Why are people making such a terrible correlation with Titanfall and CoD? How is a game with wall running, double jumps, giant Titan's, etc anything like CoD? I don't understand this at all.

Albeit, the aiming and sprint mechanic along with your tactical perk may be like CoD, even the mini map on CoD, but there's so much more to the game that it's nothing like CoD...

"So much more". AI and an ordnance system(which is worse than kill streaks).

Titanfall is like COD, LoL is like DOTA, Male is like Female. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really don't care if Titanfall is like COD or not. I don't even care if it has a massive skill gap or not that much.

What I do care about is whether or not there are bullshit unbalanced mechanics like the ordnances, load outs and random weapon drops in H4 that make matchmaking an unbalanced, random circus.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really don't care if Titanfall is like COD or not. I don't even care if it has a massive skill gap or not that much.

What I do care about is whether or not there are bullshit unbalanced mechanics like the ordnances, load outs and random weapon drops in H4 that make matchmaking an unbalanced, random circus.

Well they do have an ordnance system to get your mech.

Titanfall shooting wise looks a lot CoD and it probabl feels CoD too when it comes to running around. Just has added speed and wall running. Like adding speed to the settings in customs in Halo.

It's not that ridiculous to say they are similar. Don't know why people are trying to act like it's the most ridiculous thing.

It's still called Halo and there's jet pack an loadouts.

Titanfall shooting wise looks a lot CoD and it probabl feels CoD too when it comes to running around. Just has added speed and wall running. Like adding speed to the settings in customs in Halo.

It's not that ridiculous to say they are similar. Don't know why people are trying to act like it's the most ridiculous thing.

It's still called Halo and there's jet pack an loadouts.

You could use that exact same reasoning to say that Halo 4 feels like Halo. 

Well they do have an ordnance system to get your mech.

Are you referring to a COD style?

Then no, your mech is on a timer, kills on players and mobs lower the CD but not by much and the timer doesn't restart until your mech dies. 

As for the gunplay, it's tight and precise like cod but the actual engagements are completely different.

You could use that exact same reasoning to say that Halo 4 feels like Halo.

I did..

Are you referring to a COD style?

Then no, your mech is on a timer, kills on players and mobs lower the CD but not by much and the timer doesn't restart until your mech dies.

As for the gunplay, it's tight and precise like cod but the actual engagements are completely different.

I was told it's pretty much the same ordnance system as in H4. There's no strategy to getting your mech, eventually you'll get it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I did..

Huh, I didn't see that.

But I'm not sure how your original point stands. We all know that compared to classic Halo, Halo 4 has similar shooting mechanics (minus descope, but titanfall doesn't have flinch compared to COD) and base movement, but the inclusion of other stuff completely changes the game. 

I did..

I was told it's pretty much the same ordnance system as in H4. There's no strategy to getting your mech, eventually you'll get it.

No, it's different.

You have to actively try and earn points in Halo.

No, it's different.

You have to actively try and earn points in Halo.

And in this one you just get over time for doing nothing or?

Seems like the people who actually played the game thinks it's amazing.

Probably taking a shot at me for saying that. So no, I've seen opinions that were negative about the game from people who've played it.

Edit: It also seems a lot of people who like CoD also like Titanfall.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Seems like the people who actually played the game thinks it's amazing.

And people who fuck men think that's pretty great too - but it's just not something I'm in to.

• Upvote (+1) 4

lolno

Really? People who like CoD don't like Titanfall? Cause I've know there's people who defend the competitiveness of CoD and is stoked for Titanfall. Or people who like to pub stomp in CoD like Titanfall.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Really? People who like CoD don't like Titanfall? Cause I've know there's people who defend the competitiveness of CoD and is stoked for Titanfall. Or people who like to pub stomp in CoD like Titanfall.

Well sure there are but I was referring to liking Titanfall but disliking CoD. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well sure there are but I was referring to liking Titanfall but disliking CoD.

My bad. I see now.

This isn't making a point, but I had friends who were stoked about the game, but once I told them there was AI in the game they immediately changed their mind. Said they don't really want to play it anymore.

Huh, I didn't see that.

But I'm not sure how your original point stands. We all know that compared to classic Halo, Halo 4 has similar shooting mechanics (minus descope, but titanfall doesn't have flinch compared to COD) and base movement, but the inclusion of other stuff completely changes the game.

I unno. Loadouts and AAs changed Halo, but it's still like CoD. If they named this game CoD: future or something I think they would see how this game is cod, but expanded.

I unno. Loadouts and AAs changed Halo, but it's still like CoD. If they named this game CoD: future or something I think they would see how this game is cod, but expanded.

Eh, I've got some casual friends who feel that Halo 4 is a perfect continuation of the Halo series (jokes on them, none play any more). If you only look at the most shallow aspects of the game, you'll make shallow comparisons. And quite honestly, every modern shooter at this point can be mapped back to Cod. 

Can we stop saying Titanfall has a jetpack? A jetpack would allow you to fly, all you get is a double jump with Titanfall's vertical Thruster pack.

Last time I checked, CoD didn't have cloaking, stim shots, and MOBA style game play in a FPS... but I don't even own Ghosts right now so I could be wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

someone make an official thread to discuss the mount Rushmore for greatest Halo players of all time.

• Downvote (-1) 1