Pretty sure most of the forum members here bought it.

Now please tell us how you went hardcore and RedBox the game and predicted it would be terrible so I can cringe.

I wasn't trying to insult or anything, I was just saying that buying halo 4 was much more embarassing than the apps related to it.
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I wasn't trying to insult or anything, I was just saying that buying halo 4 was much more embarassing than the apps related to it.

Bluejay never quite gets the point does he?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are you that ashamed to like video games publicly ?

Inb4NoCuzHalo4

In some regards, yeah. It's not something I broadcast. Having an app would just start an unneeded convo. 

It really is quite sad when you think about how easily Halo could still be revived if 343 made smart updates.

And yet they continue to neglect the opportunity.

• Downvote (-1) 1

In some regards, yeah. It's not something I broadcast. Having an app would just start an unneeded convo.

Don't be fake dude. If you like video games, you like video games and be proud. It's ridiculous that it's socially acceptable to be caught watching TV, but if you play video games all of a sudden it's a no no. Which again is ridiculous when either way you're looking at a screen, but at least with video games you're challenging your brain.

Video games are becoming more and more socially acceptable and eventually video games will be looked as a more productive way to spend your time than watching TV.

I don't see why people are ashamed of their gaming backgrounds, I embrace the fuck outta mine. It's part of me and who I've been for so long I let people know up front it's something I love. Nut up and own up to your sticks hombres.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't see why people are ashamed of their gaming backgrounds, I embrace the fuck outta mine. It's part of me and who I've been for so long I let people know up front it's something I love. Nut up and own up to your sticks hombres.

And the thing is, no one seems to classify games with "nerds" anymore. When I'm with my friends along with the gf's and such and when games come up, the girls just react in a "guys being guys" thing now, whether it be Starcraft or CoD. The status of people who play video games is nothing like it was 10 years ago. There's no longer shame in it because nearly every guy has owned a console at one point in his life. The guys now n their 20's grew up in the "Nintentdo/PS/Xbox is the hottest gift for Christmas" years. People should embrace their gaming history, everyone has one.

And the thing is, no one seems to classify games with "nerds" anymore. When I'm with my friends along with the gf's and such and when games come up, the girls just react in a "guys being guys" thing now, whether it be Starcraft or CoD. The status of people who play video games is nothing like it was 10 years ago. There's no longer shame in it because nearly every guy has owned a console at one point in his life. The guys now n their 20's grew up in the "Nintentdo/PS/Xbox is the hottest gift for Christmas" years. People should embrace their gaming history, everyone has one.

Fuck what girls and hispter ass gamers have to say about gaming now a days. Unless you're a real gamer, I don't wanna hear it from anyone. The recent trends within my own generation and generations below me is everyone is trying to stand waaaay the fuck out for simply to stand out and it's so stupid.

• Downvote (-1) 1

It's -47c right now and tomorrow it's suppose to be -42c.

Can we take a second to talk about how ridiculously good Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is?  Have you guys played this yet?  It's like...perfect.

Can we take a second to talk about how ridiculously good Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is? Have you guys played this yet? It's like...perfect.

Only watched it on stream but it does look really fun. Really a shame I don't have a x1 yet.

Am I right about there not beeing sprint (just a kinda "thrust" I saw a zombie once do)? Also every class having 3 abilities/power ups or are they exchangeable once you reach higher levels?

It really is quite sad when you think about how easily Halo could still be revived if 343 made smart updates.

go on, I'm listening.

It really couldn't.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can we take a second to talk about how ridiculously good Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is?  Have you guys played this yet?  It's like...perfect.

It's damn near impossible to get anyone on board shadowrun or monday night combat, which are two amazingly competitive games with huge individual and team skill gaps..

but plants vs zombies is picking up a lot of popularity.. :( The game looks great though, i'll be checking it out shortly

It's damn near impossible to get anyone on board shadowrun or monday night combat, which are two amazingly competitive games with huge individual and team skill gaps..

but plants vs zombies is picking up a lot of popularity.. :( The game looks great though, i'll be checking it out shortly

Counter Strike: GO  ;)

Counter Strike: GO ;)

Do you play on console? Most people I know hate playing it on console so it's hard for me to find ppl to play with.

However, shadowrun's skill ceiling is definitely higher. MNC allows players more freedom and versatility in situations, (empowering the individual) but is over CS's skill gap. Probably close though. Gt: Teapot Yo - add me if u wanna play cs:go

Do you play on console? Most people I know hate playing it on console so it's hard for me to find ppl to play with.

However, shadowrun's skill ceiling is definitely higher. MNC allows players more freedom and versatility in situations, (empowering the individual) but is over CS's skill gap. Probably close though. Gt: Teapot Yo - add me if u wanna play cs:go

Don't play CS:GO on consoles.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Only watched it on stream but it does look really fun. Really a shame I don't have a x1 yet.

Am I right about there not beeing sprint (just a kinda "thrust" I saw a zombie once do)? Also every class having 3 abilities/power ups or are they exchangeable once you reach higher levels?

There is no sprint :)

The Peashooter plant can activate Hyper, which lets him move faster and jump higher, and I think do more damage for about 10 seconds.

The Chomper plant can burrow for about 5 seconds or less, and moves slightly faster while underground, but it takes a second to burrow and to come up.

The Engineer zombie can ride his Jackhammer for a long time, like 15 seconds maybe, during which he moves faster and can shoot, but can't use his other two abilities.

The All Star zombie has that forward thrust ability you were talking about, the sprint tackle, but it has a several second cool down and is best used as an offensive option to finish weak players.

The Scientist zombie has a warp ability that will teleport him about 20 feet in the direction he's facing.  There's about a 1 second delay between activating and warping.  You have a preset number of these (I think 2) before they go on cooldown for quite a while.

Those are all the speed-affecting abilities.  Hyper and Jackhammer are the closest thing to sprint, but all the classes and abilities are so well balanced.

Every class only gets 3 abilities, so you always know what they are capable of at a glance :D   There are other characters (variants of existing classes) you can unlock that have something different they can do, but I haven't unlocked them yet.  You can get a flame version of a Chomper, for instance, that gives you a fire breath attack, presumably instead of your bite attack and not in addition to it.  However, if you play the classic mode, which is what I recommend, then everyone will have equal characters and gear.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it me, or are we going to fill our hard drives really fast with these next gen games? Holy crap..

I'm already at 40%. If there's no external hard drive support by the end of the year, there's going to be next-gen riots.

Is it me, or are we going to fill our hard drives really fast with these next gen games? Holy crap..

Pretty much ,so they will most likely release different versions of the consoles with bigger HDD such as slim versions etc.

By the end of the day it's all about making money.

It's the old, "Here's the perfect product, now how do we slice it up and make more profit" thing.