I have no words right now.

Complaining about someone discussing Halo on a Halo forum. If you don't like how someone post ignore them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now y'all debating over debating.

It's rather amusing I must say, carry on.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Are you honestly trying to debate whether or not you constantly debate other topics?

Just try taking a step back for a second. You're always talking about "objective" viewpoints. Well, try taking your own advice for once. You're literally arguing about how much you debate, while including statistics about your thread count. Yet, you exclude every personal post other than a OP for a thread?

You know that you debate everything, and now you're just living up to what BriteeyeZ said earlier in this thread. Lastly, you know that we're cool with each other, but at this point, someone needed to step in to tell you to stop kidding yourself my man. Your handle is menotyou, and on these forums, that name is synonymous with debate.

-Ghost

I debate a lot. I know that. Never at any point said I didn't. 

He asked "Do you ever just post to enjoy conversations about Halo or just want everything to become a debate?"

The first part of the question the answer is yes: I do post to enjoy conversations about Halo. I provided several examples. 

The second part of the question, the answer is no.

The answer is no for 2 reasons:

1) The majority of debates I get involved with were debates before I joined in. I didn't turn them into debates.

2) I enjoy non debate topics as well (Again, I provided several examples) 

BTW, how am I supposed to answer that question without providing examples on the contrary? How? Just answer with a simple yes or no? That wouldn't work because people would call bullshit, just like you did with this post. It was a clear bait. The only way to answer the question was to provide examples (which have been completely ignored in favor of ad hominem arguments), which I have done. 

I turned this question into a debate (you could argue that cyren turned it into a debate when he didn't accept my first answer but I digress). Does that mean that everything I every post is turning something that wasn't a debate into a debate? No.

Do I do it? Yes.

Do I do it frequently? Yes

Is it all I do? Not even close.

Please if anybody is going to continue this, use some actual examples. If you just reply with ad hominem, I won't reply to you.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I debate a lot. I know that. Never at any point said I didn't.

He asked "Do you ever just post to enjoy conversations about Halo or just want everything to become a debate?"

The first part of the question the answer is yes: I do post to enjoy conversations about Halo. I provided several examples.

The second part of the question, the answer is no.

The answer is no for 2 reasons:

1) The majority of debates I get involved with were debates before I joined in. I didn't turn them into debates.

2) I enjoy non debate topics as well (Again, I provided several examples)

BTW, how am I supposed to answer that question without providing examples on the contrary? How? Just answer with a simple yes or no? That wouldn't work because people would call bullshit, just like you did with this post. The only way to answer the question was to provide examples (which have been completely ignored in favor of ad hominem arguments), which I have done.

I turned this question into a debate (you could argue that cyren turned it into a debate when he didn't accept my first answer but I digress). Does that mean that everything I every post is turning something that wasn't a debate into a debate? No.

Do I do it? Yes.

Do I do it frequently? Yes

Is it all I do? Not even close.

Please if anybody is going to continue this, use some actual examples. If you just reply with ad hominem, I won't reply to you.

Dude... Please... Stop. I'm literally trying to help you here, man. Every single person here knows that you go above and beyond when it comes to posting your viewpoints. Do you honestly think that CyReN wanted a legitimate response? Filled with examples from previous threads?

It was pretty evident that he was merely saying, "Damn man, do you ever just relax a little bit?" He's not asking that question to get an answer. He's trying to tell you to just take a step back. No one here is trying to continue these arguments with you. He most likely just wants the "OT of GD" thread to go back to its usual self, rather than the heated debate thread that it's turned into during the last four or five pages. Take notice on how he even offered to dedicate a new thread to these debate topics -- clearly insinuating that he had grown tired of the discussions.

Nevertheless, we know that every post of yours isn't a debate. But even you yourself just stated, "Do I do it frequently? Yes." So please my man, just realize that these aren't personal attacks or response-worthy questions. They're merely attempts to neutralize this thread for the time being.

-Ghost

• Upvote (+1) 4

blah blah blah

Can we strike the last six pages of this thread from the record? I am not sure I have ever seen this many lengthy, circular, nonsensical, irrelevant posts gathered in one place. It started with the map posts and includes the quoted mess.

Edit: Sorry for duplicating parts of previous posters comments. Slow on mobile.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Now y'all debating over debating.

It's rather amusing I must say, carry on.

p75rt.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8

I dont even know how this went from" Halo 3 sucks Halo CE is goat" to "Some Beyond Staff mocking people cuz they are """smart""" about Halo" to discussing meno's habits in the forum.

lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Change in directions. Once again played some Halo 2 on LAN last night. Hell! We just played one game... a 2v2 Slayer on Ascension and jesus christ is it ever amazing.

Anyways, I have a 4v4 LAN organized for December and I'm asking all you MLG pros out there which Midship Objective gametype was best. If you're in the mood, feel free to tell me why.

Thanks,

Change in directions. Once again played some Halo 2 on LAN last night. Hell! We just played one game... a 2v2 Slayer on Ascension and jesus christ is it ever amazing.

Anyways, I have a 4v4 LAN organized for December and I'm asking all you MLG pros out there which Midship Objective gametype was best. If you're in the mood, feel free to tell me why.

Thanks,

Midship Ricochet.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just want to say I've enjoyed reading this thread way more over the past few hours since people have been debating.

Its a lot more interesting than people just posting gifs and crap like it normally is.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just want to say I've enjoyed reading this thread way more over the past few hours since people have been debating.

Its a lot more interesting than people just posting gifs and crap like it normally is.

sitting-like-a-boss.gif

Agreed, and that's fine, but if that is the case, we should be discussing these topics outside of this thread. There's no reason for it to take place in the Off-Topic thread, which is pretty much dedicated to "posting GIFs and crap."

The Great Debate Thread:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/3514-the-great-debate-thread/&do=findComment&comment=96990

-Ghost

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed, and that's fine, but if that is the case, we should be discussing these topics outside of this thread. There's no reason for it to take place in the Off-Topic thread, which is pretty much dedicated to "posting GIFs and crap."

The Great Debate Thread:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/3514-the-great-debate-thread/&do=findComment&comment=96990

-Ghost

I would agree if this was an ongoing thing, but this whole debate has been less than 24 hours or so and is pretty clearly already winding down. I think OT of GD is fun largely because its a mix of everything and anything.

I think if anything the best solution would be to move a post that sparked a big debate into its own thread when it becomes clear its going nuts and let people have it out there.

That's just like, my opinion though, man. I can see why you guys were getting sick of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Great Debate Thread:

-Ghost

Thank you sir :)

About 30 minutes ago I went to the Halo 4 section on twitch, and there was 4 streams with 3 viewers overall.

Anything before Halo Reach is where its at

I still haven't watched, need to start that on HBO Go sometime.

It's SO funny, definitely worth watching it all.