We won't get any worthwhile Halo 5 info until E3 '14. Microsoft has no need to hype Halo 5 until then. They have a new console, the launch games, and Titanfall (March 11) to market instead.

We won't get any worthwhile Halo 5 info until E3 '14. Microsoft has no need to hype Halo 5 until then. They have a new console, the launch games, and Titanfall (March 11) to market instead.

Going off of this, if you guys remember, 343 got a lot of flak for not releasing info after the initial announcement for a long time. They want to avoid having that long period of inactivity this time around. That's why the trailer at E3 was switched from being for Halo 5 to a vague "this is a trailer to let you guys know that Halo is around and this is our general direction" trailer.

Part 1

Wow, this is pretty awesome.  I would love to make a Halo version of this if I had the resources.

Going off of this, if you guys remember, 343 got a lot of flak for not releasing info after the initial announcement for a long time. They want to avoid having that long period of inactivity this time around. That's why the trailer at E3 was switched from being for Halo 5 to a vague "this is a trailer to let you guys know that Halo is around and this is our general direction" trailer.

E3 trailer was cool, but not having a set name makes me worried. If they can't even be sure about that along with changing the trilogy into a "saga" makes it seem more of a cash grab now.

E3 trailer was cool, but not having a set name makes me worried. If they can't even be sure about that along with changing the trilogy into a "saga" makes it seem more of a cash grab now.

Halo's been a cash grab since H3.

• Upvote (+1) 2

And that's what's really wrong with Halo.

Well, if M$ weren't so controlling and the devs were more competent, Halo could have found more success, but yes, milking a franchise too long turns even faithful fans away. People like variety once in a while. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the name is set in stone (Halo 5), but to prevent a long period of inactivity, decided to keep it under wraps. But yea, like Sam said, it's been a cash grab ever since MSFT demanded two more Halo games out of Bungie following H3. We've had a Halo game every year since Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 3

WHYYYYYYYYY

Isn't that in reference to the full-game digital download, not just the mandatory installation size like with GTA V, Halo 4, etc.?

Isn't that in reference to the full-game digital download, not just the mandatory installation size like with GTA V, Halo 4, etc.?

No idea, the last time I read the back of a box was 2007. 

Man, if MLG doesn't do some throwback Halo 3 tournament or whatever they're thinking of, then there will be absolutely nothing to talk about until E3 2014.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lol, because  graphics ? PC games are just as much( not all games but several, I believe BF4 will be  along those lines, BF3 in PC was like 20GB's)

It's fucking Call of Duty. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's fucking Call of Duty. 

But it will be a next gen game which eventually is pure HD and all that high tech next gen stuff, all of this do take a lot of space even for a CoD game.

Nothing wrong with Spartan Ops being in Halo 5 tbh. 

Hopefully they do it better this time :) 

I think Spartan Ops in Halo 4 was disappointing because it was immensely over-hyped by MS. Our imaginations also went wild and it was nothing like we thought. There is a lot of room for improvement an innovation in Spartan Ops. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Spartan Ops and campaign was all I liked in Halo 4 lol. 

But still firefight> 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just make it like MW2/MW3 spec ops imo.

Or just scrap it and make Firefight again. Spartan Ops was just grindy and not entertaining in the slightest.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sure if it would work but I wouldn't mind seeing a tower defense type firefight game mode. Similar to what Sanctum 2 does but all sexy an Halofied.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nothing wrong with Spartan Ops being in Halo 5 tbh. 

Hopefully they do it better this time :) 

It was essentially just a glorified second campaign that they focused way too many resources and time on.  It got old and repetitive so quickly.  I preferred Firefight, it wasn't as stale and boring as Spartan Ops.