Dailymotion is where it's at

I like that Dailymotion offers regular sized videos and not those obnoxiously large YouTube ones. I'll try to put out some content on Dailymotion, but I'll probably be even more obscure there than I am with YouTube.

Wait, so it's muting videos with lol music in it? Jesus

Yup

Yup

Can you imagine LCS getting mutted right in the middle of an epic fight ?  Internet is going to riot(pun not intended).

Can you imagine LCS getting mutted right in the middle of an epic fight ?  Internet is going to riot(pun not intended).

Live broadcasting is fine I believe. 

What are you talking about?  Everyone switched to Vimeo after the G+ thing happened.

Vimeo now has the same copyright claim software running. 

I don't know why this is a big shock to everyone. It sucks for sure but it doesn't matter where you go on the internet, eventually you won't be able to put up copyrighted content anywhere.

Vimeo now has the same copyright claim software running. 

I don't know why this is a big shock to everyone. It sucks for sure but it doesn't matter where you go on the internet, eventually you won't be able to put up copyrighted content anywhere.

Meh, this is why you find indie artists and deal with the directly.

Twitch is now censoring mentions of hitbox.tv in stream titles. So you can't even tell your fanbase that you decided to switch service.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I remember doing that with 3 others, what a fucking bullet sponge. Still took us like 15 minutes lol.

took us so long because a few times we all died in true vault hunter mode he would get his heth all the way up. His gay black hole move was also super gay but I found out you can put a turret out in the front and it blocked the whole thing so I lived lol. He was pretty fun but the Ultimate vault hunter mode looks super lame so besides DLC I think we finished the game

Twitch is now censoring mentions of hitbox.tv in stream titles. So you can't even tell your fanbase that you decided to switch service.

Well that's a great way to show confidence

• Upvote (+1) 5

So here's my thoughts regarding the Twitch stuff.

From a pure streaming standpoint, Hitbox is a superior service, flat out. It has no delay on chat, so you actually feel like you're having a conversation with the chat. The web player is HTML5 and not Flash, so it won't hang your CPU. The chat system works well via web and IRC. Streams load faster, in higher effective quality (because no Flash). The admins, from what I've seen, are super responsive to streamer input. The servers put up admirably even with massive, unexpected load (i.e. yesterday). You can even post embedded pictures in chat if you're a mod!

Here's a list of speedrunners who have switched to hitbox already: http://www.hitbox.tv/team/speedrunning

However, you should stay on Twitch if:

1. You have an established viewerbase that you depend upon for income.
  2. You plan on streaming mostly e-sports content. (Twitch has the big money partnerships, so again, money - may change in future)
  3. These new restrictions (and future restrictions in the pipeline) won't affect you. So you don't make highlights over 2 hours, you don't play music, your game audio doesn't automatically get muted, etc. (In fact, these restrictions hit most streamers. http://mutedvods.com)

Personally, I don't have faith anymore that Twitch has a clue. This was implemented in a hamfisted way, just like every change Twitch makes. It's not their style to give prior warning, it's not their style to operate in a fair and unbiased manner, and it's not their style to go back on decisions they've made. I still remember when a bunch of my friends got banned for suggesting that a particular staff member was acting out of line. There are good people there - Pipe, Fire, Programmax, Romscout all come to mind - but it doesn't seem like they're running the show. And feedback from Romscout and Cosmo makes it sound like they won't budge on this.

I don't wanna share all the details out of respect for him, but it has pretty much been confirmed that Innocents did indeed pass. Relatives and neighbors have been posting stuff on his Facebook, so despite lacking direct proof... gotta take it for what it is.

RIP Innocents :( I didn't know the guy or his content but it's always sad when depression takes someone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So here's my thoughts regarding the Twitch stuff.

From a pure streaming standpoint, Hitbox is a superior service, flat out. It has no delay on chat, so you actually feel like you're having a conversation with the chat. The web player is HTML5 and not Flash, so it won't hang your CPU. The chat system works well via web and IRC. Streams load faster, in higher effective quality (because no Flash). The admins, from what I've seen, are super responsive to streamer input. The servers put up admirably even with massive, unexpected load (i.e. yesterday). You can even post embedded pictures in chat if you're a mod!

Here's a list of speedrunners who have switched to hitbox already: http://www.hitbox.tv/team/speedrunning

However, you should stay on Twitch if:

1. You have an established viewerbase that you depend upon for income.
  2. You plan on streaming mostly e-sports content. (Twitch has the big money partnerships, so again, money - may change in future)
  3. These new restrictions (and future restrictions in the pipeline) won't affect you. So you don't make highlights over 2 hours, you don't play music, your game audio doesn't automatically get muted, etc. (In fact, these restrictions hit most streamers. http://mutedvods.com)

Personally, I don't have faith anymore that Twitch has a clue. This was implemented in a hamfisted way, just like every change Twitch makes. It's not their style to give prior warning, it's not their style to operate in a fair and unbiased manner, and it's not their style to go back on decisions they've made. I still remember when a bunch of my friends got banned for suggesting that a particular staff member was acting out of line. There are good people there - Pipe, Fire, Programmax, Romscout all come to mind - but it doesn't seem like they're running the show. And feedback from Romscout and Cosmo makes it sound like they won't budge on this.

RIP Innocents :( I didn't know the guy or his content but it's always sad when depression takes someone.

Hitbox is basically Own3d starting again. They are shady as fuck and owed alot of money in European esports

• Downvote (-1) 2

took us so long because a few times we all died in true vault hunter mode he would get his heth all the way up. His gay black hole move was also super gay but I found out you can put a turret out in the front and it blocked the whole thing so I lived lol. He was pretty fun but the Ultimate vault hunter mode looks super lame so besides DLC I think we finished the game

Yeah I did the first playthrough then True vault hunter mode but didn't bother with ultimate either. Everything is ridiculously OP and I didn't feel like co-opping the whole game again. :/ Still, really fun game. DLC is fun too.

Love videos like this

Hopefully we will see some Halo videos like this when/if competitive Halo gets back to the top

• Upvote (+1) 1