Why do people think that internet speed is the ultimate thing when it comes to online gaming? Packet loss an jitter are exponentially more important for a satisfying gaming experience.

I think that the better you get, the more you notice the smaller details. Or maybe its because I have gone in reverse order. I went from playing on a tube TV with a good connection to now playing on an HDTV sitting on my bed with shitty internet. Anyways, back to my original point, things like no slow controllers, good headsets, and a gaming monitor are pretty much essential to hang with the pros.

I didnt care for that game informer article.

• I think the biggest fail for halo 4 was the matchmaking experience.
  • Followed by lack of smaller maps and the DLCs that had 7/9 big maps.
  • Ranks not coming till April and the ranks not being in-game.
  • Title update that was too little too late.

Its hard to imagine that it has been only 1 year since Halo 4 came out. Feels like Halo 4 came out ages ago.

When titanfall, destiny beta, and new CoD are released I expect  Halo to finally be put to rest.

I am just so glad I got to enjoy the great years of  halo CE and 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Called it Friday April 6, 2012. Get with the times, slowpoke.

Read thru that whole thread, funny to see all the outrage about the huge changes and how absolutely wrong some of the people who were trying to be positive about h4 were. My favorite comment had to be from some1 who after seeing all the changes to weapon spawns and AA's and crap added said " I'll be sticking to the classic playlists"

Tthis documentary series really tells/shows why competitive gaming, and just gaming in general is such a huge part of so many lives, including my own. 

It's such a great way to connect with people, meet new friends and be great friends with people you probably never would of been friends with outside of gaming. There's just something special about being apart of a community, a group of people that are all so unique but so much a like at the same time. For many of us it's like another home inside our homes. You feel special, accepted for who you are, and loved, sometimes even more loved then in your real life. For many player's it's an escape from the struggles of their daily lives. a way to escape the horror's of the world and just have some fun.

Many people, Including my self, Owe a lot to gaming for helping us shape and become the people we are today. Go ahead, call me a nerd, think im a nerd, but i love gaming and competitive gaming and will continue to for the rest of my life because of all it has done for me in my life.

That was one of the best documentaries i have ever seen. This is the last episode in the series... At least watch it but I really suggest everyone goes and checks out the whole things from episode 1-9. Even if you're not into smash bro's. It really shows what competitive gaming is all about for many people. And the stories behind those people are very intriguing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Tthis documentary series really tells/shows why competitive gaming, and just gaming in general is such a huge part of so many lives, including my own. 

It's such a great way to connect with people, meet new friends and be great friends with people you probably never would of been friends with outside of gaming. There's just something special about being apart of a community, a group of people that are all so unique but so much a like at the same time. For many of us it's like another home inside our homes. You feel special, accepted for who you are, and loved, sometimes even more loved then in your real life. For many player's it's an escape from the struggles of their daily lives. a way to escape the horror's of the world and just have some fun.

Many people, Including my self, Owe a lot to gaming for helping us shape and become the people we are today. Go ahead, call me a nerd, think im a nerd, but i love gaming and competitive gaming and will continue to for the rest of my life because of all it has done for me in my life.

That was one of the best documentaries i have ever seen. This is the last episode in the series... At least watch it but I really suggest everyone goes and checks out the whole things from episode 1-9. Even if you're not into smash bro's. It really shows what competitive gaming is all about for many people. And the stories behind those people are very intriguing.

im watching this series now. episode 5 or something appeared in "recommended videos" (i guess cuz i clicked this topic)and i clicked on and yeah this series is amazing. I dont even play smash though i do watch a good bit of it

Yeah I agree with that.  I've made some really good friends from competitive gaming in general  (and oddly enough hopefully meeting some this summer!).

The social interaction through competitive gaming is probably the best part about it imo

gaming got me to visit the US twice to meet up with friends. First to go to an MLG event, and then later just to hang out. Definitely great experiences I wouldn't have had otherwise.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I marathon'd through the whole thing when it came out. I thought it was great. Loved Wife's commentary especially. Melee was one of my favorite games but I never played it competitively at all, I barely even knew about any advanced techniques. Because I loved the game I've always had an interest in the competitive scene since I discovered it but never really knew too much about it. Evo 2013 was the first Melee competition I watched live, and it was awesome, so it was cool to see this documentary include that and everything else before it.

Melee is a great competitive game because it requires so much skill, but even if you don't understand the mechanics it's still very very easy to watch and enjoy it. Basically unheard of for fighting games and pretty rare for competitive games in general.

I'd kill for a Halo documentary that was as extensive and well-produced.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Really? Personally I think FGs in general are pretty simple for spectators and what's happening (besides UMvC3) and can understand when something clutch is actually hard to do.  Like I've watched EVO since 2011 and I didn't really play an FG until 2013 but the EVOs before were all really hype

I didnt care for that game informer article.

