I only notice it with the guide, which is really laggy for me.

I was sitting there for like 20 seconds waiting for the arcade games menu to load. That's something i'm excited about for next gen is that everything will/should be running faster.

With the Soul cal fight stick. Have you found it irritating that the ball on the stick spins? I sometimes catch myself slipping/screwing up cause of that and i think i'd be better of if it didn't move. 

With the Soul cal fight stick. Have you found it irritating that the ball on the stick spins? I sometimes catch myself slipping/screwing up cause of that and i think i'd be better of if it didn't move.

jusy have a better grip on the stick and you'll be fine. I used to have an issue with it now its not a problem
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah troll, my UMvC3 team is this:

Hawkeye (Triple Arrow)/Dante (Jam Session)/ Vergil (Rapid Slash) 

Hawkeye is a pretty big guy when it comes to chip damage and since X-factor isn't a huge deal at the beginning, I can deal some nice chip damage.  He also has some nice loops that can do some ok damage. Basically I can harass you by zoning you with my arrows and things like that.    Hawkeyes lvl 1 super Gimlet is also instant on startup after the cinematic so I can punish players

Dante has lots of mixup options.  Combos are long but do ok damage and it builds lots of meter from it, which in turn helps vergil out a ton so he can do Sword loops.   Jam session is also one of the best assists in the game and is a good assist when you're up against Morrigan

Vergil is a monster in general.  Rapid slash is a good assist for extending combos and forcing players in block stun that corners them on block, some safe ass shit like down heavy that is good.

Once I get my standard team down I'll start making an alt team with Dante/Vergil/Strider for a team to go against Morridoom teams.  Vajra alone makes it a really fair match for me

Yeah troll, my UMvC3 team is this:

Hawkeye (Triple Arrow)/Dante (Jam Session)/ Vergil (Rapid Slash) 

Hawkeye is a pretty big guy when it comes to chip damage and since X-factor isn't a huge deal at the beginning, I can deal some nice chip damage.  He also has some nice loops that can do some ok damage. Basically I can harass you by zoning you with my arrows and things like that.    Hawkeyes lvl 1 super Gimlet is also instant on startup after the cinematic so I can punish players

Dante has lots of mixup options.  Combos are long but do ok damage and it builds lots of meter from it, which in turn helps vergil out a ton so he can do Sword loops.   Jam session is also one of the best assists in the game and is a good assist when you're up against Morrigan

Vergil is a monster in general.  Rapid slash is a good assist for extending combos and forcing players in block stun that corners them on block, some safe ass shit like down heavy that is good.

Once I get my standard team down I'll start making an alt team with Dante/Vergil/Strider for a team to go against Morridoom teams.  Vajra alone makes it a really fair match for me

That's a serious team.

My team i've went with is Firebrand(i think that's his name, i just call him Nouva Shenron), Dr, Strange(dat spell book) and Ammy.

I just went off of JWongs tier thread. I picked Fireband because his mobility and reminds me of one of my favourite villains from Dragon Ball GT(Nouva Shenron), Dr Stranges Spellbook(or whatever it's called) is a beast and Ammy is a dope character and has a strong X factor.

But right now i'm playing as Ryu. Always been a fan of Ryu, especially with his Kamehameha. Gotta figure out a decent team with him.

I also wanna try it out Hulk cause he's my favourite character in UMvC3, has a solid X factor from what i've played with him, but i'm not sure if he's really that good. I wanted JWong to finish his tier list cause it's better than the other ones i've seen.

That's a serious team.

My team i've went with is Firebrand(i think that's his name, i just call him Nouva Shenron), Dr, Strange(dat spell book) and Ammy.

I just went off of JWongs tier thread. I picked Fireband because his mobility and reminds me of one of my favourite villains from Dragon Ball GT(Nouva Shenron), Dr Stranges Spellbook(or whatever it's called) is a beast and Ammy is a dope character and has a strong X factor.

Firebrand has a shit load of stuff that you can do with Firebrand but not all of it has been discovered and he has some good mixups.  Idk bout Strange but I do know Ammy is a good character in general.

The thing with UMvC3 teams is how much synergy the team has with each other.  For example the DMC brothers work together well since Dante gets lots of meter and in turn makes Vergil be a monster with meter. Dante is great with meter but Vergil is another story lol .

So yeah, idk if that team has any synergy, but you can go to SRK forums and ask around in the umvc3 subsection

Firebrand has a shit load of stuff that you can do with Firebrand but not all of it has been discovered and he has some good mixups.  Idk bout Strange but I do know Ammy is a good character in general.

The thing with UMvC3 teams is how much synergy the team has with each other.  For example the DMC brothers work together well since Dante gets lots of meter and in turn makes Vergil be a monster with meter. Dante is great with meter but Vergil is another story lol .

