Spartan Ops was terrible from a gameplay perspective, I've never played such a lazy and heartless game feature with absolutely no redeeming value, The story and cutscnes were good though, but a lot of that wasn't in studio if I remember correctly.

Also I only made it to the 6th week, couldn't finish it (this is the first Halo feature/game I didn't finish). It's just bad. I love the Halo campaigns and firefight too, so don't tihnk this is just someone with only MP background.

• Upvote (+1) 3

looking on my HR stats. I played 531 games of firefight. damnnn

So I just came back from a camping trip at Palo Duro Canyon (2nd largest Canyon in the US IIRC) and it was sick

I'll post a pic but man it's crazy how big it was.  Best scenery I've personally seen in my life so far

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spartan Ops was terrible from a gameplay perspective, I've never played such a lazy and heartless game feature with absolutely no redeeming value, The story and cutscnes were good though, but a lot of that wasn't in studio if I remember correctly.

Also I only made it to the 6th week, couldn't finish it (this is the first Halo feature/game I didn't finish). It's just bad. I love the Halo campaigns and firefight too, so don't tihnk this is just someone with only MP background.

It got less repetitive at the end, but yeah I totally understand why you stopped. I think it was a good idea and could still work with some major changes

Woah woah. 343 confirmed Spartan Ops when Halo 5 was announced in an article/interview, adding that it was going through an overhaul. I definitely remember reading that. I'll try to find it, but Spartan Ops is 100% going to be in Halo 5.

Edit: well after searching for 10 minutes, I can't find it, but fuck, I know what I read. Spartan Ops is in Halo 5.

My roommate is the biggest square ever. He's just a sublet but this kid doesn't do anything. He doesn't go out, he doesn't have any friends, he doesn't drink or smoke, he runs long distance, says weird/awkward things. But the worst is he just sits on the couch all day. So inevitably my other roommates end up watching TV with him and having conversations. And then before you know it he's saying inside jokes that me and my roommates say to each other. And I can just tell he thinks he's better than us because he doesn't drink or smoke. None of my other roommates notice this but it really bugs me. Like last night we get home at 2:30 AM and he's sitting there watching TV quietly smirking at drunk and high people. #grindsmygears

Now hes walking around the apartment whistling doing who knows what at 1:30 in the morning. Probably waiting for my roommates to get home so he can hang with his "friends."

I hate that kid

looking on my HR stats. I played 531 games of firefight. damnnn

That's almost 3x as many games as i've played Halo 4 in total!

I think this topic deserves its own thread, but I'm not sure where to put it. I posted it under "The official xbox one dicussion thread" but I don' think anyone goes there lol. Anyway...

Rumors have begun to circulate that the Xbox One will not be able to natively run CoD Ghosts or Battlefield at 1080p. It will likely be 720p and 60 FPS but upscaled. The PS4 on the other hand is rumored to be able to natively run Ghosts at 1080p and BF4 at 900p. Microsoft has prohibited journalists from releasing any details of the XbOne version of Ghosts until November 12th, where as it is Nov 5th for every other console. There are no official sources as of yet because anyone who has seen it first hand had to sign a non-disclosure agreement. I've been seeing these rumors for the past few days, but I've been seeing more gaming news outlets at least mention the rumor yesterday and today. IGN was the latest: http://www.ign.com/a...20p-on-xbox-one

Do you think the Xbox One is in trouble again?

The Xbox One has 8gb of RAM. An 8-core processor. Exponential computing power increase through cloud computing, meaning your system will become more powerful as more systems come online. The 360 has 512mb of RAM. WTF is going on here?

I'm hearing that the Xbox One is harder to dev for. Like the PS3 was in this generation. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Xbox One has 8gb of RAM. An 8-core processor. Exponential computing power increase through cloud computing, meaning your system will become more powerful as more systems come online. The 360 has 512mb of RAM. WTF is going on here?

Cloud computing will take a while to actually matter. It's the immediate difference in RAM. The Xbox One uses a DDR3 which is weaker than PS4's GDDR5. Microsoft added a good amount of extra esRAM to try and close the gap between the two, but it also makes it harder to develop games for.

The 360 came out in 2005.

The 360 came out in 2005.

lol I was responding to the post above mine. It talked about the XB1 not running COD and BF4 at 1080p. With all that power I was surprised. Considering the 360 managed somehow to run BF3 at 1080p.

It states that it's rumors beginning to swirl though so we'll see.

lol I was responding to the post above mine. It talked about the XB1 not running COD and BF4 at 1080p. With all that power I was surprised. Considering the 360 managed somehow to run BF3 at 1080p.

The 360 certainly did not run BF3 at 1080.

The rumor is that it can't handle 1080p natively (though it will probably be upscaled) and run at 60 FPS at the same time for CoD Ghosts at this time. Its pretty sketchy that MS is basically placed an embargo on journalists and have repeatedly just come out with quotes like "it looks awesome" when they were specifically asked about the resolution of certain games. I guess shit will hit the fan on November 12th when the journalists are allowed to talk freely.

God Murder Miners spawning is probably the most horrendous thing I have seen.

No reason to even strafe either, it's just hoppity hop hop

This forum section is so uninspired and repetitive.

Threads should be moderator approved for a while, as the next thread to be made will surely be something like a hardly disguised #haloisdad post or some stupid junk pool. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1