Fizzor

Starting a Ricochet League! Need teams.

A ricochet league sounds awesome, especially if it's focused on the BE community.

If I find some friends interested, then I will love to join.

Any plans for more maps or are you going to wait for the Ricochet playlist to come and see what they have?

coverup gametype for sub par ball mechanics becomes new flagship competitive gametype? i see it now!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Here are my thoughts:

Goals need to be slightly smaller

would love to test this out on a sanc remake with goals being either cuts or flag

respawn time needs to be increased from playlist time, I got an over and was still fighting 2 players

radar removed

multiple ball spawn points kept, i actually really like that

slayer pro loadouts with thruster AA and maybe a pistol secondary

in the playlist, it feels as though the points to win needs to be increased to 200, it feels like games can be over too quick

get rid of dynamic spawns on pit. I've had so many times where we've taken control of their side, throw the ball in, they spawn on our side grab ball and walk it in. That's a -30 point differential for the team that has control

That's all I can think of for now, but I might be back with more.

And yes, I am interested in this, already starting to form a team with Matclan

Any plans for more maps or are you going to wait for the Ricochet playlist to come and see what they have?

They already announced which maps would be in the Ricochet playlist when it launches.

dfb13f4b8b24fa692f8d51857b5550ee.png

They already announced which maps would be in the Ricochet playlist when it launches.

dfb13f4b8b24fa692f8d51857b5550ee.png

Monolith, Cool beans. The one gametype i never hated in this game was Monolith CTF, So i'm definitely down to play some of this on that map.

So there's going to be a grifball and ricochet playlist? lol

They'e completely different. Grifball is only played on what amounts to one map except in certain circumstances, and there are only 2 weapons.

Ricochet has more scoring options than Grifball and otherwise everything else native to typical gameplay counts (map/weapon control, advanced spawn manipulation, timing pushes around slaying & power weapons etc).

Besides, Grifball was just an Assault variant originally. It seems rather petty to be unable to take something seriously when it's just a variant of a gametype that you can take seriously. What's to say that Ricochet can't eventually be a comfortable replacement, or even improvement, to good old Assault? There's a very wide suite of options to tinker with, and by extension lots to test!

Monolith, Cool beans. The one gametype i never hated in this game was Monolith CTF, So i'm definitely down to play some of this on that map.

Won't ever come up because no one has the DLC. Gonna be stuck with Pit, Haven, Adrift and Solace lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im going to wait for now n see how it goes. 

Besides, Grifball was just an Assault variant originally.

It still baffles me how Grifball is in Halo 4, yet Assault didn't make the cut anymore.

Kevin Franklin just has too much power.

We can't do no throwing without modding the gametype, I believe. Also, I think throwing actually works in this gametype, and with a decreased movement speed for the ball carrier, should be just fine.

Smaller goals are a must though. And I was thinking maybe raising the goal off the floor a bit so that the ball cant roll in, but can still be scored by walking it in.

You can do no throwing without modding. I've done it. You need to do one or both of two things. Set the score by throwing the ball in game settings to none. And in forge edit the score zones. They have 2 labels at default, endzone and hoop. Remove the hoop label from the hill marker and it'll make it so you can throw the ball through the endzone with no effect. I've already made assault and edited several maps to play it including skyline, solace, mlg the pit, and a sanctuary inspired map. 

Throwing the ball is almost game breaking but I have it set so the ball carrier has no waypoint for the enemy to see him, so it creates a benefit to running the ball instead of chucking it across the map. I've played it in customs a couple times and it isn't bad. It feels different with the instant score and ball throwing but it is like a fast paced assault. 

You can do no throwing without modding. I've done it. You need to do one or both of two things. Set the score by throwing the ball in game settings to none. And in forge edit the score zones. They have 2 labels at default, endzone and hoop. Remove the hoop label from the hill marker and it'll make it so you can throw the ball through the endzone with no effect. I've already made assault and edited several maps to play it including skyline, solace, mlg the pit, and a sanctuary inspired map. 

Throwing the ball is almost game breaking but I have it set so the ball carrier has no waypoint for the enemy to see him, so it creates a benefit to running the ball instead of chucking it across the map. I've played it in customs a couple times and it isn't bad. It feels different with the instant score and ball throwing but it is like a fast paced assault. 

Well yeah, that would work if you still wanted teams to be able to throw the ball. I was talking about not being able to literally throw it. Score by throw is a whole different story.

Well yeah, that would work if you still wanted teams to be able to throw the ball. I was talking about not being able to literally throw it. Score by throw is a whole different story.

Oh okay, gotcha, sorry i misunderstood what you meant. I just posted a forum topic on the whole ricochet into assault. I know it isn't the same with ball throwing but it can still be fun. I enjoy it more than half court lebroning it on pitfall.

It still baffles me how Grifball is in Halo 4, yet Assault didn't make the cut anymore.

Kevin Franklin just has too much power.

PAXeast2013Goose+KevinFranklin.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2