We made a montage for Monday Night Combat in honor of our awesome MNC friend who passed away last year around this time. It's music was written and performed by a community member and the montage was edited by one. Based of the feedback I've gotten, the montage is very confusing to people who haven't played the game but we're still pretty proud of it.

What's awesome is that the Developers are uploading it to their youtube channel for us. That #DevSupport Yo. I'll link it whenever it's uploaded and hopefully you guys enjoy it but I'm sure most will be confused.

Thats awesome. How gaming communities should be

Speedrun update. Second run I got too excited and finished my splits way too early and just got upset and rage quit:

fc3ad4a1531a26e898a8afec56bf32cf.png

Ended up saving a few minutes. Going to start watching the WR video and write down notes. Maybe by tomorrow night have a run up on my Twitch highlights or Youtube channel. Would be really cool if you guys follow me on twitch. Really intend on making this a thing. SGDQ 2016 here I come  :kappa:

@

Everything good with you now?

Wait what was wrong to begin with lol. Appreciate the concern though

If any of you guys are curious about re-watching any games you missed during AGDQ, I would honestly recommend watching this Animorphs run lmao. This was the best/funniest "bad" run I've ever seen during an AwfulGDQ block. Absolutely hilarious. I would recommend having the re-chat Google Chrome extension.

We made a montage for Monday Night Combat in honor of our awesome MNC friend who passed away last year around this time. It's music was written and performed by a community member and the montage was edited by one. Based of the feedback I've gotten, the montage is very confusing to people who haven't played the game but we're still pretty proud of it.

What's awesome is that the Developers are uploading it to their youtube channel for us. That #DevSupport Yo. I'll link it whenever it's uploaded and hopefully you guys enjoy it but I'm sure most will be confused.

Sad to hear to someone go. Who was it?

And Link please ?

SF5 or Ultra?

How do does combos and links feel compared to Ultra? I think I heard that each character has a certain combo that you can pretty much dial in. Dudley has some combos like that in Ultra I'm pretty sure.

The open Beta for Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 starts on Jan 14 and ends Jan 18.

SF5 or Ultra?

How do does combos and links feel compared to Ultra? I think I heard that each character has a certain combo that you can pretty much dial in. Dudley has some combos like that in Ultra I'm pretty sure.

They're pretty easy. I've been practicing Nash right now because I think I'm going to make him my main, but I've been practicing Ryu over the past couple of days to try and practice links and everything feels a lot easier on this game. Like it's not baby level easy, but significantly easier that SF4 for sure. Ryu has some pretty ridiculously damaging BnB's. Same with Karin (friend plays her against me, I hate getting punished by her now lol).

• Upvote (+1) 1

They're pretty easy. I've been practicing Nash right now because I think I'm going to make him my main, but I've been practicing Ryu over the past couple of days to try and practice links and everything feels a lot easier on this game. Like it's not baby level easy, but significantly easier that SF4 for sure. Ryu has some pretty ridiculously damaging BnB's. Same with Karin (friend plays her against me, I hate getting punished by her now lol).

Everyone should have a Ryu. He IS street fighter and will help transition to pretty much any character.

I've been trying to get out of my comfort zone for awhile now. Started with charge characters and are still my bestcharacters. So I usually practice with Ryu the most(well since the beginning ive practiced with Ryu).

I really like Karin's moves. They look so good. Bison looks better in 5. I don't like his walk speed tho. I like his footsies in 4. But you're back crouching with Bison most of the time anyways.

And I'm not a big fan of Nash (his look anyways), but his moves look sick.

That's kind of good I guess. Gotta worry more about footsies more if people are less likely to drop a combo. Tho I do enjoy the the tight timing in SF4. Adds that much more skill gap.

It's not Marvel3 or Tekken easy tho?

Everyone should have a Ryu. He IS street fighter and will help transition to pretty much any character.

I've been trying to get out of my comfort zone for awhile now. Started with charge characters and are still my bestcharacters. So I usually practice with Ryu the most(well since the beginning ive practiced with Ryu).

I really like Karin's moves. They look so good. Bison looks better in 5. I don't like his walk speed tho. I like his footsies in 4. But you're back crouching with Bison most of the time anyways.

And I'm not a big fan of Nash (his look anyways), but his moves look sick.

That's kind of good I guess. Gotta worry more about footsies more if people are less likely to drop a combo. Tho I do enjoy the the tight timing in SF4. Adds that much more skill gap.

It's not Marvel3 or Tekken easy tho?

Yeah I've been maining Ken since ST/Third Strike (with a pocket DeeJay for stupid ass Blanka and Guile -- You damn charge characters! :P) so the fundamentals are 100% necessary. Like you though, I'm moving out of my comfort zone and trying to play more characters. I personally think Ken sucks in this game besides his Hurricane kick.

If I'm not mistaken, a lot of top players like LPN who I believe is playing Bison now has said that his normals are just really good. I haven't tried him yet though.

I'm liking Nash for his good pressure and mixup potential if played properly. 

But no, unless you play C Viper or something in MvC3, they're definitely harder than MvC3.

-------

Edit: Laura is hella good in this game too. You can combo into her grab super. It's so stupid haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

SF5 or Ultra?

