Finally beat the Witcher 3

I was planning of booting up TW3 today since I never finished it but I couldn't get Steam to detect my controller so I gave up. Turned on my XB1 for the first time in a while and see they changed the UI for the 50th time and it still sucks. I'm gonna give the games pass a try and play Gears Judgement and 4. Never got around to them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Finally beat the Witcher 3

Congrats on beating the tutorial. Let me know how your six New Game+’s go!
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I was planning of booting up TW3 today since I never finished it but I couldn't get Steam to detect my controller so I gave up. Turned on my XB1 for the first time in a while and see they changed the UI for the 50th time and it still sucks. I'm gonna give the games pass a try and play Gears Judgement and 4. Never got around to them.

Thinking about getting game pass for Sea of Thieves. I completely agree the XB1 UI is bad and it changes way too often. Drives me nuts.  They need a simple UI that is fast. Shouldn't be that hard.   

I've played it enough as is.  I am not doing a Game +.  I MAY get the DLCs.  but that's a big may. 

I've played it enough as is.  I am not doing a Game +.  I MAY get the DLCs.  but that's a big may. 

Wait, you said you beat the Witcher 3 and didn't get the DLCs?

OH LORD.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wait, you said you beat the Witcher 3 and didn't get the DLCs?

OH LORD.

How big are they?

How big are they?

Hearts of Stone is kinda lengthy but you'll finish the main story stuff pretty quick. Blood and Wine is fucking huge - I felt like I was robbing CDPR for getting it at the price I did. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hearts of Stone is kinda lengthy but you'll finish the main story stuff pretty quick. Blood and Wine is fucking huge - I felt like I was robbing CDPR for getting it at the price I did. 

Just asked a friend at work and y'all have convinced me it was worth the money.  It looks like both DLCs are total of $30 right now on steam.  Gonna put em on the wish list and wait for a probable sell. 

Can you play the DLCs with your final character from the base game?  I fiinished at level 33.9.  I was wanting to keep leveling higher. 

Just asked a friend at work and y'all have convinced me it was worth the money.  It looks like both DLCs are total of $30 right now on steam.  Gonna put em on the wish list and wait for a probable sell. 

Can you play the DLCs with your final character from the base game?  I fiinished at level 33.9.  I was wanting to keep leveling higher.

30 bucks is a steal - well worth it. CDPR is an example of how DLCs should be - honestly puts almost every other game to shame. 

Yeah, you can play the DLCs with your final character. Blood & Wine actually introduces new ways to make Geralt stronger. I can't remember the level requirements to start the story content but I think for both Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine, if you've beat the main game's story, you can start them.

30 bucks is a steal - well worth it. CDPR is an example of how DLCs should be - honestly puts almost every other game to shame. 

Yeah, you can play the DLCs with your final character. Blood & Wine actually introduces new ways to make Geralt stronger. I can't remember the level requirements to start the story content but I think for both Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine, if you've beat the main game's story, you can start them.

Sweet.  And I actually just found the Expansion pass and it has both for $25.  Excited to have more content.  Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077 new at E3.  Hope it shares the quality of the Witcher 3. 

This guy I work with played through the game like 4 times. I don't know how he can do it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Solo-queuing in Halo: Reach is basically the most frustrating experience in the franchise.

I'm generally a pretty good player, so good that the game always puts the 3 worst players in any given lobby on my team.

I just can't handle how atrocious it is.

Is there anything more stupid than being about to "start playing" a game as you're downloading, but you can't do anything besides sit in the main menu? Why even let me start the game?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is there anything more stupid than being about to "start playing" a game as you're downloading, but you can't do anything besides sit in the main menu? Why even let me start the game?

Hate devs that do this. Respect to the devs who actually tell you when it’s ready to play and you can actually fucking play.

It’s dumb, yes, but it’s a problem for like less than an hour and then it’s gone forever.

It’s dumb, yes, but it’s a problem for like less than an hour and then it’s gone forever.

That completely depends on how big the game is and how fast you download it.

How long has COD released a new game every year and when will people start to get bored of it?

I don't understand how people don't.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can someone remind me of whose fault Bloom was?

IIRC it was Sage Merill, but I'm not sure.

Can someone remind me of whose fault Bloom was?

IIRC it was Sage Merill, but I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure it was him. A lot of Reach's stuff was influenced by Shadowrun and he was responsible for weapon and magic balance on that game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sage or Josh Hamrick. I remember Hamrick catching a lot of flak on the MLG forums back in the day but I can't remember what for. It was probably Sage though, he was lead sandbox designer and he's on the record in the beta ViDoc as saying that he doesn't want weapons in the game that are useful in all situations as that makes the game "dull". Hence Reach's lack of an effective utility weapon until bloom got removed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How long has COD released a new game every year and when will people start to get bored of it?

I don't understand how people don't.

its the same people who buy the new yearly sports game

I've loved Google for like...ever.  Been buying Android since the Droid 1 came out, got lots of Nexus phones.

Bought the Google Pixel 1 when it came out a year ago, was so stoked that Google finally had their own premium product that I bought it straight from their store.  Paid $1180 for it all up front.

Started endlessly bootlooping last Monday, 2 months out of warranty.  They continually insist that they can't do anything about it although I know that's not the case.  They sent me to authorized repair shops (nearest was an hour away), they couldn't fix it. Sent me to another repair shop (half an hour past that one, about 75 miles out at this point) who tells me that the fucking motherboard is bad.  

Told me it's $650 to buy a new motherboard from Google and install it.  I call Google and say I'm not paying an additional $650 on top of the initial $1180 phone that's only a fucking year old.  A motherboard failure, on a smartphone.  Talked to like 4 different supervisors who eventually forwarded me to THEIR manager.

Said they're not willing to do anything for me but "They value my business!"

I literally despise Google.

• Upvote (+1) 2

authorized repair shops

I'm assuming you've already considered it, but considering your warranty is already expired, I would just recommend asking for a second opinion from local, "unauthorized" but trustworthy repair places as well, if 650$ is out of the question. There's reason to distrust repair places with contractual obligations to the people who made your phone in the first place.

Bought the Google Pixel 1 when it came out a year ago, was so stoked that Google finally had their own premium product that I bought it straight from their store.  Paid $1180 for it all up front.

At some point somebody's gotta explain this whole "thousand dollar phone" thing to me (not calling you out specifically, many people in my life have done the same thing). Buying a beefy $1000 PC has a lot of utility and benefits, I get that. A current gen-console with accessories that total up to $1000? Sure, there's value in entertainment. A $1000 phone? Back in 2015, my old phone broke and a friend sold me their iPhone 5S for relatively cheap. I figured I'd just keep it around until it either broke or became unusable, and then go back to Android. The only issue is that the damned thing won't die. I've still got it. All the apps I need or want run great. The battery is obviously not what it used to be, but considering the expected lifespan of lithium batteries, its doing fine. The benefits of a brand new phone are really lost on me, save for higher quality cameras and also perhaps performance benefits in testing if you spend a good portion of your waking life in Android Studio. Its just too easy to imagine a situation like yours or worse, and think "why even bother?".