Sign in to follow this  
SeamusTheWhale

Is Desprint a feasible idea for Halo?

So I'm all in favor for removing sprint from future Halo games and returning to the "classic" formula, but at the current I time I believe it would bad idea to remove it from Halo 4 right now due to the fact that maps are sooo much larger than they use to be. Removing sprint now would make gameplay sluggish on most maps and only work on small arena sized maps such as skyline. 

Recently I came up with an idea that I think in my opinion could solve the sprint dilemma. It's a concept I call "Desprint". It would work similarly to descope, when a player is shot while sprinting that player will be knocked out of sprint and can't resume sprinting until after a certain amount of time.This would take away a player's "get out of jail free card" when they try to run away from a fight and punish people who don't position themselves strategically on the map.

Hopefully this can solve the majority of our sprint related issue. 

Let me know if this could work or if I'm just making a fool out of myself.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's not feasible on a game-wide scale (in Halo 4), but it's definitely possible with mods. In fact, I think it could work with the same technique as the descope mod, but why even waste the effort if it's never going to be implemented anyway?

I like your "Desprint" idea actually. I mean not as much as i like the idea of removing sprint all together. But if sprint HAS to stay i think that's how it should function. You get shot, You stop sprinting entirely, And cannot sprint again for a few seconds.

I would rather be able to change my grenades again for all the Bumper jumper players out there.

If you dont know Bumper Jumper grenade switch was moved to the d pad for sprint and if i have an ordnance i cant switch grenades without dropping my ordnance 

People running away isn't the main problem with Sprint. The main problem is that if we remove Sprint, the maps are now too large and devoid of cover because of Sprint's addition in the first place. 

This may work for some of the smaller maps though, because I agree that it's ridiculously easy to get away on something like Adrift. Or worse, the guy who has mobility on and chases you across the map for a double pummel while your shields recharge.

I would rather be able to change my grenades again for all the Bumper jumper players out there.

If you dont know Bumper Jumper grenade switch was moved to the d pad for sprint and if i have an ordnance i cant switch grenades without dropping my ordnance 

Yea I scratched my head when I saw this the first time. It doesn't help that the Xbox's d-pad blows either and is in an overall inconvenient location. 

Yeah no sprint is better in general- just  up the movement speed to 125% or 120% if that can't be done.

But can this be done without me feeling like I'm ice skating? 

this is genius. But yah no sprint

what about when that player spawns bottom mid on a map and sprints to a better position in 3 seconds instead of having to work a bit harder and use more time to get a better position? There are more issues with sprint that players simply running away from you when you shoot them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't worry, in Halo 5, you can simply say to your Kinect, "Xbox, Switch grenade".  :gandhi:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Same for Recon, and that's even more of a slap in the face because that's default H3 scheme. hnnnng

Don't worry, in Halo 5, you can simply say to your Kinect, "Xbox, Switch grenade".  :gandhi:

Xbox four shot him and him Xbox find triple and snipe him No Problem

So I'm all in favor for removing sprint from future Halo games and returning to the "classic" formula, but at the current I time I believe it would bad idea to remove it from Halo 4 right now due to the fact that maps are sooo much larger than they use to be. Removing sprint now would make gameplay sluggish on most maps and only work on small arena sized maps such as skyline. 

Recently I came up with an idea that I think in my opinion could solve the sprint dilemma. It's a concept I call "Desprint". It would work similarly to descope, when a player is shot while sprinting that player will be knocked out of sprint and can't resume sprinting until after a certain amount of time.This would take away a player's "get out of jail free card" when they try to run away from a fight and punish people who don't position themselves strategically on the map.

Hopefully this can solve the majority of our sprint related issue. 

Let me know if this could work or if I'm just making a fool out of myself.

Hopefully 343i will notice the pattern, the less sprinting there is the better the game is.

Even though this idea does sound really good on paper, we shouldn't settle for anything lesser than no sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No map is too large for no sprint.

If Sandtrap worked without sprint, every map will work without sprint.