Here is a video demonstrating bullet travel time, but it also demenstrates accuracy to a certain level. It shows that there is bullet spread on the sniper and that spread is reduced when zoomed in. (I do not know if the spread is reduced on the pistol or not when zoomed in).

@Moa: You don't have to worry. I will always have the habit. I'm just trying to tone it down a bit. So instead of 200 lines, you will be getting 175.

I don't know if this was like it on the Xbox version, as I haven't played the Xbox version of Halo 1 before, but I know that if you held the trigger/mouse button down you would have spread/bloom on the pistol. Of course this was firing automatically, and maybe it wasn't like this on the Xbox version, but that's the kind of Halo 1 I've been used to.

I don't know if this was like it on the Xbox version, as I haven't played the Xbox version of Halo 1 before, but I know that if you held the trigger/mouse button down you would have spread/bloom on the pistol. Of course this was firing automatically, and maybe it wasn't like this on the Xbox version, but that's the kind of Halo 1 I've been used to.

Xbox version was the same.

The thing is that is a non issue because nobody actually did it. That's like saying that Halo 3 was bad because of radar jammer. Sure it was an element, but it wasn't relevant 99.9% of the time.

People used the needler more than they did this, and nobody used the needler unless they needed a weapon to quick camo with and they had dropped their AR previously.

I like what's happening here. Mostly because I maintain that the two Halos that took by far the most aiming skill are Halo 1 and Halo 3. Both used projectiles and both had at least some spread and bullet mag.

The only problem with Halo 3's spread in my eyes is that it was too large of a cone where the bullets could spread and the cone became too large, too soon.

Tighten the spread and make it start loosing accuracy beyond a certain long distance. That distance can be whatever as long as the spread doesn't cause random loss in close/medium battles at any significant rate. Significant to me would be defined as around 5% or so. If I can lose around 5% of my close/medium range battles because of random bullet spread on the main utility weapon then that is an issue.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 3 is GARBAGE compared to Halo 1. Period. Spread or no spread. Isolating a single factor like bullet spread (which is less prominent in CE) won't make H3 any better (especially when spread is significantly worst). There are more issues with H3 than just the BR...like aiming, movement, weak sandbox, spawn system, mediocre maps.... oh and the game is easy (4 dead...PUSH). 

No one is saying otherwise. Chill.

And to say that H3's maps were mediocre is just laughable.

No one is saying otherwise. Chill.

And to say that H3's maps were mediocre is just laughable.

i'm comparing games just like you guys...the br is trash compared to the pistol and the maps were mediocre compared to halo 1. Nothing is laughable about it, it's my opinion and what i'm saying actually holds some weight. The "meta" is much deeper on prisoner than it is on guardian. The "meta" is much deeper on dammy than it is on the pit. Narrows, Amplified and Onslaught are all terrible "hold forward" maps. Name one weak competitive map in CE.

#FactsOnly

I can't help but think that Halo 3 would feel a lot easier to aim in if the mechanic itself was less clunky. It would still be more difficult than most other Halo games but it would at least feel naturally difficult rather than artificially difficult (my opinion - trying to move the reticle along the axes is fine, but attempting to move it diagonally or in a curve is just clumsy and frustrating because it doesn't work that way in any other shooter I play).

And while I'm talking about aiming; separate sensitivities for the X & Y axes would be pretty nice to see in the next Halo, as would an aim acceleration slider (even better would be an aim accel adjustment option for each weapon - that could really help everyone by allowing us to customise just how loose/snappy or restrained a weapon is).

BTW @@ThreeShotPistol - why is you avatar not actually the three shot pistol?  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Name one weak competitive map in CE.

1) You only said "maps" originally. You didn't say "competitive maps". Halo 3's BTB maps are far better than CE's, by a mile - most BTB enthusiasts will tell you this. H3 has better 4v4 maps too. Just like everything else about CE, its maps only stand out in 2v2.

2) Prisoner is a terribly linear design - it's as bad as you can make a vertical single-atrium design.

3) Hang 'Em High is an absolute joke of a design, nothing more or less. Just look at that map (the ridiculous cover on the floor, the ridiculous catwalks). I take Boarding Action and Chiron more seriously as designs than HeH. If HeH/Tombstone never existed and a Forger/designer made that exact design (even in Custom Edition), they'd be laughed at.

4) Wizard is another awful design (with a god-awful weapon layout that didn't help), and was barely salvaged in Halo 2 in the form of Warlock. Same goes with Battle Creek to Beaver Creek.

5) Damnation is fantastic. Chill Out is great. Derelict is good, but suffers from its dependency on teleporters. Desolation, as a design, is better.

Just because the mechanics are sound and fun, doesn't mean all of the maps/designs you play on are too.

Lets be real here. Halo 1 would make any Halo map ever play well. You could throw Sword base into CE and the combination of nades, force spawning, the 3sk death cannon, and quick power items would make it play well.

Does one judge a map off of how it performs in the game it is in, or does one judge the map off of how it would perform in other games of the same franchise?

Because Isolation would play better in Halo 3 than Prisoner (I have played remakes) but prisoner is definitely the better map when taken in context of it's own game.

Also, prisoner isn't linear when you have intelligent people using camo correctly and knowing how to force spawn ; )

• Upvote (+1) 2

2) Prisoner is a terribly linear design - it's as bad as you can make a vertical single-atrium design.

k Countdown.

• Upvote (+1) 5