Sign in to follow this  
thdyingbreed

Will you be buying Halo 5 if it has sprint that can't be disabled?

This is something I've been wondering about for a while since there is a LOT of support for no sprint and it seems pretty clear at this we aren't going to get no sprint settings anytime soon so I just wanted to see what people think about this.

For me this is a deal breaker more so then anything else sprint is easily the worst mechanic to be introduced into Halo it breaks map design and because it shows that 343 clearly refuses to listen to feedback they've had two Halo's games that have sprint and prove it simply doesn't work it can't be fixed if they're going to attempt to shove it down our throats there version of Halo which just isn't fun to play.

Then I think I'm done with Halo at that point because there's better games like Titanfall, BF4, Dark Souls 2, GTA online that are coming out which would be better to spend my time on then a game that isn't enjoyable anymore and you don't have to spend $500 dollars on a new console to play them either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe. If sprint is literally the ONLY thing wrong with it then maybe. 

If you have Sprint, you have bad maps. If you have bad maps, you have a bad MM experience.

I think 343 will be at one of two extremes. Either all out classic, giving us everything we want (at least as options) or same as Reach/H4 with a few improvements on playlist management/balancing primary weapons etc.

I really don't see them doing everything right with the game but leaving Sprint in.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nope, because that would once again give me the hint that they really do not realize what Reach, Halo 4, have done completely wrong, and that they feel making Halo more like other FPS games is more important than keeping Halo playing like a Arena Shooter, Halo game,.

If Halo 5 has Sprint then there will likely be a lot of other issues and wrongs that come with the game as well, including terrible On-Disc Map's once again, and at that point Halo is no longer worth wasting our money on honestly for Multiplayer.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not sure to be honest, but if it doesn't have descope im 100% not buying it. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

If you have Sprint, you have bad maps. If you have bad maps, you have a bad MM experience.

I think 343 will be at one of two extremes. Either all out classic, giving us everything we want (at least as options) or same as Reach/H4 with a few improvements on playlist management/balancing primary weapons etc.

I really don't see them doing everything right with the game but leaving Sprint in.

Basically this if sprint is in the next title and it can't be turned off  I don't see being much different then how Halo 4 is now probably the biggest issue is sprint things like AA's can be turned off, small differences in gametypes like not being able to flag juggle, or oddball throwing isn't a big issue in the grand scheme of things they don't break map design and change the core of the game.

There's a reason why I was specific about the title since if we can turn it off then it's not that big of a deal because we can make the game play like classic Halo if we want too and we have forge so we can play on better maps.

bloom, flinch, sprint, descope

if more than half the shit here is in the game.....nope.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ah yea, didnt think that one through, ur right. Unless sprint is an AA again and its more like reach where maps arent built around sprint. 

If it can't be disabled and the rest of the game is great then maybe.  If the rest of the game is average and it can't be disabled then definitely no

Not having descope, the option to turn off sprint, and ranks would all be deal breakers for Halo 5. I'd probably just borrow the game a week later from a friend to play through the campaign once.

I would like to see Sprint either be completely removed or kept as an Armor Ability

Ah yea, didnt think that one through, ur right. Unless sprint is an AA again and its more like reach where maps arent built around sprint. 

Agreed with this; maps should not be built around Sprint.

Honestly, I think there are much larger problems in Halo than Sprint. AA's, mods, specialization unlocks, basically everything that has to do with not starting on an equal footing. If they fix that, Sprint/no Sprint will have no factor in whether I buy game. It's a secondary problem for me. If Sprint is disabled and AA's and all that are still in, then no sprint will hardly get me excited.

I would like to see Sprint as an option, BUT No-sprint as the main feature. So we can have awesome maps (small-medium Halo 2/3 sized) and maps for BTB or for Custom or a Forge Island map for experiments/custom games with Sprint. I just don't think that taking out completely sprint is a good option for the game :/

I mean, After 7 games (I think is 7, yeah)... Halo won't have Sprint? Maybe as a custom powerup or an option for custom games.

I'll buy H5 if it's fun.  If 343 can make sprint work and Halo is fun then I'll play it and more power to them.  So far I haven't had fun playing Halo's with sprint and I don't see that happening either.  If H5 MP isn't fun then it'll take a heckuva sell job to get me to buy H6...if there is one.

sprint is the least of my concerns to be honest, it would lessen my interest in halo 5 but would it kill it for me? not THAT big of a deal.

its as if people think changing a single thing about a game will make it a million times better, sorry but one problem does not ruin an entire game and one fortunate coincidence does not make it great, not saying I like sprint or anything but to say it'll make or break a halo game is ridiculous.