Got a long night ahead of me, 8% installed on the multiplayer. Any estimates how long this will probably take or shall I just write it off for this evening and wait until tomorrow night?

Seems like from what I've heard from EVERYONE is it takes a long time and often stalls close towards the end for en even longer wait.

"The Master Chief Collection, where you wait longer than you'll play."

• Upvote (+1) 2

All the bounces that worked in Vista should work, with Vista setups. It's Vista code after all

Seems like from what I've heard from EVERYONE is it takes a long time and often stalls close towards the end for en even longer wait.

"The Master Chief Collection, where you wait longer than you'll play."

Had a horrible feeling that was to be the case...

Had a horrible feeling that was to be the case...

I'm glad I didn't get the game right away, mostly due to me being hesitent it would be worth it or a good game, but I'm happy to be avoiding all of these issues. I'm sure at the end of the month, everything will be fine, at least I hope. So, I'll probably get the game by then.

I'm clueless? Huh? I mean, did you not read what I said? Here, I'll even post it again, just for you.

"On the other hand, adding things to Halo is tricky. If you're going to add something to Halo, it must not take away from what Halo is."

I mean, you understand what I'm saying, right?

I understand what you're saying. I'm taking what you said in literality. You said adding things to Halo is tricky. Then, you did not provide an example of what you'd add, when I asked just what you would add. Can you give an idea that this community can agree on, a new gameplay mechanic?

Are you telling me sprint and abilities and equipment work in the Halo world? The last time I remember PLAYING with them they didn't work.

Why are these gameplay mechanics held at a different level than any other mechanic? To make for a competitive and meaningful sandbox, every mechanic and feature needs to be as important as the other. If we are to think of sprint as we do gunplay, we can't just say "TAKE IT OUT." No, we refine it until it works. When Halo 2 came around, everyone hated the BR. And rightfully so. It was bad, and the H1 magnum was better. But then it was fixed, and then it worked good. People were happy. Why do we not think this way for mechanics outside the golden triangle, and why must it only be a triangle at all? Furthermore, please don't rehash the 'armor ability' argument. Did you miss the part where 343i said H5 would be equal starts from the get-go? These aren't loadouts, not some stupid CoD Pick Ten system. Everyone has this. A defining factor of the original trilogy was equal starts. Is everyone spawning equally with new abilities not good enough now? And what are you EVEN on about with equipment? H3 had equipment.

We don't need a combiniation of the three, what we need is a game that feels like Halo. For example, if you pick up H1, 2 or 3, they all feel diffierent in their own right but they all still feel like Halo; that's what I'm trying to get it.

They all feel like Halo because of their arena styled gameplay with equal starts that focused on meaningful gunplay and skill. Nothing in H5, sprint and abilities included, undermine any of that. Not even sprint. THIS style of sprint can even make it more meaningful than with no sprint at all. Taking into consideration that sprints inhibits shield recharge, imagine the following scenario. 

Team mate 1: "I'm down, weak sprinter going to blue two!"

Team mate 2: "Eyes on blue two. Got him." 

Coordinating with your team about what enemies are sprinting and where they go, sprint is likely much more a liability and gunplay becomes all the more meaningful. 

They'll never please everyone, no game will every please everyone. However, the least they could do is realize certain things do not work in Halo.

I understand what you're saying. I'm taking what you said in literality. You said adding things to Halo is tricky. Then, you did not provide an example of what you'd add, when I asked just what you would add. Can you give an idea that this community can agree on, a new gameplay mechanic?

I didn't offer anything to add because it's tricky. However, I clarified and said, if you're going to add anything, it needs to leave the feel of Halo in tact.

Plus, I don't want to add anything, I liked Halo the way it was.

Why are these gameplay mechanics held at a different level than any other mechanic?

Why are they held at a different level? Have you played Halo 1, 2 or 3? Without creating a wall of text if you haven't played these games in their hay day then you probably won't understand. It's a mixture of everything at the right time, but it was done correctly the first time.

To make for a competitive and meaningful sandbox, every mechanic and feature needs to be as important as the other. If we are to think of sprint as we do gunplay, we can't just say "TAKE IT OUT." No, we refine it until it works.

Yes, you can take it out. Why are you convinced sprint should stay? Look at the pistol, no one knew that gun would become what it was for Halo 1, but they took out the pistol in Halo 2 and replaced it with the BR but the game still worked. Sprint is not the same, sprint does not work in Halo and it's quite clear with Halo Reach and 4. What more evidence do you need than two different devoloping teams failing to impliement sprint in Halo? If you ask around, Reach is often regarded as the best online Halo experience WITHOUT sprint and AA's.

We're wasting time, money and hope trying to refine the sprint system into Halo. This is a perfect example of, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Halo without sprint = not broken

Halo with sprint = broken

When Halo 2 came around, everyone hated the BR. And rightfully so. It was bad, and the H1 magnum was better. But then it was fixed, and then it worked good. People were happy. Why do we not think this way for mechanics outside the golden triangle, and why must it only be a triangle at all?

Why? Because it worked man, what more do you need? The game was great without sprint, in fact, it revolutionized an entire generation of gaming. This isn't like fixing the netcode on a gun to work well, we're talking about something that hasn't work in two different games from two different devolopers.

Furthermore, please don't rehash the 'armor ability' argument. Did you miss the part where 343i said H5 would be equal starts from the get-go? These aren't loadouts, not some stupid CoD Pick Ten system. Everyone has this. A defining factor of the original trilogy was equal starts. Is everyone spawning equally with new abilities not good enough now? And what are you EVEN on about with equipment? H3 had equipment.

Are we not talking about things being added into Halo, like sprint, AA's and equipment?

Did you miss the part where sprint, abilities and equipment didn't work out so well in Halo? Having equal starts does not make up for adding abilites and spring into Halo. Halo 3 had equal starts with equipment to fight over on the map and the equipment didn't work well. Maybe at the casual level it worked becuase it was something new other than the basics of Halo 2, but they served no real purpose and degrading the game play when using them.

They all feel like Halo because of their arena styled gameplay with equal starts that focused on meaningful gunplay and skill. Nothing in H5, sprint and abilities included, undermine any of that. Not even sprint. THIS style of sprint can even make it more meaningful than with no sprint at all. Taking into consideration that sprints inhibits shield recharge, imagine the following scenario. 

Team mate 1: "I'm down, weak sprinter going to blue two!"

Team mate 2: "Eyes on blue two. Got him." 

Coordinating with your team about what enemies are sprinting and where they go, sprint is likely much more a liability and gunplay becomes all the more meaningful.

Seeing as you haven't played the game, there is no way to know whether it will work or not. Having equal starts doesn't counter everyone having sprint and abilities either. When the game comes out and everyone can play it and we can see it being played at all levels of skill, that is the only way to truely know if this will work or not. If this works, I'll be the first one to jump ship and join people playing H5, but like I said earlier, sprint clearly hasn't worked and I believe it won't work with H5 either.

Gold rep bar crew checking in.

Yo, we should like touch each others gold bars you know, just for a sec. 

Not gay or anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yo, we should like touch each others gold bars you know, just for a sec. 

Not gay or anything.

nervously-drinking-water.gif

CCCombo-breaker.

Ohi guys, how are ya.

Look at this half green bar peasant. 

tumblr_inline_mgloswU6Pz1ro2d43.gif

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour in, no end in sight...

t66nxqL.jpg?2

Just wait until it's installed - then you can know what WAITING really is.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I guess the Xbox One doesn't haveb enough dedotaded wam and as a result install times are long.

• Upvote (+1) 1