SFV is easier for sure when it comes to combos. However, people are figuring out combos that need to bypass the 3f buffer (by walking forward mainly) and the execution of those seem ot be a bit harder. 

You mean target combos, practically most characters in 5 have target combos that do some decent damage (Ryus TC is decent) 

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are three Moderators on right now, there are three sides to a triangle.

Illuminati confirmed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude.. You literally have zero idea how heated I've been all day lol. One of my friends just hopped online that actually likes talking about "space" stuff with me and I'm kind of venting to him right now to calm down lmao.. My god I've never had so many questions deferred by dumbasses in one day.

literally feel like Gandhi after The Great Debate with Boss Nasti right now lol. Like, my brain needs to reset to equilibrium before it explodes with so much stupidity. 

Plenty of logical people support the flat Earth theory

https://twitter.com/AngelTilaLove/status/685244868524769280

https://twitter.com/AngelTilaLove/status/685236002743431168

I know its just because of a speed run for charity. But seeing this just blew my mind lol

40478b306560df38e0ca92c24e2aecc4.pngd

I saw Pokemon Blue up there today too.

Yeah I've been maining Ken since ST/Third Strike (with a pocket DeeJay for stupid ass Blanka and Guile -- You damn charge characters! :P) so the fundamentals are 100% necessary. Like you though, I'm moving out of my comfort zone and trying to play more characters. I personally think Ken sucks in this game besides his Hurricane kick.

If I'm not mistaken, a lot of top players like LPN who I believe is playing Bison now has said that his normals are just really good. I haven't tried him yet though.

I'm liking Nash for his good pressure and mixup potential if played properly. 

But no, unless you play C Viper or something in MvC3, they're definitely harder than MvC3.

-------

Edit: Laura is hella good in this game too. You can combo into her grab super. It's so stupid haha.

I play bottom tier Honda tho. I use Bison to deal with gimmicks. Ryu is my main motion character. Has been since day 1. 

Yeah i was watching some Maximilian videos and saw him talking about how Ken isn't that great. That Ryu is pretty much better at everything Ken does. 

Yeah i heard Bison is really strong in SF5 which is really nice to hear. I don't really like going top tier, but he's a character i already like so that'd be nice if he stayed top tier. 

Yeah Nash looks like he'll be pretty good. His teleports and sonic booms(whatever they're called)

As long as they're not all being dialed in and have some form of timing. 

SFV is easier for sure when it comes to combos. However, people are figuring out combos that need to bypass the 3f buffer (by walking forward mainly) and the execution of those seem ot be a bit harder. 

You mean target combos, practically most characters in 5 have target combos that do some decent damage (Ryus TC is decent) 

What do you think tho? Ultra or SF5? 

Yeah target combos. It;s kind of nice that everyone has those to be honest. They deal high damage tho? Er? 

Emily Is Away is completely F2P. No harmful MTs or anything.

It's a throwback to AIM (if you're old enough to remember that) and the chase after some meaning/love.

It starts off slow, maybe slightly annoying given the gameplay mechanic, but man oh man, it makes you feel something.

You realize you actually feel things (I wont spoil it) and then it makes you reallllly feel things. 

It takes about 20 minutes to beat, I highly recommend it. 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/417860/

@@EagleBurn, since I know you like indies/games that take up less time these days.

What do you think tho? Ultra or SF5? 

Yeah target combos. It;s kind of nice that everyone has those to be honest. They deal high damage tho? Er? 

SFV easily. No crazy links for BnBs, no more Focus Attack, V-trigger system is great (finally a system that isn't completely universal like parry/Focus and different for every character), commitment is legit, Crush Counter mechanic is a cool new mechanic for SF, faster paced, higher damage, etc. 

Main issue I have with the game are some of the normals for the most part

They deal some good damage. Some characters use them so far for their BnBs but I'm not super sure for the most part. Still like TCs because they do some decent damage and are easy for newer players while higher leveled players will use more advanced stuff when the game keeps developing

• Upvote (+1) 1

Emily Is Away is completely F2P. No harmful MTs or anything.

It's a throwback to AIM (if you're old enough to remember that) and the chase after some meaning/love.

It starts off slow, maybe slightly annoying given the gameplay mechanic, but man oh man, it makes you feel something.

You realize you actually feel things (I wont spoil it) and then it makes you reallllly feel things. 

It takes about 20 minutes to beat, I highly recommend it. 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/417860/

@@EagleBurn, since I know you like indies/games that take up less time these days.

I wasn't a fan of how responses would be deleted for something I didn't choose to say. The conversation ended up ending in 2006. It definitely brought back a lot of AOL chat memories. I think it would have been better if the style was updated to myspace and then facebook though to keep up with the times. Fun game overall but Emily seemed like one emotional chick that I didn't want to deal with. Brad can have her.

I wasn't a fan of how responses would be deleted for something I didn't choose to say. The conversation ended up ending in 2006. It definitely brought back a lot of AOL chat memories. I think it would have been better if the style was updated to myspace and then facebook though to keep up with the times. Fun game overall but Emily seemed like one emotional chick that I didn't want to deal with. Brad can have her.

Lmao, I can def. agree with that.

It was just interesting how at some point I started to care, even just a little bit. lol

Uh, the thing with skype.

@Vetoed

what ever happened to halocharts coming back?