Just going to post that the Shadowrun thread had 7ish pages in a 40ppp around the end of THC life cycle

Yeah it faired pretty well over there. Even had a THC team sign up for the tournament. Frosty said he'd make a thread but I don't think he is able to find any of the info from the old thread. I told him to let me know if he doesn't want to make it, that way you can take over. I don't feel like investing that much time into it and being the OP when chances are I won't be able to update the thread later on.

Once I get to my computer I can link the google drive docs of some of the tutorials I saved.

The shadowrun topic:

439.gif

Just post a thread in General Gaming. It might do well we never know. No need to make Non Halo game related in the General Halo Discussion section.

edit: there are already a few in the General Gaming section that were posted near the sites launch. We could just bring those back up.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Kind of weird that most of us wouldn't even know each other exist without halo.

Or possibly Go to a LAN where everyone is going :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or possibly Go to a LAN where everyone is going :kappa:

But I probably would have never lanned without halo :/ Never would have went to a mlg either. MLG probably wouldn't even exist today without halo. 

The shadowrun topic:

439.gif

Just post it in General Gaming. It might do well we never know. No need to make Non Halo game related in the General Halo Discussion section.

edit: there are already a few in the General Gaming section that were posted near the sites launch. We could just bring those back up.

This is OT of GD.. At this point we're discussing who is making the thread.. how is this beating a dead horse? Necro the best thread than. I figured it was better to fill in Akuma than not.

I hate all the uppity people saying beating a dead horse what else do we have to do. What is exciting that is happening with halo right now that even needs discussion let people talk about what they want to without being insulted for doing so.

I hate all the uppity people saying beating a dead horse what else do we have to do. What is exciting that is happening with halo right now that even needs discussion let people talk about what they want to without being insulted for doing so.

I was part of the conversation.

I was part of the conversation.

Im not directing it entirely a thats why I didnt quote you. I just see it all the time and it comes off as so snarky. Like how dare you bring up that. You did it in a better way that most of the people that do it but ya. Its just bothersome a bit. Let people converse

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it wasn't for Halo, I'd probably still be playing nothing but J-RPGs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ranks don't matter when there's still AR starts.

Good settings before ranks, please.

Don't forget that Lone Wolves has Swords of all things. And Crazy King & Oddball lol.

Playing some of those gametypes in a ranked setting really just makes me question if Bungie ever knew what they were doing.

tumblr_moc0fgHtWJ1qequb0o2_500.png

tumblr_moc0fgHtWJ1qequb0o1_500.png

I laughed at this more than I should have done.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Don't forget that Lone Wolves has Swords of all things. And Crazy King & Oddball lol.

Playing some of those gametypes in a ranked setting really just makes me question if Bungie ever knew what they were doing.

FFA swords, crazy king, oddball is reallyyy fun to play. BUT once you get to about lvl 40 its pure hell. 

After playing Halo 3, Halo 4 flaws are magnified and it is just the most frustrating and ridiculous game ever made.  If 343 doesn't flip on things like AA's, ordnance, sprint and flinch it's game over for the franchise as far as multiplayer is concerned.

• Upvote (+1) 4

After playing Halo 3, Halo 4 flaws are magnified and it is just the most frustrating and ridiculous game ever made.  If 343 doesn't flip on things like AA's, ordnance, sprint and flinch it's game over for the franchise as far as multiplayer is concerned.

I can't touch Halo 4 now after playing Halo 3. I don't get frustrated or anything, I just feel like I'm wasting my time when a better experience is out there. Yeah, Halo 3 lags more often and I run into modders every 10 matches or so, but those are minor problems compared to what Halo 4 and Reach have. Too bad the Halo 3 population spike will only last another month, if that.

I played the Shadowrun Demo and i wasn't a fan. The aim movement feels heavy and i don't understand the game lol. If it was free with gold i'd definitely try it out more though.

Sweet, another interested player. Unfortunately I don't think it will be part of the Games with Gold Deal. They seem to be reserving it as the game to give to countries that won't allow certain content or ratings. I keep asking around but it's impossible to get details on future games.

I would definitely be down with Shadowrun if it went Games with Gold. One question though, is there a certain way high level players manage the "button mapping"/ store screens. I find it sort of extremely awkward to manage on a controller. Just a "get used to it" I guess?

I played the Shadowrun Demo and i wasn't a fan. The aim movement feels heavy and i don't understand the game lol. If it was free with gold i'd definitely try it out more though.

Essentially, its Counter-Strike+Magic+Arena Elements. I feel like they picked a rather poor demo map imo, attackers have to be very competent to get anything done.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How about re-gens on top of each tower on the Pit? Its insane to me that they got away with all that shit, game after game after game. Who ARE these people that lead the development teams of these games??!?!

I guess when I picture their faces, expressions, and comments from the ViDocs it all makes sense.

...and now it's mostly dudes talking about a game the don't play any more... Just sitting here waiting.

I just dont understand why he says in that blog post that a game like Halo 3 would flop, and that Halo needs sprint to compete with call of duty and battlefield.

Well the current Halo title (Halo 4) has sprint, and is it not flopping? I mean the online population does not lie... Call of duty is built for sprint and to be frank plays a lot better with those features than a Halo title ever would.  The post literally blew my mind and further proves how disconnected the casual and competitive communities seem to be.  Now I know he does not speak for the entire casual scene but he is a part of Ready up Live - a popular casual halo group.

It just occurred to me, does a large part of the casual Halo fanbase even like Halo? Or, is Halo just the first game they played/invested time in, so they don't want to spend the effort to switch to other games? Quite frankly, I could see Halo 5 ship as a Killzone game, multiplayer wise, and some members of the community would congratulate 343 for innovating the gameplay...

• Upvote (+1) 1

After watching that smash documentary yesterday it gives me confidence an old game can succeed competitively even in the year 2013

How do I find this?

On an unrelated note, anyone that has seen the movie Prisoners, please take a look at my thread in OT below. After seeing the movie tonight, I have some unresolved questions.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/3553-attn-people-whove-seen-the-movie-prisoners-spoilers/?p=98727&do=findComment&comment=98727

There is 9 Episodes

Have fun, it's worth it

Thanks for sharing! Watching this right now, on episode 5. Really great series so far. 

I use to love watching Smash in the MLG days. Never knew anything about the players though so this is really awesome to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 5