Usually I like reading lengthy posts, but HaloMaster & menotyou: you guys do tend to write a lot of fluff which can actually blunt your posts overall.

Just an observation.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are you purposely trying to ignore the latter half of my post or are you obtuse? I specifically address you on the basis of your own terms there.

Design (ie planning how you make a map) demands knowing what game you're making it for. Or are you telling me that you could plop "your designs" in Super Mario Bros or Gran Turismo?

Who are you kidding...

You're smart and certainly not stupid, you're just stubbornly trying to stick to your first incorrect statement.

The designs I made were for first-person shooters. That was the extent of my consideration when I was making them. The only mechanics I considered were that you could shoot and you could move.

Happy?

Sorry peoples, I gave Ryan a slap on the bum on Skype. 

*super snip*

Well since I got brought up in this, I'd like to make a few things clear, for any discussions I have with people, not just you, Menotyou:

1.) Don't treat me differently because of my vagina. I don't expect you to, I don't want you to. Quarrels on the internet don't bother me so there's really no reason to "go easy on me". I'm also a very blunt person, but I try to keep blunt/pretentious separate even though I can indeed come off as a bitch.

2.) (This one is specifically for you I guess menotyou): I started posting gifs because the discussion was over. We obviously didn't see eye to eye and neither of us were going to budge. The conversation was over when Cyren and Saucey started poking fun at it. It was just a friendly reminder that I wasn't taking what we were discussing personally and was only trying to lighten the situation.

3.) By the time I posted "I'm still trying to figure out why this became a big discussion, like people actually thought Halo 3 took more skill than Halo 1." our discussion was over and the people in the thread were on a new topic. The reason I posted that is because it went from a discussion to what we're looking at now, which is everyone rambling over semantics and insulting each other.

Discussion is great and all, but people often get so heated and passionate about their opinion that they stop looking at the other side of the situation and start flailing bullshit that's not needed. A disagreement is a disagreement. Leave it at that. If the other person doesn't see your side of the argument and you can't form an explanation clear enough for them to understand it, then the conversation's done. Nothing left you can do.

Instead we sit here and fight while talking in circles, and I'm not interested in that, which is why I typically just break conversation completely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would you guys like us to make a "The Great Halo Debate" thread?

Lets make it the "Halo Chemistry Summit 2013 thread"  Where the greatest and brightest Halo minds from around the internet gather to argue and become more entrenched in their own opinions.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Would you guys like us to make a "The Great Halo Debate" thread?

Lets make it "Halo Chemistry Summit Thread 2013"  Where the greatest and brightest Halo minds from around the internet gather to argue and become more entrenched in their own opinions.

Lmao I just fking lost it

• Upvote (+1) 1

you guys aren't even arguing about halo at this point

just semantics, which imo is spam 

both of you are banned for 1 day

• Upvote (+1) 1

you guys aren't even arguing about halo at this point

just semantics, which imo is spam 

both of you are banned for 1 day

I'll let Z handle it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lets make it the "Halo Chemistry Summit 2013 thread"  Where the greatest and brightest Halo minds from around the internet gather to argue and become more entrenched in their own opinions.

People can talk about how we should play citadel on halo 3 mlg and then talk about how halo 3 is bad we shouldn't even play it anyways and go play halo 1.

A thread were YOU are very encouraged to participate since you are one of the leaders of this community( and they are expected to know a lot of Halo, because you know... leaders KNOW their stuff), or so people tend to believe.

• Upvote (+1) 2

People can talk about how we should play citadel on halo 3 mlg and then talk about how halo 3 is bad we shouldn't even play it anyways and go play halo 1.

Is it wrong to ask for a person's views on a subject when they are strongly for/against it?

A thread were YOU are very encouraged to participate since you are one of the leaders of this community( and they are expected to know a lot of Halo, because you know... leaders KNOW their stuff), or so people tend to believe.

Just because we run a site doesn't mean we want to debate mechanics from a game from a decade ago. Halo 1 is my favorite Halo but these same discussions happening bi-weekly get old to read. This isn't me telling you guys to stop by the way, just thought since the discussion been going on for a few pages maybe it's own thread would be good for this.

a thread you will most likely hide from because you never add anything to ANY argument other than sarcastic comments or slight jabs like the one above...

or we just don't care about the discussion maybe?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just because we run a site doesn't mean we want to debate mechanics from a game from a decade ago. Halo 1 is my favorite Halo but these same discussions happening bi-weekly get old to read.

or we just don't care about the discussion?

