I give MS three months before Games for Gold is only on the X1. It will start with Arcade games at first due to the small library, but don't expect Games for Gold to be for 360 games for long.

Honestly I don't think so. I think it may be awhile before they even think of bringing it to the XB1. Because, what could they possibly give away on a new platform?

Can we all go back to Halo reach please?

Ive played over 200 games of H3 the last week, Online play even on my goat connection is starting to wear on me... And all them god damn host booters. god damn man.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ive played over 200 games of H3 the last week, Online play even on my goat connection is starting to wear on me... And all them god damn host booters. god damn man.

But Halo 3 is supposed to save halo

if every playlist was zb then i would but i hate some of reach's maps so much + last time i played zbns it was a snoozefest, no matching system...

if ur playing the mlg playlist on halo3, then yeah its pretty bad. i think it has something to do with the 10% extra movement that just makes it considerably harder to register shots unless your host.

if every playlist was zb then i would but i hate some of reach's maps so much + last time i played zbns it was a snoozefest, no matching system...

if ur playing the mlg playlist on halo3, then yeah its pretty bad. i think it has something to do with the 10% extra movement that just makes it considerably harder to register shots unless your host.

Yeah all i ever play/played is MLG in H3 or in Reach. When H3 was the main game, I had a 50 in MLG with 1793 exp. In all the other playlists combined i had maybe 20 exp. In Reach; I had just over 4000 MM games played and only 500 were outside MLG

In my eyes, The only settings in reach are NBNS. Just as in H3; The only playlist that exists is MLG. So i don't have the issues you have other then i agree that MLG playlist in Reach can get boring at times because of the uneven matches. But that's counterable if you search with 4 and only go into a match if it's another 4 box.

I'm still going to continue to play H3 because it's the game everyone wants to play, and i do enjoy it 10000x more then H4. But man, That online play is so rough... I really just got to not play 50+ games a day of MM so i don't lose it again like i did today... Game just pushed me over the edge today with all the host booter's and foreign like hosts. Going to take a break for a few days, Play some other games.

Yeah all i ever play/played is MLG in H3 or in Reach. When H3 was the main game, I had a 50 in MLG with 1793 exp. In all the other playlists combined i had maybe 20 exp. In Reach; I had just over 4000 MM games played and only 500 were outside MLG

In my eyes, The only settings in reach are NBNS. Just as in H3; The only playlist that exists is MLG. So i don't have the issues you have other then i agree that MLG playlist in Reach can get boring at times because of the uneven matches. But that's counterable if you search with 4 and only go into a match if it's another 4 box.

I'm still going to continue to play H3 because it's the game everyone wants to play, and i do enjoy it 10000x more then H4. But man, That online play is so rough... I really just got to not play 50+ games a day of MM so i don't lose it again like i did today... Game just pushed me over the edge today with all the host booter's and foreign like hosts. Going to take a break for a few days, Play some other games.

i know that custom game connections are much better. in matchmaking best host =/= best connection unlike in custom games.

things that determine host:

new xbox

new account

service record (usually the worse your record is)

the people in the game.

connection speed

For example, I live in SC. When i play with my online friend who also lives in SC who has a connection speed of .5d, I tend to pull host a lot. This was especially true in halo4, I pulled host every game i played with him. However; if I don't play with him, I never pull host.

This is the reason 4ners always pull host:

3051750594.png

He pays 30 dollars for this speed. His entire country is connected through fibre, plenty of other countries have fibre as well. this allows them to have ridiculous upload speeds. the problem however is that the distance is still far too great. also 50megs down connected to my 5up is prob worse than my 30d connected to his 50u.

Hell just look at this. 50d/43u and its faster than 79% of LT. 21% have faster internet than him. i know in the US this would be A+ faster than 99%. And this is unrestricted. I know a lot of colleges in the US get faster net than this but its limited and unopen-nat. its possible to get 100+ in so many european countries. upload isn't restricted like it is here. The fastest connection speed I can buy in my area is 5upload.

the only update halo3 needs imo is making it so 4ners cant match americans and aussies cant match 4nrs/americans.

besides removing dlc req...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have been saying since H2 that Halo needs a region search options. It would help so much for both us and people over sea's.

