Sign in to follow this  
PenguIndiana

Would Bloom for the BR be...

It probably wouldn't be interesting, considering the spread would cause every individual bullets inside of the 3 round burst to be splayed apart further, inviting minimal damage more often.

So...  :lxthul:

Br already has bloom, each bullet in the burst is less accurate than the previous. Bloom resets between every shot.

Pretty sure this is true right?

Pretty sure this is true right?

I don't have any raw data for Halo 4, but Bungie made a post specifically regarding this for the H3 BR. 343 was trying to emulate the Halo 3 BR for Halo 4, with almost identical recoil for both games. It seems to be the case, based on this and my personal experience.

Bloom on a burst fire gun? Unlike bloom on a single shot gun, you wouldn't even be able to control the accuracy.

It would interestingly horrible. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't have any raw data for Halo 4, but Bungie made a post specifically regarding this for the H3 BR. 343 was trying to emulate the Halo 3 BR for Halo 4, so it seems to be the case.

Ha, hehehe, hoheehahahehe.

Good one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ha, hehehe, hoheehahahehe.

Good one.

Kevin Franklin specifically said, at the E3 mlg event, that while the sounds and feel of all the weapons had been redone, they tried to make the Halo 4 BR as similar as possible to the Halo 3 BR.

One of my favorite things about Halo is that firing from the hip (usually) sends the bullets flying where you aimed them. Bloom is one of my least favorite things in modern shooters; the need for ADS is another.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Kevin Franklin specifically said, at the E3 mlg event, that while the sounds and feel of all the weapons had been redone, they tried to make the Halo 4 BR as similar as possible to the Halo 3 BR.

I think I remember that...

...but the funny thing is, if they really wanted to emulate Halo 3's Battle Rifle, then they wouldn't have made it a 5sk. Multiple utility weapons really screwed them over there for a while.

Oooh, another thing: Why even emulate the H3 BR? Halo 2's is a much better weapon even without the button glitches.

I think I remember that...

...but the funny thing is, if they really wanted to emulate Halo 3's Battle Rifle, then they wouldn't have made it a 5sk. Multiple utility weapons really screwed them over there for a while.

Oooh, another thing: Why even emulate the H3 BR? Halo 2's is a much better weapon even without the button glitches.

Because more people played Halo 3 so they would better identify with the H3 BR. The cold, hard, simple truth about marketing. I honestly believe that the main purpose for having the BR in Halo 4 was to attract players with nostalgia.

what would really be interesting would be how many controllers I smash each time I miss...

Wait, don't damage that controller! It has the new impulse triggers, which make all the difference:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bloom kind of exists right now. 

That being said, it shouldn't exist. 

not really, I think it could actually benefit certain weapons actually.

one of the things that could've been good but was done so poorly it is hated by all.

• Downvote (-1) 1

One of my favorite things about Halo is that firing from the hip (usually) sends the bullets flying where you aimed them. Bloom is one of my least favorite things in modern shooters; the need for ADS is another.

Except if you're using the H4 BR. Because spread.

The only way I could see bloom work on a burst fire gun is if it had no spread, and as you fired rapidly, it added spread. But still, it would suck because it hinders proper shooting and adds randomness. Probably even more than the consistent randomness of the H4 BR.

Except if you're using the H4 BR. Because spread.

The only way I could see bloom work on a burst fire gun is if it had no spread, and as you fired rapidly, it added spread. But still, it would suck because it hinders proper shooting and adds randomness. Probably even more than the consistent randomness of the H4 BR.

am I the only one that is disgusted by the words "consistent randomness"? 

I know what you were saying but good god does that piss me off for some reason :(

let's make a random rifle even more random...

bad idea sir

its so crazy it might work :gandhi:

am I the only one that is disgusted by the words "consistent randomness"? 

I know what you were saying but good god does that piss me off for some reason :(

its so crazy it might work :gandhi:

Nah, I understand that it contradicts itself. How bout this, the H4 BR is inconsistent as all hell and can't hit the broad side of a barn past 50 meters, let alone get a 4 shot, and therefore is uncompetitive, and bloom would not help it at all?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nah, I understand that it contradicts itself. How bout this, the H4 BR is inconsistent as all hell and can't hit the broad side of a barn past 50 meters, let alone get a 4 shot, and therefore is uncompetitive, and bloom would not help it at all?

no I hate it because its a oxymoron, those words should not be put together like that.

its not your fault, it just irks me is all :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember in the Reach Beta I thought bloom was going to add a lot of skill into individual shooting with the main utility weapon again by punishing anyone who was a little off of their shooting cadence.

Then the game launches and I start getting full spam Fived from medium and long range. Game gets sold. I don't play Halo for over a year. Individual battles are now not determined by skill. They are determined by who wanted to roll the dice and see if they can get lucky.

Bloom is random. Spread is random. Both are very bad for Halo in terms of the main utility weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 2