Sign in to follow this  
LeandroTrooper

Remakes from Halo 4 maps in the Next Halo.

Skyline, definitely. Meltdown and Exile are actually really good maps but I'm not too sure how many of you guys play BTB.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it'd be really nice if each new Halo game featured at least one or two remakes, at launch (and not Forged) of maps from previous games. These could be BTB, they could be 4v4, doesn't matter. I think that one, that'd make their job easier, two, it'd be a nice bit of nostalgia for us all, and last, it sort of gives older fans that initial familiar feeling. Like people complain about Sanctuary in Reach and that the meta was exhausted but like, that's not a bad thing to have that one map that people are familiar with and can play off the bat so you're not learning nothing but new stuff right away.

If I had to choose a map to be remade in the next Halo, I'd really like to see a new Narrows.

But I really think it'd be nice if the new game not only featured those remakes, but featured a disc version of a popular forge map. Like, imagine if Halo 5 featured a disc map version of Simplex, probably one of the most recognized and used 4v4 maps in Halo 4. Again, it makes their job easier and it gives us something familiar. Like Halo: Reach could have featured a disc version of Onslaught.

Excellent idea of remaking popular forge maps. A disc version of Simplex or Rail (on a 4v4 scale) would be great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven, Skyline, Abandon all play better w/o Sprint than with it.

I would still prefer remakes from Halo 2, because the maps were specifically made for no-sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know what, actually remake skyline (assuming Halo 5 has no sprint), specifically to show players who like sprint that it hurts maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Monolith. Maybe Skyline if they removed a ton of the lazy cover, otherwise the maps don't stand out at all compared to any other Halo. Reach had far better maps. Zealot is honestly a great map IMO.

I would still prefer remakes from Halo 2, because the maps were specifically made for no-sprint.

Agreed, was just pointing out some of H4's maps do actually play better without Sprint. :P

Skyline, definitely. Meltdown and Exile are actually really good maps but I'm not too sure how many of you guys play BTB.

Exile needs to have some stuff shifted around first, like the spawn of the Tank. Move that to the middle of the map instead of favouring red side and of course, both teams get equal hogs like now.

Everytime in Halo 3 where BRs Guardian, The Pit or Construct was chosen I was so excited to play, no Halo 4 map does this.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I enjoy Haven, and that is honestly about it for 4 vs. 4 Map's, but Longbow, Vortex, Meltdown, Shatter, all have good designs overall for BTB, with Longbow, and Vortex being the ones lacking the most due to their Center High Ground Structure's needing some improvements. Haven also needs some improvements, but I feel it is the most solid Map as far as what Halo 4 has offered us for the On-Disc experience.

As far as DLC Map's, I feel Monolith, Skyline, Shatter, can also be seen as good Map Designs, for the most part, but they all have obvious flaws as well.

Sword Base. :kappa:

Ok, Ok, with the exception of Sword Base and a few others, Reach had better maps. But H4 has Adrift, Complex, yea, you get what I'm saying.

I'll say that one thing that was great about H3/HR was its BTB maps felt like BTB maps. They felt epic and felt like they had purpose. H4's honestly feel like they are just enormous for the sake of being enormous, or for sprint, one or the other.

I'd rather see Onslaught from Halo 3 made into a map.

I enjoyed it but I'd personally prefer to see maps that are harder to replicate in Forge such as HeH, Prisoner etc. 

Onslaught is a very basic map to Forge, although a cool idea that I doubt 343 will implement in H5 is you could Forge a map, send it to 343 and they could convert it into a Dev made map so it has better aesthetics/no frame rate lag etc (assuming it has enough popularity amongst the community that want it in their playlist/s).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate all the BTB maps but that might just be because of the terribleness that is H4 BTB.

Im bound to like at least one map if it is played on playable settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven and Skyline are prob the only ones that are decent enough. With the pit being h3 reach and now h4 it prob shouldn't make a return in h5. i mean the map is awesome, pit and midship are the 2 best halo maps ever. But you just need something new now.

But truthfully i could see a haven inspired type map. But that would be it. And it would be more likely to be dlc. Big team maps are each unique enough none of them should ever be remade less like a blood gulch. I seriously don't expect any map from h4 outside of haven to make a return in h5. 

I think they should sway away from remakes and make maps inspired by other maps. Like if you combined countdown and construct you could have an awesome map. No more lockout, it was good in h2, hasn't been good since. I would really like to see a midship and a wizard inspired map. There are a lot of good maps. And i think 343 should take the basic layouts and tweak them to make them different. But if halo 5 was advertised as having like midship and guardian remakes at launch it would be great. 

I enjoyed it but I'd personally prefer to see maps that are harder to replicate in Forge such as HeH, Prisoner etc. 

Onslaught is a very basic map to Forge, although a cool idea that I doubt 343 will implement in H5 is you could Forge a map, sent it to 343 and they could convert it into a Dev made map so it has better aesthetics/no frame rate lag etc (assuming it has enough popularity amongst the community that want it in their playlist/s).

*cough* Guardian *cough*

But in all seriousness, I am serious.

Only the remakes in H4 should be remade in H5.

Ragnarok, Pitfall, Onyx.

Except no mantis on Ragnarok. Honestly, vehicle play ruined most of Halo 4's maps for me.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Exile is fun until it gets picked 20 times in row in BTB.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Exile is fun until it gets picked 20 times in row in BTB.

And Halo 4 is fun until iSlayer gets picked 20 times in a row and players constantly join and quit.

On topic - Skyline and and spiritual successor to Haven (needs better verticality management.)

Everytime in Halo 3 where BRs Guardian, The Pit or Construct was chosen I was so excited to play, no Halo 4 map does this.

^This. And the only map I'd bother with is Pitfall, and frankly a (new) direct remake of The Pit would be better. 

Why hasn't Construct been remade? It was such a fun map. It it because jetpacks? Just fucking disable jetpack on it. Script a sentenel to come blast you if you use one or something... lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Complex, Meltdown, Landfall, Perdition.

4 remakes would be too much, but I wouldn't mind seeing two of those come back at some point. Landfall is pretty flexible from 2v2-6v6 and the other three are solid BTB maps (3 site Extraction on Complex & Perdition is just too good).