I'm assuming you've already considered it, but considering your warranty is already expired, I would just recommend asking for a second opinion from local, "unauthorized" but trustworthy repair places as well, if 650$ is out of the question. There's reason to distrust repair places with contractual obligations to the people who made your phone in the first place.

At some point somebody's gotta explain this whole "thousand dollar phone" thing to me (not calling you out specifically, many people in my life have done the same thing). Buying a beefy $1000 PC has a lot of utility and benefits, I get that. A current gen-console with accessories that total up to $1000? Sure, there's value in entertainment. A $1000 phone? Back in 2015, my old phone broke and a friend sold me their iPhone 5S for relatively cheap. I figured I'd just keep it around until it either broke or became unusable, and then go back to Android. The only issue is that the damned thing won't die. I've still got it. All the apps I need or want run great. The battery is obviously not what it used to be, but considering the expected lifespan of lithium batteries, its doing fine. The benefits of a brand new phone are really lost on me, save for higher quality cameras and also perhaps performance benefits in testing if you spend a good portion of your waking life in Android Studio. Its just too easy to imagine a situation like yours or worse, and think "why even bother?".

Oh there's absolutely no reason, it's stupid.  You can get 95% of the performance out of much more affordable phones like the One +5 which is half the cost. 

I bought the Pixel, unlocked at full price up front, because of my commitment to Google.  I've always loved everything they've put out and their mission statements, and I've used Android religiously since the start.  The Pixel was their first ever premium product and I was excited to use it.

Fuck me right lol

So I've been listening to h3s soundtrack a lot recently. I cant think of anything BUT the single player of that game. Despite a couple hickups in the narrative, I still think it has a really good story and is a satisfactory conclusion. Glad they never went further ahead with the story post h3.

Hot take: Halo 3 has the best looking water of any Halo game.

Outside of Valhalla’s running water, where else is Halo 3’s water really on display? Off the top of my head, I can only think of Sierra 117 in the campaign.

Outside of Valhalla’s running water, where else is Halo 3’s water really on display? Off the top of my head, I can only think of Sierra 117 in the campaign.

The Ark has a lot of water.

The beach on high ground is excellent. There's fish in it, water entry/exit sound effects, screen filters, audio filters, reactive ripples and waves.. Overall excellent water. Best in series, still incredible to this day.

• Upvote (+1) 3

zanzibar. you never played jaws mate? Also longshore. Boat shenanigans were hilarious. I remember sailing that boat under the enemy's base and they walked around looking for us. started jumping off the map to kill us (was like 2v5 in longshore ts). 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just performed my first military funeral. 21 gun salute, flag folding, etc. It was quite the experience. Very intense. It was for a retired colonel so there was a lot of brass there too. But we nailed it. Feels good man. Pretty good way to roll into a 4 day weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm still wondering why 343i/Microsoft never gave us a true halo 2 and/or halo 3 remake

do they not like money?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm still wondering why 343i/Microsoft never gave us a true halo 2 and/or halo 3 remake

do they not like money?

I still never understood why Halo CE and Halo 2 never got their multiplayer components remastered like their campaigns did.  Instead we got a few H1 maps in Reach's sandbox, and then we got an extremely watered down version of H2 in the MCC Anniversary edition.  Try this, take a buddy or two and play eachother splitscreen on a remastered single player mission in MCC and you'll realize what modern Halo is supposed to look like.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still never understood why Halo CE and Halo 2 never got their multiplayer components remastered like their campaigns did. Instead we got a few H1 maps in Reach's sandbox, and then we got an extremely watered down version of H2 in the MCC Anniversary edition. Try this, take a buddy or two and play eachother splitscreen on a remastered single player mission in MCC and you'll realize what modern Halo is supposed to look like.

it's money in their pocket you know?

they were so obsessed with not "separating" the community and forcing their new halo down our throats they missed an opportunity to make more money

I think it would've brought back more fans

a lot of us moved on

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Whelp, time for a new controller. My left bumper where I naturally press it doesn't want to engage unless I press hard on it. I need a one anyway since my thumb sticks are worn down pretty bad, but I hate playing on new controllers.

do they not like money?

A Halo 3 remake might sound redundant to some, because it does hold up well in MCC, but it would have given Halo a spark in this drought between 5 and 6. Lots of people would be down to play a spruced up Halo 3. I'm guessing they're gonna announce a different holdover game this year, whether it's VR, a Battle Royale or whatever, but I doubt whatever they release would get as much buzz as a Halo 3 remaster.

A Halo 3 remake might sound redundant to some, because it does hold up well in MCC, but it would have given Halo a spark in this drought between 5 and 6. Lots of people would be down to play a spruced up Halo 3. I'm guessing they're gonna announce a different holdover game this year, whether it's VR, a Battle Royale or whatever, but I doubt whatever they release would get as much buzz as a Halo 3 remaster.

Halo 3 remaster will be campaign only, but they'll sell a few maps to be played in MP a few months later and for a smallish fee.

Man I just watched the halo 4 forge parody video. I still think that thing was genius.

So I was watching the Braves/Nationals game (on MLB network), and it ended right as I went to this site.

The announcers a few seconds later as this site loaded said that the game lasted 3 hours and 43 minutes.

So how's your day been Team Beyond?

So how's your day been Team Beyond?

I've spent my night reading some messed up shit on Reddit and now I can't sleep.

Other than that, my day has been good.

I've spent my night reading some messed up shit on Reddit and now I can't sleep.

Other than that, my day has been good.

link

I don't mind when people say they like a game. People are different and thats fine, different strokes for different folks and all that. But when someone says Halo 4 or Halo 5 are good it annoys me a bit. How can anyone honestly say Halo 4 is good. 

Your population doesn't drop this much this quickly if your game is good.

ObFnbQh.png

Or whenever someone regurgitates the classic "Halo 5 had the best player retention since Halo 3!!!111!!"

That doesn't tell us shit. Halo Reach could've had awful fucking player retention compared to Halo 3's stellar retention, so Halo 5's player retention is still shit, its just been PR'd and you bought it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still never understood why Halo CE and Halo 2 never got their multiplayer components remastered like their campaigns did.  Instead we got a few H1 maps in Reach's sandbox, and then we got an extremely watered down version of H2 in the MCC Anniversary edition.  Try this, take a buddy or two and play eachother splitscreen on a remastered single player mission in MCC and you'll realize what modern Halo is supposed to look like.

remastered CE hngggasm

the h2a multiplayer would've been fantastic without hitmarkers and midship

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hi OT of GD, long time no see

• Upvote (+1) 2

I submitted my leave form today to go to @@Devilman's VA Beach LAN on Memorial Day weekend. Gonna get some more casting practice in and go get better at the best Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4