No, but why would ask for their views if you already know if they are strongly for/against it. You already know their views

Opinions and stances don't just materialize out of thin air.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Theorycrafter  what ? This is  stuff that directly affects the gameplay, it's not theory(Due to previous argument I'll assume you know what a theory is), things are facts my dear "forum-er"

Theorycraft is the attempt to mathematically analyze game mechanics in order to gain a better understanding of the inner workings of the game. The term originated in the Starcraft community as composite colloquialism between the name Starcraft and Game Theory.

-snip-

So we are in agreement that community leaders SHOULD know their stuff(even though it doesnt have to be TOO technical or too deep,although that is a plus) ?  :)

@@CyReN , yeah that is actually not a bad idea.

So we are in agreement that community leaders SHOULD know their stuff(even though it doesnt have to be TOO technical or too deep,although that is a plus) ?  :)

Sure, in order to be decent at the game, you usually have to have a pretty good understanding of the mechanics. That being said, I doubt you'll ever see the Ninjas of the community getting into the knitty and gritty like cT and Menotyou.

One of those designs went on to be rather excellent maps in several games.

You must not tell lies.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sure, in order to be decent at the game, you usually have to have a pretty good understanding of the mechanics. That being said, I doubt you'll ever see the Ninjas of the community getting into the knitty and gritty like cT and Menotyou.

I would hope that one day it could, as other community leader's are very knowledgeable of their games, not only playing it but the mechanics and deep knowledge of almost every single aspect of how the game works(technical and non technical). 

Example : LvLCap(in Battlefield) guy has a huge fanbase and is he is VERY good at the game, also..he can talk deep mechanics, spread, numbers,stances, details, % etc etc with his fans(which he does frequently)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love Halo discussions, I just don't care for these same discussions over and over about Halo 1 spread, maps, etc. I've read it all, nothing new really comes to light with it. I respect the hustle though to keep them going.

So what should we talk about? Halo 4? Halo 3? nah...

These discussion won't make a better Halo though.

Says who? This is a forum that staff members from 343 visit to see what we discuss on a daily basis and if they see us talking about the BEST halo game with the BEST mechanics and some of the BEST maps then maybe it could make a difference just like when they saw us discussing 4 shot BR's, Red X's and Rank Systems.

just keep it real...you would rather us hop on this Halo 3 hype to support a mediocre halo game (one that you probably cherish) instead of talking about a game that is light years better. I can guarantee if we were discussing how awesome the pit is or how great it is to have a 50 next to our gamertags every single day you wouldn't object to it....actually that is exactly what is happening outside of this thread on the forums...aren't you tired of ppl discussing the same things about H3 every day for a week or two now?

or maybe i'm thinking too much into this...like I do with my halo games (which seems to be a bad thing around here).

• Upvote (+1) 3

Says who? This is a forum that staff members from 343 visit to see what we discuss on a daily basis and if they see us talking about the BEST halo game with the BEST mechanics and some of the BEST maps then maybe it could make a difference just like when they saw us discussing 4 shot BR's, Red X's and Rank Systems.

just keep it real...you would rather us hop on this Halo 3 hype to support a mediocre halo game (one that you probably cherish) instead of talking about a game that is light years better. I can guarantee if we were discussing how awesome the pit is or how great it is to have a 50 next to our gamertags every single day you wouldn't object to it....actually that is exactly what is happening outside of this thread on the forums...aren't you tired of ppl discussing the same things about H3 every day for a week or two now?

or maybe i'm thinking too much into this...like I do with my halo games (which seems to be a bad thing around here).

Akademik fighting the good fight.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would hope that one day it could, as other community leader's are very knowledgeable of their games, not only playing it but the mechanics and deep knowledge of almost every single aspect of how the game works(technical and non technical).

I totally see where you're coming from, but I suppose I'm used to the divide after being into the competitive World of Warcraft scene for so long. The big names and the theorycrafters both had their place in the game, and some of the theorycrafters were pretty popular solely because of their research, but you often didn't see the "community leaders" or the players competing at a high level really participate in the number-crunching.

I think you're thinking too much into it, lol. I feel like this giant semantics/you'resodense/halo3isalikebeingwheelchaired discussion all stemmed from asking why everyone was excited about a "mediocre Halo game", which honestly is an opinion. So instead of people accepting that fact that some people like Halo 3 more than Halo 1 (like you ask Cyren to accept that some people still love Halo 1) they decided to have an intense discussion about the difference of the two games, most of which has been stated 100s of times.