A regional search filter would be GOAT, Reach had some good options for getting better matches but Halo 4 has zero.. and JIP ugh.

I goof off on Reach every now and then, mostly because I like the 3sk Magnum in Anniversary Playlists and the more balanced DMR and neat sandbox. Kind of sad that Reach did so much wrong, yet they amplified everything bad in Reach and brought it over to Halo 4 -.- GG. The No De-Scope destroys any hope of having solid game-play even without all the nonsense Sprint etc, which sucks because some of the modded game types improve the sandbox so much.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The third or fourth most upvoted comment in this: http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1p1b91/gamers_of_reddit_what_feature_in_a_game_was_meant/

AskReddit thread is about how the features added in H4 ruined Halo. 

Again, kinda neat to see how even people who probably have never set foot on a competitive Halo site hate the features added.

Interesting tidbits towards the top:

Quick time events, rarely done right, always overused.

The load out customization and ordinance in Halo 4.

I know it was time for the franchise to move forward, but I liked Halo 3 because everyone started of at square 1 and had to use their knowledge of the map and skill to gather the best weapons in order to get the fastest kills with minimal deaths.

Now when I die it doesn't hit as hard as it did in halo 3, 2, or 1.

-Armor Abilities in the Halo series

Armor lock in Halo. Only cool thing was preventing someone from splattering you and watching them explode.

Everything in the Halo 4 matchmaker, just doesn't feel right

Every feature added in Halo Reach and Halo 4.

My favorite:

Making Console FPS games 'causal' for the people who rarely play. There will never be a comptetive Multiplayer like for example Halo 2 again.

then the reply

You could be stuck at level 28 for 2 weeks in halo 2 and when that day finally came where you were skilled enough to hit level 29 you were fucking pumped. Then the following game your team is total shit and you get dropped back down to 28. Fuckers.

That is the leveling that I want to return in FPS games. I don't want better weapons at higher levels. Set everyone on the same playing field and make them determine their own skill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why do people think that internet speed is the ultimate thing when it comes to online gaming? Packet loss an jitter are exponentially more important for a satisfying gaming experience.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for sharing! Watching this right now, on episode 5. Really great series so far. 

I use to love watching Smash in the MLG days. Never knew anything about the players though so this is really awesome to watch.

Lol no problem.  The more people who are interested in Smash competitively the better haha.  I know some people here are interested in playing the game competitively now from the Doc

Yeah some players I didn't know much either.  i Know ISAI was a legend but I didn't know background of him at all, he was probably the most interesting pro I've heard of imo

That GameInformer leak got THC 35,000+ hits, yes that was me.

Those were the days when I thought THC was just a liveshow done by Gandhi and Dmaq.

That GameInformer leak got THC 35,000+ hits, yes that was me.

Here's to the next leak!

tumblr_inline_msoassKe4w1r80p9c.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lol no problem.  The more people who are interested in Smash competitively the better haha.  I know some people here are interested in playing the game competitively now from the Doc

Yeah some players I didn't know much either.  i Know ISAI was a legend but I didn't know background of him at all, he was probably the most interesting pro I've heard of imo

ISAI is without a doubt the most intriguing pro gamer i have ever heard the story of... Like i wish i knew they guy so i could talk to him my self, pick his brain a little.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ISAI is without a doubt the most intriguing pro gamer i have ever heard the story of... Like i wish i knew they guy so i could talk to him my self, pick his brain a little.

Dude how he just played his heart out against Ken cuz Mel was there and absolutely trashed him. Unreal. He is the Super Saiyan.

I have the same opinion lol.  I do wish to talk to him, man was like Super saiyan 2 gohan or some shit when he wanted to be