I know I'm late to the party, but I just picked up Breath of the Wild and hot damn. I'm blown away. Time to have no life for a while.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Why are all the pros streaming and playing Halo 3? How did it come about. Who, what, when, where, why?

There's a Halo 3 4v4 tournament coming up in January that's hosted by UGC(and supported by HCS). I believe the prize pool is 30k for 4v4 and 5k for FFA.

I know that the halo campaigns are rarely discussed on these forums but I've been playing through them all with my friend and my brother on MCC. I would seriously recommend to play them again if you haven't in a long time. So much fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Having a Halo 1 LAN tomorrow, we're introducing the young god of our city to the game so it'll be interesting to see how he fares. If I had to guess, second best by the end, maybe even the best. The kid is a freak, and training mode definitely helps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Having a Halo 1 LAN tomorrow, we're introducing the young god of our city to the game so it'll be interesting to see how he fares. If I had to guess, second best by the end, maybe even the best. The kid is a freak, and training mode definitely helps.

Show him a few nade tricks on Dammy and Hang Em and teach him how to spawn up/random on Dere, and with training mode on you should be good.

Probably gonna need to show him how to play with camo, backpack reload and double melee too.

Honestly, he’ll probably have more fun learning the game if you sub Dammy and Dere for some different maps on NHE.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Show him a few nade tricks on Dammy and Hang Em and teach him how to spawn up/random on Dere, and with training mode on you should be good.

Probably gonna need to show him how to play with camo, backpack reload and double melee too.

Honestly, he’ll probably have more fun learning the game if you sub Dammy and Dere for some different maps on NHE.

It's funny you mention nade tricks on Dammy, I have played a couple MCC games with him so I guess it's not technically his first time playing the game. Anyway we spawn into Dammy, and as I'm trying to verbally describe a nade from small door to get camo down, he throws one nade towards waterfalls to check throw distance and interrupts me saying " I think I get it" and throws an improv nade perfectly and gets camo down.

Great advice though! I haven't quite decided if I want to do all of the maps just to introduce him to the game, or just pick seven (maybe nine and switch out Dere and Dammy like you suggested) and play them a few times so he gets used to it. He trounced me in every other Halo, and as much as H1 is different I think he'll pick it up quick.

Backpack reloads, double melee, and quick camo is also great advice. First several games he'll be on my team so I don't think it'll be too bad, in our group I'm the only one who actively does any of that stuff so even if he struggles to figure it out he's not going to get smoked. Spawns and the quick weapon times I think he'll struggle with most.

EDIT: Just for reference, this kid is fifteen. Actually played a little Halo 2 back in the day but never cared to get good at Halo until Halo 5 where he was stupid good.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know that the halo campaigns are rarely discussed on these forums but I've been playing through them all with my friend and my brother on MCC. I would seriously recommend to play them again if you haven't in a long time. So much fun.

If there one's aspect from the Halo series that was consistently good, it was co-op. Except for maybe Halo 5.

If there one's aspect from the Halo series that was consistently good, it was co-op. Except for maybe Halo 5.

definitely h5. 

odst and reach were my favorite after h1

4 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

Holy cow is that Dirty Platano from THF!?

Yes, it is I. Yes, Hyena immortalized me in the Mastery tage. Yes, I am alive and sober minus alcohol. And yes, I finally joined the Army like I said I was going to. I just got a Xbox again so I figured I’d pop back out of hiatus and get in touch with the homies again, living in South Korea at the moment and I can’t find a damn game to save my life so I need you guys back in my life please and thank you.

• WutFace (+0) 1

12 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

NICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK when we playing again BRO 

I was thinking of playing H2A on MCC rn actually because the modern aiming setting is supposed to be based on that so I figured I would test out settings on that. Either that or DOOM probably. MIGHT be on tommorrow but probably not on Christmas.

4 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

I was thinking of playing H2A on MCC rn actually because the modern aiming setting is supposed to be based on that so I figured I would test out settings on that. Either that or DOOM probably. MIGHT be on tommorrow but probably not on Christmas.

Bro if you ever see me on message me I miss my BOY. And you know i love h2a so I'm down for that whenever. I might be on a little later tonight so if you see me we gotta GRIND. 

1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Bro if you ever see me on message me I miss my BOY. And you know i love h2a so I'm down for that whenever. I might be on a little later tonight so if you see me we gotta GRIND. 

I gotchu my dude, sorry I haven't messaged you sooner. I'm appearing online so if I'm still on I won't be an offline ghost.

16 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

I gotchu my dude, sorry I haven't messaged you sooner. I'm appearing online so if I'm still on I won't be an offline ghost.

My BOY 

• Simms (+1) 1

I'm going to buy myself a little Christmas present later today. Should I grab Battlefield V or Gears 4? 

10 minutes ago, Hully said:

I'm going to buy myself a little Christmas present later today. Should I grab Battlefield V or Gears 4? 

If you’re a diehard fan of the series and enjoy the eSport, GoW4. Other than, BFV for sure cuz GoW4’s honestly cancer compared to previous GoW games. It’s fun for a bit, but not enjoyable searching solo and running into stacked teams.

On 12/25/2018 at 7:13 AM, Hully said:

GoW 4 has a lot more content. I guess it depends on how into previous Gears MP you were. I hear a lot of people talk about how it's not as good as its predecessors, but it feels really similar to me.  I had a lot of fun with it (or as much fun as one can have when they're as bad at it as I am).

BF5 is a good game, but it's light on content atm, and BF games are always hella buggy for the first several months. This one is no exception. The biggest thing with the game right now is this Time To Death issue, where the killtimes are actually fine, but it still feels like you're dying faster than you should be. The game doesn't tell you you're being hit until you're already almost dead. It's a pretty huge problem right now.  In a few months BF5 will be a lot better, but right now I'd say GoW 4 is the better buy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

GoW 4 has a lot more content. I guess it depends on how into previous Gears MP you were. I hear a lot of people talk about how it's not as good as its predecessors, but it feels really similar to me.  I had a lot of fun with it (or as much fun as one can have when they're as bad at it as I am).

BF5 is a good game, but it's light on content atm, and BF games are always hella buggy for the first several months. This one is no exception. The biggest thing with the game right now is this Time To Death issue, where the killtimes are actually fine, but it still feels like you're dying faster than you should be. The game doesn't tell you you're being hit until you're already almost dead. It's a pretty huge problem right now.  In a few months BF5 will be a lot better, but right now I'd say GoW 4 is the better buy.

I ended up grabbing BFV because I'm a sucker for WWII shooters. I'm sure I'll end up grabbing Gears 4 eventually as well, as they're both fairly inexpensive. 

• Like (+1) 1