Hunter

Old School Runescape Thread

that took a lot of addy arrows lol

I have these dragon bones banked but idk how far it will get me from 46 pray

b89b7818c484975a162c5e49a57ebbc4.png

I think I need to wait until my construction is a high level so I can use a gilded altar.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I miss this game. Sometimes I want to play again, but then I think about the amount of grinding I'd have to do again and that just sounds poopy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I need to wait until my construction is a high level so I can use a gilded altar.

For smaller numbers like that I'd ecto the bones. Its slower than using a gilded altar but its more XP per bone IIRC

• Upvote (+1) 2

I miss this game. Sometimes I want to play again, but then I think about the amount of grinding I'd have to do again and that just sounds poopy.

this is me

every

single 

time

• Upvote (+1) 2

The early game of runescape is insanely fun. I had the most fun on my ironman at the very start. I ended up making him my main lol.

just use ecto. you dont even got to do it manually anymore

if you really just want to pvm/pvp you can buy an account on playerauctions. 

if you really just want to pvm/pvp you can buy an account on playerauctions. 

Ehhh, I don't think I want to pay to play this game, ha.

I like my memories in tact.

Once they started doing bonds and the GE I stopped playing. I wanted to play old Runescape, not RS3 minus EOC and most of the P2W stuff.

I recently tried logging in but couldn't I had my password and info written down so I wasn't sure why. I tried recovering my account and thought I would get it back no problem since I had all my recovery questions, old passwords and even CC info from when I was a member but for some stupid reason it got denied which is BS because I recovered accounts on much less. I appealed again earlier and even dug up my transaction date for membership and everything.

Once they started doing bonds and the GE I stopped playing. I wanted play old Runescape, not RS3 minus EOC and most of the P2W stuff.

I recently tried logging in but couldn't I had my password and info written down so I wasn't sure why. I tried recovering my account and thought I would get it back no problem since I had all my recovery questions, old passwords and even CC info from when I was a member but for some stupid reason it got denied which is BS because I recovered accounts on much less. I appealed again earlier and even dug up my transaction date for membership and everything.

bonds dont affect how you play though. GE was needed because 9/10 players were just trying to scam you, zybez was being used to find IPs of players and was plagued with price manipulation. Trading was just a nightmare before GE. And trading is such a small part of the game.

Though that recovery thing is bullshit

Good they actually accepted it this time. I gave them everything short of my damn home address.

Also as someone who has played Runescape on and off for 11 years, I will never prefer having the GE even if it is more convenient. It lets clans and even Jagex screw with the prices too much and makes prices of things go down in general. Bonds are just a form of RWT but since Jagex gets the money its apparently okay. You can just buy the bonds and sell them for gold.

Oh yeah and I figured out what happened to my fucking account

Untitled.jpg

Good thing I don't really care about playing anymore. At least it's not banned for botting.

I probably would have stopped playing if it wasn't for the Grand Exchange. 

It was just a fucking mess trying to sell and buy shit, especially with the auction house shit they added. Put up offer, pray the player is online and still wants to sell it, hop worlds, get there, oh it's sold.

I felt like the osrs community never really wrapped their heads around trading without a GE along with the reduced population making it more difficult. It was always hard to find things compared to 04/05/06/07 in World 2 Falador park.

I probably would have stopped playing if it wasn't for the Grand Exchange. 

It was just a fucking mess trying to sell and buy shit, especially with the auction house shit they added. Put up offer, pray the player is online and still wants to sell it, hop worlds, get there, oh it's sold.

I'm the opposite. I am not a fan of the GE at all. It's why I have an ironman.

I'm the opposite. I am not a fan of the GE at all. It's why I have an ironman.

I was usually the kind of person that just went and got what I needed myself instead of trying to trade for it anyway.

One of my favorite things to do were Clue Scrolls. I still have most of my rewards screenshotted: http://postimg.org/gallery/3if5cq7em/

Best thing I ever got were Ranger Boots and then a Robin like 2 clues after.

Did anyone here get involved in 2006scape (RSPS) before OSRS? The owner got 30k in donations and then it was "shut down by Jagex".

Did anyone here get involved in 2006scape (RSPS) before OSRS? The owner got 30k in donations and then it was "shut down by Jagex".

I logged into it for all of 5 minutes. Shit was getting slammed hard because of the demand. 

I'm happy it happened because if it didn't become as popular as it did, Jagex wouldn't have seen the demand for an old version of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I did but stopped when I realized it wasn't going anywhere and sooner or later would die. It was ran by idiots.

it was really shut down by jagex tho. idk where the donations went. You don't just hype shit up for over a year, make hella progress for a game, pay for a server, just to scam people lol.

it was fun af but mods/devs couldnt handle the power. People were getting banned for afking and picking up duped gold/items. 

it was really shut down by jagex tho. idk where the donations went. You don't just hype shit up for over a year, make hella progress for a game, pay for a server, just to scam people lol.

it was fun af but mods/devs couldnt handle the power. People were getting banned for afking and picking up duped gold/items. 

Ehh there wasn't hella progess--at least gameplay wise, Pre Alpha was pretty broken. I mean like you said the ability to dupe itself is game changing. Banning for AFK is indeed extreme. Community wise 100%, probably one of the biggest P servers ever. But I do agree the claim Vault scammed everybody is a bit extreme--he offered people their money back.

Ehh there wasn't hella progess. Pre Alpha was pretty broken. But I do agree the claim Vault scammed everybody is a bit extreme--he offered people their money back.

compared to every other private server it was loads better than anything before it. RS in 2006 is still a huge game. 

compared to every other private server it was loads better than anything before it. RS in 2006 is still a huge game. 

I agree it was dope as fuck, was hyped for that almost as much as the wildy's return in 2011. 

Decided to do Cerberus today. Entered with 50m bank including items. Logged off with 115m cash stack full bandos and a Zammy Hasta plus the original bank. It was a good day.