Sign in to follow this  
PenguIndiana

Would Bloom for the BR be...

Nah, I understand that it contradicts itself. How bout this, the H4 BR is inconsistent as all hell and can't hit the broad side of a barn past 50 meters, let alone get a 4 shot, and therefore is uncompetitive, and bloom would not help it at all?

The H4 BR is extremely easy. I agree with you on the range but 4shotting with the H4 BR is pretty easy unless your target is running away.

Unless this was just an example sentence explaining your point to the other poster lol.

-Lose Bloom

-Lose Spread

-Decrease rate of fire

-Decrease aim assist

+Add Recoil

+Adjust red reticle range/scope size

I think there are ways to balance primaries without making them random and frustrating to use.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is one of those ideas we should stay far away from, Bloom for Precision Weapon's, is a horrible mechanic for Halo. The Battle Rifle itself already has a lot of issues and Bloom as well, and its terrible Spread, and Recoil, drag the weapon down a lot.

For the sake of argument, what if the bloom wasn't attached to random spread?

• Quicker RoF at the expense of aim assist (overall reduction or removing range decrementally)
  • Shooting before the reset causes the gun to jam only getting the first bullet out with the same animation time as the full burst - general punishment but gives players a choice of doing extra damage instantly (for the headshot?)

It has a spread and recoil. There is no need to add a bloom mechanic. They should tighten the spread and significantly reduce the aim assist or even the red reticule range.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We're just stuck with a utility rifle identity crisis right now.

The DMR was the Shadowrun Rifle which was brought to Halo trying to emulate it's idea in Halo's setting. It didn't work and was balanced improperly. Since we have multiple functioning utility rifles, why not decrease the bullet magnetism and auto aim strength significantly on the DRM, increase the bloom drastically, give it headshot damage incentive, and make it two headshots to kill someone, or 2 body shots and a headshot.

increase of bloom would actually force players to pace and give players no chance at spamming. Headshot incentive creates depth in rifle fights and puts emphasis on aiming and headshots, while being difficult enough to the point where it takes skill to pull off.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get bloom, kick, flinch etc all removed. But if bloom was to work, this is the only way I could see it done.

bloom induces randomness.  Less randomness is better for competitive play.  Therefore no bloom is better for competitive play.

• Upvote (+1) 2