Then why have a "Halo forum(where some other games are discussed)" if you guys don't like discussing the game you all like and love ?

Being a big face in the community does not mean that you're a theorycrafter.

Theorycrafter  what ? This is  stuff that directly affects the gameplay, it's not theory(Due to previous argument I'll assume you know what a theory is), things are facts my dear "forum-er"

Edit :  Yes, THEY SHOULD KNOW their stuff, why ? Simple, how I am supposed to look at this guy being the face of the community when he knows almost close to nothing or knows  very little about the game community he represents, how I am supposed to respect him as one of the faces of the community if there are other members that know so much more than him ?   Battlefield has its leaders and everyone respects the SHIT out of them( RivalxFactor, LvlCap and so), CoD has it's community leaders that know  A LOT of the game, Smash Bros and Street Fighter is the same, why Halo shouldn't be like that  ? Just some food for thought.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Then why have a "Halo forum(where some other games are discussed)" if you guys don't like discussing the game you all like and love ?

I love Halo discussions, I just don't care for these same discussions over and over about Halo 1 spread, maps, etc. I've read it all, nothing new really comes to light with it. I respect the hustle though to keep them going.

Yes, in that sense, maps become more linear when you restrict the upward flow of a map. But this linearity you and aPK speak of is what results in verticality; they have positive correlation in this respect.

For clarification, I'm not trying to debate whether linearity is good or bad.  There are varying degrees of linearity, and it's impossible to even draw a distinct line demarcating a linear map from a non-linear map. 

Also, whether or not a map is 'too linear' is often gametype dependent, and a matter of opinion/preference.

Is it wrong to ask for a person's views on a subject when they are strongly for/against it?

No, but why would ask for their views if you already know if they are strongly for/against it. You already know their views

Also, @@CoachMayyne

I know the counters are broke but what do the numbers mean? 

0643d63e2958284ed8d2a4844ae6bd3b.png

I love Halo discussions, I just don't care for these same discussions over and over about Halo 1 spread, maps, etc. I've read it all, nothing new really comes to light with it. I respect the hustle though to keep them going.

I guess, but up until this day from these kind of discussions/arguments, I still learn things from CE, H2 and even Halo 3 that I never knew/realized/learned during their peak times, and for me it's interesting to know how other people think of these things and how the compare/stack against other installations of the game, it's like the Android/iOS  debate that will  never end and I suggest that you guys embrace that, because as long as there are other "ideal" games to look at, there will always be comparisons/arguments/discussions against those titles.

I've seen this already with Brawl, Street Fighter  etc etc and I don't think Halo will be the exception.

• Upvote (+1) 1

or we just don't care about the discussion maybe?

Then don't comment...ever *kanye voice*

I don't care that you don't care to discuss the goat halo game...that's fine, you can simply ignore the discussions or create that thread (or someone else can do it). Not everyone is fine with discussing mediocre halo games so it would be good to have somewhere to discuss CE or what settings, gametypes and maps can help provide the best halo experience possible.

You know how many things I see on this forum that i disagree with and never comment on it? a lot. It's not difficult man, simply turn the other cheek. I feel like menotyou right now lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I guess, but up until this day from these kind of discussions/arguments, I still learn things from CE, H2 and even Halo 3 that I never knew/realized/learned during their peak times, and for me it's interesting to know how other people think of these things and how the compare/stack against other installations of the game, it's like the Android/iOS  debate that will  never end and I suggest that you guys embrace that, because as long as there are other "ideal" games to look at, there will always be comparisons/arguments/discussions against those titles.

I've seen this already with Brawl, Street Fighter  etc etc and I don't think Halo will be the exception.

Yea that's fine I realize there are a lot of new people to Halo or started later then others. I was just suggesting an idea for a thread.

Then don't comment...ever *kanye voice*

I don't care that you don't care to discuss the goat halo game...that's fine, you can simply ignore the discussions or create that thread (or someone else can do it). Not everyone is fine with discussing mediocre halo games so it would be good to have somewhere to discuss CE or what settings, gametypes and maps can help make the best halo experience possible.

These discussion won't make a better Halo though.