Random Question, how did the Walshy callout on Sanc get its name? I'm assuming because of a particular match with captn dave. thanks

I'm no help here but I don't really remember how he got that call out. I remember the pit call out walshy better but the only call out I remember that was HUGE was calling out their "bon" (bonfire).

I think it's funny how certain attributes get attached to certain pros. Strongsiding... Gandhi hopping.. it's funny but dumb. I've been calling crouching in Halo CE to avoid headshots Gandhi Crouching just to piss off a lot of people :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@CyReN

@@Saucey

The mobile site is acting wierd for me. Can't edit and quote posts and can't bring up the menu.

Is it my phone or is there some issues with the mobile site?

Must be your phone, I am not having any issues on my end.

I think the Bon call out came was introduced because there was a player by the name of Bonfire who would hang out at that spot. That's where it started from and it has been used ever since.

I really hope we get great new maps in the new halo. I am tired of old map remakes. I don't even want midship in halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 2

Must be your phone, I am not having any issues on my end.

OK thanks.

Gettin' real tired of this shit.

MCC is broken because of a bad deadline by greedy overlords, NOT because the studios that made MCC are incompetant.

I mean, do you even understand consoles? Last gen console infrastructure was some archaic console specific bull shit. You'd be hard pressed to consider them 'modern PCs' due to their very core being different from PCs.

This gen consoles ARE modern PCs, what with their x86 core. Granted, they're still sufficiently different, as they have specific features that PCs don't have, but the groundwork is already laid for a port.

But it's little to do with what they are, rather what it is. Porting a game that exploits the 360 to the core to the Xbone, which is certainly NOT the equivalent of a better 360, is hard. "Put the triangle in the triangle hole," NO. There is no fucking triangle piece. There is no groundwork. Do it all over again.

...Ironically...the buggiest games in MCC seem to be CE and H2 which already had x86 versions, but both ports were kind of shit in the first place, H2V was...horrendous. So it isn't like it was easy, just logically less hard than porting Halo 3 and 4. (Least community favored game is ported best and it was 360 specified to the max. Fate is a cruel mistress.)

But irony aside, that's the facts.

1. 343 has done nothing to convince me that they are competent developers.

2. It was a joke made out of frustration, no need to look into it so much.

1. 343 has done nothing to convince me that they are competent developers.

2. It was a joke made out of frustration, no need to look into it so much.

Thinly veiled and ignorant developer bashing isn't cool, even as a joke. Jokes are meant to be funny.

Thinly veiled and ignorant developer bashing isn't cool, even as a joke. Jokes are meant to be funny.

Neither is being a thinly veiled and ignorant developer apologist.

I'm bashing the corporation and greedy suits of Microsoft more than I am apologizing for Certain Affinity/Saber Interactive/Ruffian Games/United Front Games/Blur Studios/343i.

I'm not implying that if they had a reasonable amount of time they would not have botched it, but this blunder reeks of an absurd deadline and corporate refusal to recongize situation.

In fact, if the game was delayed, I think there'd still be some issues, but none game breaking. There were too many cooks in the kitchen for the game, but it isn't like even that is their own fault. Once again it comes back to incompetent management of an intellectual property by Microsoft.

No matter what happened in this situation though, too much hate or praise is going right to 343i and that's not cool. They didn't do most the work on MCC, or even a lot. They only tried their best to oversee a metric fuckton of other devs while they worked on their own project, Halo 5. People just see the 343i logo on boot up and think, "OH. IT'S ALL THEIR FAULT."

Stop that. That's silly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sorry some of us work in software development and understand what bugs are  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Just got hostbooted in a unranked match.

If I wasn't a halo fan I'd have traded this game in a long time ago.

Yeah, host can boot other players in MM. Its a feature. Wouldn't be a problem if servers worked.

Yeah, host can boot other players in MM. Its a feature. Wouldn't be a problem if servers worked.

It's less to do with the actual servers, and more to do with Matchmaking being treated as an extension to Custom Games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's less to do with the actual servers, and more to do with Matchmaking being treated as an extension to Custom Games.

Gotcha. Do you think they assumed servers would be working making this a non issue? Will there still be a host when servers work? If so then you can forget ranked playlists.

Gotcha. Do you think they assumed servers would be working making this a non issue? Will there still be a host when servers work? If so then you can forget ranked playlists.

That's a good question actually. Kinda explains how the exploit with ranking up in Custom Games worked - sounds like it is just treating matchmaking as a glorified custom game. 

I doubt there will be a 'host' like seen in P2P though

Going to start streaming full time here any day. Going to order a real capture card/buy a webcam in a few days, so i'll just be using my xbone to stream till it arrives.

Follow me please! Twitch.tv/philosopherrr

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's a good question actually. Kinda explains how the exploit with ranking up in Custom Games worked - sounds like it is just treating matchmaking as a glorified custom game. 

I doubt there will be a 'host' like seen in P2P though

Sounds like they just used a work around in the netcode. Basically tricking the game into thinking that the server is another player.