The small viewmodel is really something.that I would like to retain if it were any other gun. Halo 3-onward is pretty shitty with how the entire right side of your screen is taken up. This goes hand-in-hand with narrow field of views in console shooters.

Something like this would be ideal if we were going for a rifle:

XYrPhaq.jpg

What game is this?

I'll say the same thing that I said to the last guy who asked that.

You know what screams futuristic/space immersion to me, especially when I first got the game when I was 7?

The fact that the "most powerful" gun in the game was a pistol. It's iconic, it has a nice "feel" to it, it sound powerful, and it doesn't take up much of your screen.

It made the game different, even if it's just a vanity thing. Plus, I believe that all weapons should be useful in their own ways, and sidearms don't realistically work in that idea considering that most people think that they're throwaway weapons. The CE Pistol took that misconception and threw it in the garbage, and it had the most balanced sandbox for a Halo game to date.

Never thought of it that way, but yeah that's all true. 

What game is this?

It's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved. It's a modded Custom Edition map and it has a neat menu that allows you to reposition all the gun models.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's The Silent Cartographer: Evolved. It's a modded Custom Edition map and it has a neat menu that allows you to reposition all the gun models.

Oh, sick.

''Reposition''?? You mean able to change the field of view? You can easily do that in ANY game with a slider, but it's obvious that devs don't want people to have that.

• Downvote (-1) 1

''Reposition''?? You mean able to change the field of view? You can easily do that in ANY game with a slider, but it's obvious that devs don't want people to have that.

It's not an FOV slider, it allows you to reposition weapons independently of FOV.

QGnKO2P.jpg

18k people watching competitive Evolve? Is the game actually competitive? Never really played it

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure how many people follow/ed Quake, but it looks like Av3k has been arrested for drug dealing, eek

18k people watching competitive Evolve? Is the game actually competitive? Never really played it

Don't know, but they have confirmed they are adding a spectator mode to it in a future update. So at least the developer Is going that way.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just got home from PAX about 30 minutes ago. Didn't get to play anything because those lines...yea those lines...but I walked around a lot and took a lot in.

- Overwatch looked incredible, and to say it will be a fun game is an understatement.

- Smite actually looked really cool - for some reason it looked a lot more fun to play and watch in person that anytime I tried watching a stream of it. The Xbox One version especially looked much better than I expected, and everyone that played the Xbone version seemed to agree that it played great. So I'm actually looking forward to trying it out.

- Nintendo had a game called "Splatoon" at their booth that looked extremely fun. More details about it are here

- Never played Guild Wars, but the new GW2 expansion looked pretty damn cool.

- Rock Band 4 has been confirmed for this year, and was there. Harmonix did something with the game and VR support. Looked pretty crazy but didn't get to see too much of it. 

- Some pretty cool indie games but a lot of them were the same thing with a different theme. 

Also had an...interesting experience in the M'Lady Hurriance that was the center of the venue where a lot of the major booths sort of mashed together. 

Think that was it as far as major titles and what not goes. Posted the Halo stuff in the HCS thread as well. 

<3 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Splatoon sounds incredible. I need to pick up a Wii U for this.

It was one of the games that I would have easily spent time waiting in line to play if I could be at PAX tomorrow and Sunday. Game looked like so much fun. And the game looks much better in person that than video. Had a bit of a Sunset Overdrive feel to it with the graphics and Nintendo had some really high quality monitors at their booth that made the game just look beautiful. 

It was one of the games that I would have easily spent time waiting in line to play if I could be at PAX tomorrow and Sunday. Game looked like so much fun. And the game looks much better in person that than video. Had a bit of a Sunset Overdrive feel to it with the graphics and Nintendo had some really high quality monitors at their booth that made the game just look beautiful. 

That game had a constant line when they brought it to E3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was searching Halo CE last night solo and ran into @@Patch Stay whom I saw posting on these forums.

My team got completely wrecked. It was impressive. Please tell me that you've devoted your life to Halo 1 or am I just that bad?

Played it at E3 before the Smash Invitational. Very unique game. Really enjoyed my little time with it. Also undefeated in Splatoon as of now  :quinn:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really wished someone would make a bigger xbox one controller. This shit is too small for hands

I was searching Halo CE last night solo and ran into @@Patch Stay whom I saw posting on these forums.

My team got completely wrecked. It was impressive. Please tell me that you've devoted your life to Halo 1 or am I just that bad?

he's the guy at #2...patch aka skillz

K5f8MTu.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have played more H1 than I am comfortable admitting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

EDIT: Wrong thread.

Well fuck it, it's relevant here too I guess. MCC is giving me bad habits in H1. I win every match with my pistol.

• Upvote (+1) 1