC at the same time that it's coming to PS4.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No, just the same developer. A developer who has made two games in total and their last game was Shadow of the Colossus, which was released in 2005. I personally thought it looked really underwhelming.

Don't know what you are on about, but IT IS the next game following Shadow of Colossus. It may not be directly tied to the story, but it is, in fact the next game following SotC

Don't know what you are on about, but IT IS the next game following Shadow of Colossus. It may not be directly tied to the story, but it is, in fact the next game following SotC

That's like saying Bloodborne is Dark Souls 2's sequel, The Lion King is a sequel to The Little Mermaid or that Destiny is Halo: Reach's sequel.

edit: I'm sorry, but that's not the definition of a sequel.

edit2: Since we don't know any story of The Last Guardian and since they haven't said it has any connection to their previous games yet, I guess you can only answer it with a "no, we don't know yet though, it could be, but as far as we know right now: no."

• Upvote (+1) 2

Probably not, team ico games seem to all be set in the same world but so far the characters and storylines haven't crossed between games yet. Don't think they'd be into that anyway. Fingers crossed tlg ends up being what ico should have been.

@@theslatcher stoc is a brilliant game. Their first game is dog shit, sotc is truly terrific though and should be played by every gamer.

I don't want to advocate the milking of a franchise, but if the games are good, and people want them, I see no problem. Nintendo is on pace to continue its 5 year Zelda console cycle, and that game is a system seller. They need to stop taking so long IMO.

I also thought Sony's E3 conf. was pretty meh, they only announced 5 exclusives(not counting "console exclusives" because I have a PC), since I haven't played Nier, only one that caught my interest was Horizon(Final Fantasy 7 remake is "first on PS4", so, a timed exclusive). The PC Gaming Show had one nice announcement; No Man's Sky is coming to PC at the same time that it's coming to PS4.

The Last Guardian looked underwhelming? Do you know what makes ICO's games so special? If it was still the PS2 generation and they showed Ico at E3 you'd probably say the same thing. There's a reason why The Last Guardian is so hyped.

So i guess you thought all the conferences were kinda "meh" then? Since pretty much most games are either on one console and PC or on all consoles and PC.

The Sony conference was okay, I think. Only thing that hyped me with new KH3 gameplay, and the FF7 remake. Although, Dark Souls 3 sounds like it'll play like Bloodborne, so I'll probably check that out. Also, pretty cool to see The Last Guardian, ICO was great.

The Last Guardian looked underwhelming? Do you know what makes ICO's games so special? If it was still the PS2 generation and they showed Ico at E3 you'd probably say the same thing. There's a reason why The Last Guardian is so hyped.

So i guess you thought all the conferences were kinda "meh" then? Since pretty much most games are either on one console and PC or on all consoles and PC.

TLG was so hyped because no one was sure it was ever going to come out. It honestly doesn't look that fun to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

TLG was so hyped because no one was sure it was ever going to come out. It honestly doesn't look that fun to play.

Yes... the only reason it was hyped is because it didn't appear again..>_> It has nothing to do with Ico's reputation of making a special game.

You must have never played Ico and Shadow of the Colossus

The Sony conference was okay, I think. Only thing that hyped me with new KH3 gameplay, and the FF7 remake. Although, Dark Souls 3 sounds like it'll play like Bloodborne, so I'll probably check that out. Also, pretty cool to see The Last Guardian, ICO was great.

It's mind boggling how No Man's Sky is never mentioned. It's the most ambitious game at E3 every year since it's first been shown at E3. It's the most next gen game at E3.

Did it get a release date?

Did it get a release date?

I don't remember.

It's literally the first thing Sony showed so just re-watch their conference for it.

But really how should Nintendo make it up aside from the NX? I have a bad feeling this next E3 the NX is just another system that will make no noise on TV commercials.

It honestly breaks my heart how bad this event was. Yes, I'm still salty as a dried up lake about it.