Why do people look down upon those who provide lengthy and supportive posts? Whether it's a debate or a discussion I never understood why it was so frowned upon here.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why do people look down upon those who provide lengthy and supportive posts? Whether it's a debate or a discussion I never understood why it was so frowned upon here.

It's cool to debate things or have lenghty post, there's just a lot of filler stuff that people do (you would be an example) that would simply put in a paragraph or less. If your post doesn't have substance and has a lot of fillers I'll probaly stop reading your posts after awhile.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Most of the time in the lengthy post they are not saying much at all and could be summed up in a few sentences

Or just repeating the same thing but in different ways and giving examples. 

I love to read lengthy post if they actually make sense

Edit: Cyren said it perfectly

• Upvote (+1) 3

Most of the time in the lengthy post they are not saying much at all and could be summed up in a few sentences

Or just repeating the same thing but in different ways and giving examples. 

I love to read lengthy post if they actually make sense

This part so much, like if cT or Cursed Lemon has a lenghty post I know it's a worth while read since they don't filler crap into posts.

It's subjective in a way because what I consider details you just dismiss as not containing substance or as being a filler. It's not like there are 3 paragraphs that all state the same thing.

Must be confusing/hard properly responding or handling posts when choose not to read em. Also, if you already know you aren't going to read lengthy posts, why respond with a comment to antagonize them? Just ignore that entire post if that's all you've got to respond with.

From the look of things, I doubt I'll be buying a next gen console at launch. It seems that, in the last few years, the focus of shooter developers has shifted so much. No longer are people looking for a sustainable multiplayer that takes years to master; as long as a game has instant gratification, COD gunplay, good graphics, "realism", customization, some gimmick, and good advertising, it will sell millions of copies and furtehr neuter the shooter genre. SMFH.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's subjective in a way because what I consider details you just dismiss as not containing substance or as being a filler. It's not like there are 3 paragraphs that all state the same thing.

Must be confusing/hard properly responding or handling posts when choose not to read em. Also, if you already know you aren't going to read lengthy posts, why respond with a comment to antagonize them? Just ignore that entire post if that's all you've got to respond with.

I never respond to posts I don't read, that would be dumb.

I never respond to posts I don't read, that would be dumb.

Then why ignore an entire post just to comment on the length of the post and not the content? That's not what I would suggest and could easily be viewed as antagonizing a poster.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Then why ignore an entire post just to comment on the length of the post and not the content? That's not what I would suggest and could easily be viewed as antagonizing a poster.

Just because I say some skip posts doesn't mean I skip them all.

I'm not obligated to read everything on this forum either, that's more of a mod thing if anything (again, mods are volunteers). I do my best to read a lot though.

Just because I say some skip posts doesn't mean I skip them all.

Regardless, why would you respond to a lengthy post just to comment on it's length and not on it's substance?

It doesn't engage further in the conversation and critiques a component that the original post wasn't trying to make.

Regardless, why would you respond to a lengthy post just to comment on it's length and not on it's substance?

It doesn't engage further in the conversation and critiques a component that the original post wasn't trying to make.

because most of your post are filled with a lot of filler crap when lenghty.

because most of your post are filled with a lot of filler crap when lenghty.

whether my post is long or short I still can't seem to get you onto the same page I am.

Forget all of my posts, why would you respond to menotyou ignoring the substance he posts and only commenting on his length? That just looks counter productive, and usually creates or adds to the situation. That's my view on it, I'm just trying to understand yours.

Maybe I have to re-word it. Why do you feel commenting on a lengthy post is a better response than legitimately responding to it, or ignoring it? Is that not better than taking the time to critique a part in which the original poster wasn't focusing on?

Hey, I've made plenty of bad posts so maybe I'm in the wrong here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For clarification, I'm not trying to debate whether linearity is good or bad.  There are varying degrees of linearity, and it's impossible to even draw a distinct line demarcating a linear map from a non-linear map. 

Also, whether or not a map is 'too linear' is often gametype dependent, and a matter of opinion/preference.

No worries man, I was caught up in the moment and felt like responding regardless B)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've never seen people so salty that someone has a difference of opinion.

Discussing Halo has officially become worse than discussing politics and religion.

I hope I'm not included in the "I'm salty category."

I don't have a problem at all with people of opposing opinions, especially since I can't call everything right either. But I mean, I just feel like responding if there's an opinion that gets my attention.

How my posts turn out to be longer than my english papers is just magic.

And yeah, Halo has gone through eras of high competitive merit and eras of relatively lower competitive merit. It's just asking for war.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this really a debate though? I've only asked one question I just had to reword it.

Not yet

Not yet

lol like I said it's all been one question.

Ah I see how this one is going to be handled.

While you're giving tags, I feel like I deserve the Thanks for your Feedback tag.

Nothing else matters, I have taken my throne as demon lord.

RihxGcj.png

hmm?

e26b3df4585877d988f3dcc428d09a70.png