I don't feel like anyone's mad about discussing Halo 1. Discuss away. Halo 1's cool. But it always becomes a fight over what the superior game is instead of discussing Halo 1. That's what bothers everybody.

Except you have people say Prisoner has bad design.

or my current favorite.. "These discussion won't make a better Halo though."

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've never seen people so salty that someone has a difference of opinion.

Discussing Halo has officially become worse than discussing politics and religion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really didn't want to get involved in this but I think what people mean by prisoner has a bad design is that the map wouldn't work well in any other FPS.

But it's not like that matters because it works fantastically in halo 1

I just suggested you guys could make a thread, now you are even debating that. Is it so much you guys want to discuss Halo or just right out debate lol?

You guys can do w/e you want (obviously following the rules), just threw in my 2c skimming the last few pages.

Discussing Halo has officially become worse than discussing politics and religion.

I am of the opinion that some opinions cannot be tolerated, or do you have a problem with this opinion?

Who's salty? it's definitely not me, I couldn't care any less about what halo game you or anyone in this thread likes. That doesn't bother me one bit, I can turn my xbox on and play CE any time I want...that makes me fucking happy in life. To repeat what Quinn said the other "play what you want, no one is mad at you for playing a game you enjoy".

What I don't like is every time CE gets mentioned someone pops up with the good ol "we get it...you love CE...no need to remind us" but never do the same when H2 or H3 gets mentioned (quite a lot btw)...really now?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am of the opinion that some opinions cannot be tolerated, or do you have a problem with this opinion?

My opinion is that your opinion sucks.

Why? Because it doesn't take into account that others have opinions, making my mine completely valid. BUT THAT'S OKAY because:

tumblr_mtp3tnkEYo1r220kbo4_500.gif

tumblr_mtp3tnkEYo1r220kbo3_500.gif

:kappa:

Who's salty? it's definitely not me, I couldn't care any less about what halo game you or anyone in this thread likes. That doesn't bother me one bit, I can turn my xbox on and play CE any time I want...that makes me fucking happy in life. To repeat what Quinn said the other "play what you want, no one is mad at you for playing a game you enjoy".

What I don't like is every time CE gets mentioned someone pops up with the good ol "we get it...you love CE...no need to remind us" but never do the same when H2 or H3 gets mentioned (quite a lot btw)...really now?

Look how mad everyone seems just because aPK said that Prisoner is a linear map. He gave his opinion and backed it up. People disagreed and gave their opinion with their support. Cool. Then when one person didn't agree with each other, it became a shitfest instead of anything productive.

It's the way information is presented that has given most people a certain demeanor towards the particular discussion. It's unavoidable at this point unfortunately. Anyone that doesn't agree with most people that discuss Halo 1 are "delusional, dense, stupid, biased" etc.  I wish you had seen that amount of shit I was getting on MLGPro back in 07 when I was still giving my Halo 2 warrior rants. Nobody really talks about Halo 2 anymore though.

In other words, you fell into my trap and you dont practice what you preach :P !!!

Damnit, you caught me. D:

These discussion won't make a better Halo though.

Are you serious? Not having these discussions is what gave us BR starts for the team throwdown playlist along with stupid remakes and slow timers. these discussions effect the way the community thinks about what makes an ideal halo and our settings and maps suffer from it. 343i couldnt make claims that the competitive community doesnt know what it wants if these discussions happened more often.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Buying a 250g xbox 360 with the following:  wired controller, powercord, BF3, Madden 13 (never played football online ever, not a fan), CoD: WaW, and finally Dead Island (never played).

All for 100 bucks.  Dude is paying the last 100 with my money to get the Xbox One.  

Good deal?  I might be buying this for my brother or give my current xbox to a close friend of mine as a surprise gift (srs, im nice).  

It might be a waste of money at this point since I could save up for the Xbox One.

A thread you will most likely hide from because you never add anything to ANY argument other than sarcastic comments/gifs or slight jabs like the one above...let the great halo minds talk and continue watching from a distance. 

take a break champ.

Are you serious? Not having these discussions is what gave us BR starts for the team throwdown playlist along with stupid remakes and slow timers. these discussions effect the way the community thinks about what makes an ideal halo and our settings and maps suffer from it. 343i couldnt make claims that the competitive community doesnt know what it wants if these discussions happened more often.

Again I'm talking about the Prisoner debate, not the recent Halo 4 changes or rule sets.