You ain't missed anything just yet it's a staggered release not all at once.

unless those names were freed up and already taken lol

also when i noticed some xbox gt's don't exist but I can't take them, says they're taken when there's no profile for them and one even has his name changed to something cooler (guessing he got a cool name today but i can't take his old one!)

also when i noticed some xbox gt's don't exist but I can't take them, says they're taken when there's no profile for them and one even has his name changed to something cooler (guessing he got a cool name today but i can't take his old one!)

That means that it will be 100% available to be taken sometime today I think.

Nah.

Lets say someone wants the gamertag Waffles. If someone already have Waff LES, that makes Waffles unavailable. 

I ran into something similar today with "A Moa" and "The Moa". Both variants were reserved, implying it was taken but no one owned those tags but turns out "AMoa" and "TheMoa" were taken.

"Stacked" probably getting released and i can't get it because i have never payed for Gold  :salt:

Hows this work? I haven't played xbox in a few years (been thinking about it recently) but I def had active gold a lot when I played. Could I get one of these names if I bought gold? Or would my account had to have been gold since May 2015 to be eligible?

Hows this work? I haven't played xbox in a few years (been thinking about it recently) but I def had active gold a lot when I played. Could I get one of these names if I bought gold? Or would my account had to have been gold since May 2015 to be eligible?

Need to have had gold for at least a year.

This is what it says:

e will start releasing nearly one million Gamertags to our valued Xbox Live Gold customers with active subscriptions and at least 1 year of cumulative Xbox Live Gold tenure.

Nah.

Lets say someone wants the gamertag Waffles. If someone already have Waff LES, that makes Waffles unavailable. 

I ran into something similar today with "A Moa" and "The Moa". Both variants were reserved, implying it was taken but no one owned those tags but turns out "AMoa" and "TheMoa" were taken.

well for the last one i mentioned, going to the profile on xbox takes me to someone with a different gamertag that's even better. 

As for another one, just tried a 4 letter one like "work, w ork, wo rk, wor k, wo rk, and w o r k. All didn't except except w o r k which has the name fluffymcfluffcat now with 0 gamerscore.

tho, i don't doubt what u said is a thing. I've played games that had the same issue. My friend was going to be x------x and i was going to be x----x, but since I took x----x he couldn't get his. And other games where x-----x was available, if you took x-x, you could no longer take it, but if you took x----x first you could still get x-x. 

edit: just tried two more... and what you said could be true lol. tried o4 and oh4, both are available, but oh 4 and o 4 are currently in use. 

Need to have had gold for at least a year.

This is what it says:

Yes I saw that post. So could I buy gold and change my tag or not?

"and at least 1 year of cumulative Xbox Live Gold tenure"

this implies you need at least 1 year of time on your account at any given time, no? to help eliminate squatting on a tag with a cheap/free promo gold account. To later (more than likely) sell.

If they said "active subscriptions of at least 1 year", of being the key word, then that would mean only accounts with gold since at least may 18th 2015 would be eligible.

Am I miss interpreting their wording? My account before stopping had like 3-4 years of gold on it.

Yes I saw that post. So could I buy gold and change my tag or not?

"and at least 1 year of cumulative Xbox Live Gold tenure"

this implies you need at least 1 year of time on your account at any given time, no? to help eliminate squatting on a tag with a cheap/free promo gold account. To later (more than likely) sell.

If they said "active subscriptions of at least 1 year", of being the key word, then that would mean only accounts with gold since at least may 18th 2015 would be eligible.

Am I miss interpreting their wording?

u rite

?

My post above lol

Ah. Not sure how it works, sadly. I thought it was continuous membership.

Think you could tweet some xbox peeps to try and find out? :kappa:

Think you could tweet some xbox peeps to try and find out? :kappa:

@XboxSupport pls

No it doesnt have to be continuous . It just has to be a 1 beside ur GT in all them circles. Mine has 7, because Ive had it seven years.

0de2aeee2614e817f4c3d703b7bf2ab3.png

What is really stupid is you can reserve a GT. Basically, if you search the Gamertag and "claim it", its reserved for you, for one month until you decide to pay for it.

I contacted xbox to ask about a GT I wanted, the girl told me a guy searched it before me thus he reserved it, but he hasnt used it yet which is why its not associated to a account

So basically ive to keep checking to see does he actually take it or not ......

• Upvote (+1) 1

I tried forever to get just "Chroma" because it had defaulted to a goofy gamertag, and I stepped away for maybe 10 minutes and came back to try again and someone already claimed it :(

So I said screw it and went with a totally different name. Some people got incredibly lucky with their new tags..I saw someone got Naughty, which is pretty awesome.

I keep lagging out of h5 and only h5. Is that an issue in their end?

r u on twc

In case anyone is interested, there's a petition going around to legitimize all eSports as sports so international players can easily obtain P1 Visas and travel to the US. The petition has been bouncing around the CS/Smash/SF communities for a bit and is only ~9k votes away from earning a response from the White House.

Link:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/uscis-should-recognize-all-esports-legitimate-sports-so-international-players-can-come-us-p1-visas

EDIT: We reached 100k!!! Thanks for everyone that signed. A big step in the right direction

• Upvote (+1) 3

In case anyone is interested, there's a petition going around to legitimize all eSports as sports so international players can easily obtain P1 Visas and travel to the US. The petition has been bouncing around the CS/Smash/SF communities for a bit and is only ~9k votes away from earning a response from the White House.

Link:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/uscis-should-recognize-all-esports-legitimate-sports-so-international-players-can-come-us-p1-visas

EDIT: We reached 100k!!! Thanks for everyone that signed. A big step in the right direction

finally hit the front page of dota2 and csgo, which in turn hit the front page of all. really pushed it ahead.