• I think the biggest fail for halo 4 was the matchmaking experience.
  • Followed by lack of smaller maps and the DLCs that had 7/9 big maps.
  • Ranks not coming till April and the ranks not being in-game.
  • Title update that was too little too late.

Its hard to imagine that it has been only 1 year since Halo 4 came out. Feels like Halo 4 came out ages ago.

When titanfall, destiny beta, and new CoD are released I expect  Halo to finally be put to rest.

I am just so glad I got to enjoy the great years of  halo CE and 2.

The more I think about it the more I want a PS4. Which is probably a bad idea because Halo 5 might be good

Really? Personally I think FGs in general are pretty simple for spectators and what's happening (besides UMvC3) and can understand when something clutch is actually hard to do.  Like I've watched EVO since 2011 and I didn't really play an FG until 2013 but the EVOs before were all really hype

Yeah, I mean, even if you're a complete Melee noob it's visibly clear when one player has the advantage over another. I'm a total FG noob besides Smash and if I watch any traditional fighter I can tell who's winning but I have no idea why. If you took out the health bars and the match wasn't a complete domination I probably wouldn't even be able to say who's winning. Even if you don't know a thing about Melee you can at least say "well this player is moving faster than the other one and he's hitting him off the map a lot".

EVO has next level hype though so I'd probably be able to enjoy watching anything they run.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know if people still play Nexuiz? Nexuiz_XBLAboxart_160h.jpg

Remember playing the demo a while back and had some fun playing it, but I don't know if I should spend $10. I just need another FPS to play after the #Hypetrain settles down.

Does anyone know if people still play Nexuiz? Nexuiz_XBLAboxart_160h.jpg

Remember playing the demo a while back and had some fun playing it, but I don't know if I should spend $10. I just need another FPS to play after the #Hypetrain settles down.

The servers were shut down months ago when THQ went under.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And i'm pretty sure the game is removed from the Marketplace, so you wont even be able to purchase it at all. Strange they did this since the game did have 1 player possibility's against bots, but then again the game was built for nothing but online play.

Sad it went downhill for that game, but it's bound to happen when MS charges a small game company to pay out $40k just to patch their game and the downfall of THQ didn't help either.

Illfonic had so many plans for the console version, it would basically be similar to the PC version after a few more updates. Such as Dedicated Servers, new maps etc, all of this was possible on the PC since updates can be released for free.

If you're a PC player then you can get the original Nexuiz for free.

http://www.alientrap.org/games/nexuiz

Or the new version of it called Xonotic.

http://www.xonotic.org/

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is 9 Episodes

Have fun, it's worth it

Just sat and watched every episode. I'm petty jealous of there community they all seem like the nicest people unlike ours which is just full of arrogant assholes. 

Amazing, well worth the watch. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah the community is great for the most part IMO. I sucked A LOT before and those guys would help me out so much and just get better to beat themselves and for me to rank up. You don't see that a lot in the Halo community in tournaments.

Mmhm. The smash doc is a really good one, the only one I would say is around that level is the Mike Ross FOCUS Documentary

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/714815/focus-an-original-movie-about-street-fighter-champion-mike-ross-g4-films/

I recommend watching it as well and it's much shorter lol

dawson_crying.gif

Pretty much how I feel. I removed nexiuz from my hard drive when I forgot my external not knowing it would be impossible to download again. If you paid the money you should be able to get it back.

I played nexiuz on some good hosts and played a few good scrims.. Could have been my main game if they fixed it.

As far as a game to fill your void? Shadowrun or MNC will both be fast paced and contain enough depth to keep you interested, if that's what your looking for. If you do end up getting either and want some help being brought up to speed , let me know!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty much how I feel. I removed nexiuz from my hard drive when I forgot my external not knowing it would be impossible to download again. If you paid the money you should be able to get it back.

I played nexiuz on some good hosts and played a few good scrims.. Could have been my main game if they fixed it.

Did they ever fix the Xbox version? They did quite a bit of work on the PC one and it was actually a very good game. Shame that about 10 people actually cared when it was fixed. 

Did they ever fix the Xbox version? They did quite a bit of work on the PC one and it was actually a very good game. Shame that about 10 people actually cared when it was fixed. 

They could only afford 1 update (hurray for expensive updates) and sadly that was not enough at that point with stat tracking issue still being there etc. like I said earlier they where planning on bringing all the stuff from the PC version to console as well, but the MS policy on updates back then were bad for all small game developers and even for bigger game developers.

@@Teapot

If you have downloaded Nexuiz before then you can download it again from your download history, but you will only be able to play 1 player against Bots.

So watching the Blazblue anime has got me wanting to watch a new anime. I started watching one called High School of the Dead. Ya know, cause it's an anime about Zombies. Within the first 10 minutes there was so many panty/boob shots that my little old brain is scarred for life. 

• Upvote (+1) 1