Hunter

Old School Runescape Thread

Hello everybody, I don't post very often on this site and this is my first post in this thread in general. I've played RS off and on since 2004. I've been playing on an account for the last year on these new settings they've implemented. Due to the craving for the nostalgic feel and the fact that old RS is just simply better in my biased opinion, I'd like to switch but don't know how and I'd also like to know if there are going to be any types of repercussions for switching? Will I lose any items or anything? 

Hello everybody, I don't post very often on this site and this is my first post in this thread in general. I've played RS off and on since 2004. I've been playing on an account for the last year on these new settings they've implemented. Due to the craving for the nostalgic feel and the fact that old RS is just simply better in my biased opinion, I'd like to switch but don't know how and I'd also like to know if there are going to be any types of repercussions for switching? Will I lose any items or anything? 

No.

You just login and you start fresh on Old School. Your progress is completely separate from RuneScape 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ah man. I used to play RS so much back in the day, just got hit with a wave of nostalgia man. Those were days.

I don't play anymore, but the community made the game great. I remember videos like this from Maxboison, Vodka5, sosolid2k, and even Gross Gore. Shit man, I miss it.

random late night rant over

..everytime i come to this thread, makes me wanna play again.  but keep falling off the rs wagon after like...a week of playing.

as moa said, osrs and rs3 are separate games. you can use 1 account for both games, but you start from scratch on osrs. you cannot transfer stats or items, etc. you cannot play both games at the same time with 1 account though. if you'd like to play both at the same time i'd suggest making a new account for osrs.

..everytime i come to this thread, makes me wanna play again.  but keep falling off the rs wagon after like...a week of playing.

gotta set goals mate. the grind is fucking real lmao. i just recently hit 1900 total; grinding for the elite diaries. about to hit 91 fishing.

---

if any of yall play and wanna chat/have questions or w/e feel free to add me. rsn: dr j rustler. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

as moa said, osrs and rs3 are separate games. you can use 1 account for both games, but you start from scratch on osrs. you cannot transfer stats or items, etc. you cannot play both games at the same time with 1 account though. if you'd like to play both at the same time i'd suggest making a new account for osrs.

gotta set goals mate. the grind is fucking real lmao. i just recently hit 1900 total; grinding for the elite diaries. about to hit 91 fishing.

---

if any of yall play and wanna chat/have questions or w/e feel free to add me. rsn: dr j rustler. 

No.

You just login and you start fresh on Old School. Your progress is completely separate from RuneScape 3.

Thanks, much appreciated fellas.

Yeah every once in a while I come back, but never for more than 2 months at the most.

Just downloaded the game, I haven't played RS3 yet, kind of want to start a new account to re-learn the game.

I just watched a video on RS3 and holy moly does this look over whelming.

Just downloaded the game, I haven't played RS3 yet, kind of want to start a new account to re-learn the game.

www.oldschool.runescape.com

:fire:

rs3 is at first, but once you learn it then it's really not that bad. 

i'd honestly recommend playing both versions of the game if you're able to. lots of people like to hate on rs3, but it's still a good game in my opinion. 

I tried to play old school when it first came out; I find the nostalgic memories are usually best left alone.

rs3 is at first, but once you learn it then it's really not that bad. 

i'd honestly recommend playing both versions of the game if you're able to. lots of people like to hate on rs3, but it's still a good game in my opinion.

I don't think I could play both at the same time.

If I'm gonna play I'd rather commit to just one, it's gonna be a bit of a learning curve getting back into it at all let alone learning RS3.

I tried to play old school when it first came out; I find the nostalgic memories are usually best left alone.

I don't think I could play both at the same time.

If I'm gonna play I'd rather commit to just one, it's gonna be a bit of a learning curve getting back into it at all let alone learning RS3.

i see. i just recommend trying both because eventually the grind will get real, and it's fun to do something else while, say, fishing or some boring shit. 

if you do find it all too much, there is also a legacy layout that looks similar to old scape as well as legacy combat mode. these can ease your way into the game i suppose, but i would suggest starting off with the revolution combat mode and just have fun trying things out. people bash on the eoc combat, but it's got a lot of improvements over the years and is very solid and fun, in my opinion.

Nice to see this game hasn't changed at all since I left

Untitled.jpg

sick 15k/hr rates. too good to pass up m8.