With CoD going to Sony, does that mean the end of Xbox Competitive in MLG?

EDIT: Yes it is. Sucks to be a CoD competitive follower/am player. There goes $400 and then some.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With CoD going to Sony, does that mean the end of Xbox Competitive in MLG?

Sounds like it, but this also means that MS can put all of their focus into HCS and its tournaments. Possibly even Gears competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

damn I kinda liked having the good competition in League Play. Oh well still going to play a lot of blops 3 though that demo was ridiculous

eh I had way more fun with Blops 2 than h4. Game was casually more fun and competitively

• Upvote (+1) 1

>FF7 remake

it finally fucking happened 

Who cares. SHENMUE. FUCKING. THREE. IS. HAPPENING!

14 years since the cliffhanger ending of Shenmue 2, so... Can't wait for Shenmue 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Never played Shenmue so I wasn't nearly as excited for that as a lot of people.

I've only played a Dreamcast once, when my cousins had it. They didn't have Shenmue though. They got it when it came out and 3 months later sold it and bought an Xbox.

Well, there's a reason it's the fastest game to hit 1M on kickstarter. The first stretch goal is Shenmue 1&2 cinema shorts, so you'll be able to play it without playing the first two.

edit: And it's reached it's 2M goal now.  :D

Xbox will sell more consoles based on its previous titles anyways. If PS$ announces backwards compat, THEN were screwed.

Xbox will sell more consoles based on its previous titles anyways. If PS$ announces backwards compat, THEN were screwed.

They already have it, but they're streaming it through Azure(I think it's Azure), just a few select titles though, and you must rent those games for ridic prices.(plus, if they would do it, it would take them over a year to fix it into the PS4, it's a HUGE architecture problem to tackle)

The end of the backwards compat. E3 section the guy went "and of course we won't charge you for games you already own", which was a stab at PS's service(don't know if the service is out yet or still in alpha/beta).

They already have it, but they're streaming it through Azure(I think it's Azure), just a few select titles though, and you must rent those games for ridic prices.(plus, if they would do it, it would take them over a year to fix it into the PS4, it's a HUGE architecture problem to tackle)

The end of the backwards compat. E3 section the guy went "and of course we won't charge you for games you already own", which was a stab at PS's service(don't know if the service is out yet or still in alpha/beta).

Sony use Gaikai streaming or something like that, not Azure. 

Their service is called Playstation Now and it' a massive joke. The prices to rent were just... awful. You couldn't play your old games for free and it even has input delay because it is being done through the cloud.

Well Nintendo sucked.

- Animal crossing finally coming to Wii U and it's a damn Mario Party clone

- Star Fox is just a redone Star Fox 64, which was a redone Star Fox on the SNES (but it still looks good)

- Metroid finally coming out and it's some 3DS spinoff thing that doesn't even seem to have Samus

- Fire Emblem coming out "2016". Not even "early 2016" anymore. Really salty about that.

Only thing I got kind of excited for was the Mario & Luigi + Paper Mario thing.

Square was probably better but still a bit disappointing. 

I would say:

Bethesda

MS

Sony

Ubisoft

Nintendo

Square

EA

For conference rankings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well Nintendo sucked.

- Animal crossing finally coming to Wii U and it's a damn Mario Party clone

- Star Fox is just a redone Star Fox 64, which was a redone Star Fox on the SNES (but it still looks good)

- Metroid finally coming out and it's some 3DS spinoff thing that doesn't even seem to have Samus

- Fire Emblem coming out "2016". Not even "early 2016" anymore. Really salty about that.

Only thing I got kind of excited for was the Mario & Luigi + Paper Mario thing.

Square was probably better but still a bit disappointing. 

I would say:

Bethesda

MS

Sony

Ubisoft

Nintendo

Square

EA

For conference rankings.

I didn't think any of them were that great.

They all had one thing that was big, surrounded by a ton of shit that I don't care about.

We didn't even get a Devil's Third date.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sounds like it, but this also means that MS can put all of their focus into HCS and its tournaments. Possibly even Gears competitive.

At this point Microsoft can probably hold their own events that consist of Halo, Gears, and Killer Instinct

You'd think Nintendo would fire on all cylinders, considering their self admission that the Wii U bombed. It's sad because the Wii U isn't even a "bad system", just needs better marketing and far better support. I hope this fabled NX isn't just a glorified Set-Top-Box that turns into a media tablet... I'm overall flaccid towards Nintendo, though I've always had respect for their motivation in keeping certain elements simple.

Microsoft did a huge solid giving the Xbox One BC, I'm tired as hell of the remakes already! I don't want to be lured in with the promise of "exclusive content". Cuphead and ReCore are what intrigue me aside from Halo. With recent news I feel even more repelled from the idea of pre ordering more-so than I already was. Shame.

Sony was solid, but I think the FF7 remake might have been the biggest thing at their show, and it's a remake. The Last Guardian seems interesting in its own right, whenever I do get a PS4 Imma peep it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nintendo was horrible today..

What pissed me off the most had to be that Animal Crossing announcement though. I mean come on, You have the models and the over world done, and you decide to give us a lazy cash in Mario Party clone..

Metroid looks like an awful PS1 game on the 3DS. Why not make a good looking game on the Wii U?

No Zelda U trailer? Seriously?

The only good thing was Star Fox Zero.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You'd think Nintendo would fire on all cylinders, considering their self admission that the Wii U bombed. It's sad because the Wii U isn't even a "bad system", just needs better marketing and far better support. I hope this fabled NX isn't just a glorified Set-Top-Box that turns into a media tablet...

Microsoft did a huge solid giving the Xbox One BC, I'm tired as hell of the remakes already! I don't want to be lured in with the promise of "exclusive content". Cuphead and ReCore are what intrigue me aside from Halo.

Sony was solid, but I think the FF7 remake might have been the biggest thing at their show, and it's a remake. The Last Guardian seems interesting in its own right, whenever I do get a PS4 Imma peep it.

The problem is that Nintendo only wanted to show 2015 games this year, and they had fuck all of those. With them doing directs on a somewhat frequent basis, we already learn what they're up to and get announcements close to E3. While it's nice to get new stuff regularly, it takes away a lot of E3's impact.

Really considering getting into streaming, especially when GoW drops in August...