So yeah, idk if that team has any synergy, but you can go to SRK forums and ask around in the umvc3 subsection

Yeah i unno. I just like Dr Stranges spell book lol. I'm probably gonna find a team that's best for Ryu right now though since i'm practicing my execution with him.

Game is so much easier to do combos than any other game i'm playing with, but it's still a lot of fun.

Damn, never seen this many RT's for something Halo related.

acbf2be6be16537988c643f8a4db9260.png

Yea, I was quite surprised as well, definitely shows that there is a great deal of support for a 4v4 Global Championship, as in all honesty its what we've wanted/needed all along.

Yeah i unno. I just like Dr Stranges spell book lol. I'm probably gonna find a team that's best for Ryu right now though since i'm practicing my execution with him.

Game is so much easier to do combos than any other game i'm playing with, but it's still a lot of fun.

yeah the games skill is more based on things like having to know what to do at certain times, having a solid defense on mixups, reactions and whatnot.  Execution is still a big thing but not SF4s level of execution

So I was bored tonight and decided to crunch a few numbers of a few pros with the difference in headshot percentages for a kill with the BR/DMR since a friend and I were talking about it.

Here is what I got off the few pros I looked at so far

Ninja:

DMR 85.3% 

12859 kills

- BR 90.4% 

Dersky:

- DMR 85.4%

7884 kills

- BR 90%

13661 kills

Heinz:

- DMR 84%

5666 kills

- BR 89.9%

11759 kills

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I found all the stats from Halotracker and every pro i looked at had around the same numbers.  

With pros like Ola having a pretty high DMR ratio but the BR being the same as everyone else. But the thing is a lot of the pros are also more down than Ola when it comes to DMR ratio but are the same for the BR

Basically what I'm assuming here is a few things

1) The DMR has a higher skill gap.  Evident with Pros like Ola having unusually high percentages (like 88%) but most having around 85%.  The BR is almost always on the 90% mark for headshot percentages

2) People miss more with the DMR.  The percentages show that

Also, this was the case when H4 also came out.  The percentages were around the same

though what im wondering is why the BR, which has a shit load more kills has  a much higher percentage than the DMR to headshot ratios.  Does that just show how really easy the BR is to use?

• Upvote (+1) 9

DMR >>> BR

it's a damn shame it's being blackballed like it is because of nostalgia for an easy to use rifle....it disgusts me

Good stuff getting those numbers.

• Upvote (+1) 4

DMR >>> BR

it's a damn shame it's being blackballed like it is because of nostalgia for an easy to use rifle....it disgusts me

Good stuff getting those numbers.

Wait what?

You are clearly forgetting that random spread is competitive! Especially online! ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I was bored tonight and decided to crunch a few numbers of a few pros with the difference in headshot percentages for a kill with the BR/DMR since a friend and I were talking about it.

Here is what I got off the few pros I looked at so far

Ninja:

DMR 85.3% 

12859 kills

- BR 90.4% 

Dersky:

- DMR 85.4%

7884 kills

- BR 90%

13661 kills

Heinz:

- DMR 84%

5666 kills

- BR 89.9%

11759 kills

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I found all the stats from Halotracker and every pro i looked at had around the same numbers.  

With pros like Ola having a pretty high DMR ratio but the BR being the same as everyone else. But the thing is a lot of the pros are also more down than Ola when it comes to DMR ratio but are the same for the BR

Basically what I'm assuming here is a few things

1) The DMR has a higher skill gap.  Evident with Pros like Ola having unusually high percentages (like 88%) but most having around 85%.  The BR is almost always on the 90% mark for headshot percentages

2) People miss more with the DMR.  The percentages show that

Also, this was the case when H4 also came out.  The percentages were around the same

though what im wondering is why the BR, which has a shit load more kills has  a much higher percentage than the DMR to headshot ratios.  Does that just show how really easy the BR is to use?

A gun that fires bursts is inherently easier to use than the same gun that is single shot

This is not new. It is common sense. 

When you miss with a single shot weapon, you miss. End of story. When you miss with a burst weapon, you can sweep and have one or two bullets still hit. You can get partial credit.

Also, anybody who has ever played swat in this game knows it is way easier to use the BR. The BR is simply the better cleanup weapon of the two. It is easier to kill one shots when you can sweep across the head for a kill.

I am sure everybody already knew this. The arguments against DMR a while back were that it was too effective at range. Not that it took less skill (well some very stupid people said that, but most intelligent people knew it was not the case).

Yeah I know but the general argument was that the DMR was much easier to use. I was just disproving that again since I was curious about the numbers anyways

Stats don't matter. The BR just "feels" better. Have you played against pros?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I know but the general argument was that the DMR was much easier to use. I was just disproving that again since I was curious about the numbers anyways

Wait... People actually believe that? 

Are you serious? I mean I saw some people say it, but I just figured they were saying it was easier to use a long range. I didn't think they honestly thought it was overall easier.

Wow. I am very disappointed with the intelligence level of this community. Just wow. 

• Upvote (+1) 2