Which name is better for a dual wield Forerunner/Promethean melee weapon:

Why would you need to dual wield a melee weapon... unless you think it should take more than one hit to kill? In which case it's worse than the sword or the hammer - and exactly as effective as a regular melee.

Wow, sounds awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why would you need to dual wield a melee weapon... unless you think it should take more than one hit to kill? In which case it's worse than the sword or the hammer - and exactly as effective as a regular melee.

Wow, sounds awesome.

Chaining together 1 hit kill lunge attacks with alternating daggers, by simultaneously targeting and firing on enemies within range, is not something a single wield melee weapon like the Energy Sword is capable of because it has a cooldown period after a lunge.

You trade the ability to throw grenades for the ability to have no cooldown period after a lunge.

Chaining together 1 hit kill lunge attacks with alternating daggers, by simultaneously targeting and firing on enemies within range, is not something a single wield melee weapon like the Energy Sword is capable of because it has a cooldown period after a lunge.

You trade the ability to throw grenades for the ability to have no cooldown period after a lunge.

Oh, they would be a one-hit kill but do multiple kills in a row. Yeah the sword can do that, just have to use the melee button instead of trigger.  But there's no lunge on it for that - so it's not cheesy as fuck. Traditionally the word "skillful" is used.

But your way would be cool too, just enter a small space and fucking rotating in circles spamming the triggers and getting kills.

If you want to play Dynasty Warriors there's already a game for that... it's called DYNASTY WARRIORS.

Oh, they would be a one-hit kill but do multiple kills in a row. Yeah the sword can do that, just have to use the melee button instead of trigger. But there's no lunge on it for that - so it's not cheesy as fuck. Traditionally the word "skillful" is used.

But your way would be cool too, just enter a small space and fucking rotating in circles spamming the triggers and getting kills.

If you want to play Dynasty Warriors there's already a game for that... it's called DYNASTY WARRIORS.

Surely you have some clips of yourself performing some sick sword multi kills then right?

Surely you have some clips of yourself performing some sick sword multi kills then right?

7kZ562z.jpg

what does that have to do with anything?

7kZ562z.jpg

what does that have to do with anything?

Oh, they would be a one-hit kill but do multiple kills in a row. Yeah the sword can do that, just have to use the melee button instead of trigger. But there's no lunge on it for that - so it's not cheesy as fuck. Traditionally the word "skillful" is used.

You claim the sword can get multiple one hit kills without a cooldown period. I am asking for evidence of this act occurring. Surely if this act was so "skillful" you would have saved the clip right?

Still unclear?

You claim the sword can get multiple one hit kills without a cooldown period. I am asking for evidence of this act occurring. Surely if this act was so "skillful" you would have saved the clip right?

Still unclear?

I wouldn't save a clip because it's not uncommon. Just use "B" or "RB" or whatever you have melee on. No cooldown needed, still 1HK, just no lunge.

Can't say I'm a fan of dual wielding in general. It goes back to making an excessive amount of weapon tiers; much better to keep it simple, obvious, and functional.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't say I'm a fan of dual wielding in general. It goes back to making an excessive amount of weapon tiers; much better to keep it simple, obvious, and functional.

Melee weapons themselves are halfway to dual wielding already. Golden triangle is gun, grenade, melee. Melee weapons remove gun. Why not remove grenade throwing too and just have a more badass melee weapon?

Dual-wielding was a brilliant idea, but halo has had a really tough time of tiering things properly so theres some truth to that.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

People who are smart, I've got a question for you.

Why do games release on different days throughout the world?

For example, the new PvZ game came out in America yesterday, but isn't releasing until Friday (28th) in the UK. Same goes for Titanfall - releases on March 11th in America, 13th in Europe and 14th in the UK.

Why not global release dates?

@@Moa - since all of the H2A topics got conglomerated into one thread to avoid repetition...

could we please have just one thread for @@RandyROFLSTOMP 's hypothetical questions. Perhaps call it "The Awful Halo Debate Thread"

• Upvote (+1) 5

@@Moa - since all of the H2A topics got conglomerated into one thread to avoid repetition...

could we please have just one thread for @@RandyROFLSTOMP 's hypothetical questions. Perhaps call it "The Awful Halo Debate Thread"

We'll talk about it.

Plants vs Zombies : Garden Warfare  is the shooter we deserve.

You played it? Honest opinions, thinking about buying on Friday!

• Upvote (+1) 1

For example, the new PvZ game came out in America yesterday, but isn't releasing until Friday (28th) in the UK. Same goes for Titanfall - releases on March 11th in America, 13th in Europe and 14th in the UK.

There's no one answer. It can be that the country has a certain day of the week where movies/games/albums are usually released. Most EU countries use Friday for this, while the US is Tuesday. There can be an event/holiday happening in a country and the producers want to work around it. The producer/developer may find out about a restriction in a country and they have to change something in the game and delay the release (this happens a lot). It can be the shipping schedule. Large companies (Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo) have at least one person who is culturally literate and advises how to do things in certain countries for the largest profit on release, so it may even be reasons we've never heard of since we don't live there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We'll talk about it.

You played it? Honest opinions, thinking about buying on Friday!

Playing it  at the moment, I can totally say  that it is awesome, very fun and if you hop into the classic playlist( nothing allowed at all other than basic arena fighting), it will be the shooter we all deserve.

Playing it  at the moment, I can totally say  that it is awesome, very fun and if you hop into the classic playlist( nothing allowed at all other than basic arena fighting), it will be the shooter we all deserve.

Mind linking me to a solid GP, please?

In the UK at least it's main implementation is too tighten up  the supply chain and make things logical and economically streamlined. Before the the Friday release day everything had different days, bringing about more costs, manpower and all that entails. There was also the problem of one shop getting a game in a day or so before. A basic pact was created between companies representing various industries that Friday would be the day for video games. 

Music releases are on a Monday due to the charts being announced on a Sunday. 

Edit: Apparently the US system is done for sort of the same reasons. They release on Tuesday to guarantee that products are on shelves on Friday. It's mainly due to the fact that in years past, distribution in the U.S was slow. To a certain degree it still is.   

Maven is streaming it if that helps

Cheers. Is there spec mode and ranks in this game?  :kappa:

Looks pretty fun, though.

Cheers. Is there spec mode and ranks in this game?  :kappa:

Looks pretty fun, though.

Don't worry, EA said they will patch it in later. Along with custom matches.  :kappa:  

Also, it feels nice having to lead your shots again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want to get PvZ:GW, but I promised myself that for this generation, I would wait at least a month for games I'm on the fence about. Too many games I bought last gen that after a month, either die out population wise or have a 180 on reviews.

I want to get PvZ:GW, but I promised myself that for this generation, I would wait at least a month for games I'm on the fence about. Too many games I bought last gen that after a month, either die out population wise or have a 180 on reviews.

IMO, you should asap, it's  really fun.