Honestly, I can see titanfall as a comp game. Just not one on consoles. Hardpoint has some strategy to it and definitely cannot be one without teamwork. 

Just thought I'd leave this here for anyone still thinking titanfall looks like COD  :)

Badass video. Thanks for linking.

All of the games you listed basically started off with default settings for competitive settings. In the sequels, they would try to make the game more like the vanilla settings in the first title for esports. Titanfall is a new IP. They can have a ranked playlist built in with vanilla settings.

They may have started off with default settings, but quickly changed a lot of things. Halo had movement speed increases, different spawns on maps, and certain weapons on maps, things regular non-competitive Halo players had no idea about.

Same issues with GoW and CoD.

but other than that, every major console shooter doesn't play vanilla settings.

That says alot about the quality of console shooters

Been having a good amount of fun with Titanfall. Is it competitive? Depends on how badly the community wants it. Also going to need Respawn to add and fix a few things. Smart pistol is ridiculous and never should have been added to the game to begin with. Spawns need work. AI is rough at times. Obviously need to add all the Esports standard stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That says alot about the quality of console shooters

I don't complain, I enjoy my console gaming experience. I also got a good pair of thumbs unlike half the chodes on PC.

Just thought I'd leave this here for anyone still thinking titanfall looks like COD  :)

Most of that video is jumping, which did look pretty sick.

Now imagine having that jumping AND shooting at the same time?

Ah well.........*aims down sight*

• Upvote (+1) 5

I also got a good pair of thumbs unlike half the chodes on PC.

1 v 1

• Upvote (+1) 1

We'll play Gears of War, Halo 3, and CoD4. Let me know when you end up with the two games that aren't Halo.

Most of that video is jumping, which did look pretty sick.

Ah well.........*aims down sight*

Why does he have to shoot when no one is gonna be able to hit him anyways? He'll be behind you in a matter of seconds... this was the type of movement I've been preaching about. I know what I'm spending my beta doing.

Why does he have to shoot when no one is gonna be able to hit him anyways? He'll be behind you in a matter of seconds... this was the type of movement I've been preaching about. I know what I'm spending my beta doing.

It's just fancy sprinting if you can't defend yourself while bouncing all around the map.

It's just fancy sprinting if you can't defend yourself while bouncing all around the map.

Doing just fine wallrunning and dueling on the PC. Must be a limitation of the controller. 

Doing just fine wallrunning and dueling on the PC. Must be a limitation of the controller.

So it should have Kinect 2.0 support on the Xbox :bman:

Um, if you didn't watch the video he was actually shitting on pilots he ran into. Movement is a lot harder to master in this game than gun skill.

Watch the video Ginger posted. Kid is doing shit on Xbox One PC players still can't do cuz they don't understand the mechanics as well as this guy.

Sad thing is, this Prodigy guy is ass at every FPS I've played him in.

Um, if you didn't watch the video he was actually shitting on pilots he ran into. Movement is a lot harder to master in this game than gun skill.

Watch the video Ginger posted. Kid is doing shit on Xbox One PC players still can't do cuz they don't understand the mechanics as well as this guy.

Sad thing is, this Prodigy guy is ass at every FPS I've played him in.

Only thing new I saw in the video was the quick hold/jetpack move in a allyway. Everything else is pretty common sense.

I should put my cap card setup back tougher. 

Smart Pistol?  :kappa:

But seriously, if Respawn wants to make ADSing the primary form of aiming, why not keep hipfiring accurate but remove aim assist on it for Xbone and add recoil on it for PC? 

Oh, well... *stacks up amped smart pistol burn cards*

Some guy has been messing around  with the Titanfall code and it appears the game might ship with 13 maps, Training ground might be the tutorial level.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101030024&postcount=837

• Angel city

• Colony

• Fracture

• Relic

• Airbase

• Boneyard

• Corporate

• Outpost

• Lagoon

• Rise

• Smugglers cove

• Training ground

• Overlook

• Nexus

Some guy has been messing around  with the Titanfall code and it appears the game might ship with 13 maps, Training ground might be the tutorial level.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101030024&postcount=837

• Angel city

• Colony

• Fracture

• Relic

• Airbase

• Boneyard

• Corporate

• Outpost

• Lagoon

• Rise

• Smugglers cove

• Training ground

• Overlook

• Nexus

That's standard nowadays.

But it's an MP only game, I was expecting a few more. 

They'll probably add more in later DLC's for that easy $$$.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For now, I can totally say Titanfall is easy the game I will be playing for quite some time, it's really fun.