Sign in to follow this  
LeandroTrooper

What Should we Do?

I'm just wondering what should we do? In general, we have great ideas, greats threads and great minds like mine. (I'm just joking)

But how can we ensure that we're helping 343/Halo Community?

In my opinion, we're missing something. We're having great discussion, great feedback, and great ideas that can revive, support and rise Halo. But I just think that something is missing and think no matter what we do, something will go wrong. I'm not saying 343 won't pay attention to us, or we had wrong ideas, no no no...

I'm just saying that will it be enough? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's nothing more we can do apart from voice our opinions respectfully and politely. 

We just have to hope that 343 have listened and apply that to the next title.

I'm scared.

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

I've just begun to accept that what happens, happens. 

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

So... ADAPT :kappa:

Halo is pretty much going to remain dead (and get even more so come Nov 5th) until the release of H5.

Then everyone will get hyped up for H5 a year from now, put in their pre orders and stand in line excited to play.

Then most likely, we will all be broken hearted again.

(but ill try to remain optimistic)

343 could care less about 3,000 people that want a competitive game and will do everything they can to get back the 400,000+ they had in the beginning. 

Which prob means more weapon skins and care packages.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 could care less about 3,000 people that want a competitive game and will do everything they can to get back the 400,000+ they had in the beginning. 

Which prob means more weapon skins and care packages.

Ding.

Now the only hope is to assume that they saw that pandering to CoD fans failed miserably and maybe will try to appeal to their core....

...lol, right.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ding.

Now the only hope is to assume that they saw that pandering to CoD fans failed miserably and maybe will try to appeal to their core....

...lol, right.

"Gain more casual players than lose hardcore ones" - The Current Trend of The Gaming Industry

"Gain more casual players than lose hardcore ones" - The Current Trend of The Console shooter Gaming Industry

Fix'd  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol sounds like your tryin to take a piss or something...

the halo community is pretty good IMO so I'm not really sure what else could be done, maybe protesting in clear view with signs that read "NO SPRINT"?

I'm in no way saying that I'm arguing that this should be the next step we take as a community, but what about the possibility of taking a step back and focusing our efforts on playing a previous Halo title whilst still holding communicative lines with 343 and returning to their Halo game(s) once they've become stronger and more to our liking?

I don't know if this would work for the Halo community and would like y'all's takes on this idea. It's something that I've seen in various fighting game communities and I'm curious if it'd work for us. To the best of my knowledge, many Mortal Kombat fans stuck with MK3 (I think that's the one) all the way until MK9 because the sequels until then weren't good competiitvely; many Smashers stuck with Melee or returned to Melee when it was determined that Brawl was not a good competitive game whilst Melee was an excellent one.

Now, falling back on a previous Halo title could be problematic for any of the following reasons: we wouldn't have the financial support of 343 behind us, we wouldn't appeal to new blood as easily as we would to players who would only play the newest title.

But what new blood is there left to attract by continuing to play H4? Would we really lose out on that front by reverting to a previous title?

Giving up financial support from 343 could hurt the pro scene, but how much money are we really going to be losing out on? And would it be so bad if we tried piroritizing forming a strong competitive community around a solid game before financially profiting from the Halo series? Is it time to say "Halo as a big money title is gone, but we can still keep our community alive through the love of the game. Even top players won't have much money to win in tournaments, but the point of going to the event is for the love of the game and not to take the prize pool dollars"?

Maybe we can fall back on a previous title and have only one or two national events per year, but have them be BIG national events that could be like our own version of the World Cup? We could have one massive tournament for the one game we choose to fall back on and have 4v4, 2v2, and 1v1 tournaments all present or maybe we could have tournaments for multiple past Halo games.

And this mehtod wouldn't mean having to abandon all hope with 343. We could still provide them with feedback regarding why we don't like their game(s) as much as the older titles and test out any changes they make, returning to Halo 4 should become a solid title that holds more promise than the one we fell back on. We could still urge 343 to make Halo 5 a great game and should it be, we could embrace it with open arms and take it up as the new main title of the Halo community.

I'm not certain that this approach would work, but can we at least beging discussing it? If we all agree that Halo4 isn't up to our standards, could we try to form and grow a community around a game that we do love playing, rather than reach a point where we don't play any of the Halo games at all because we don't like the latest one and would rather not play any Halo game than fall back on an old one?

What do you guys think about that? I don't think we'd ever reach a point where we'd know if it was actually a 100% safe way to proceed, but could it be possible? Likely enough where we'd want to do it because of the strengths of the pros outweighing the cons? Or are the pros and cons just not in favor of a move at all, even if the community could move over without a hitch?

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol sounds like your tryin to take a piss or something...

<.<

the halo community is pretty good IMO 

lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pack up and go home. We tried and they didn't listen and what we got is a triple A title game with less than 35,000 at peak 8 months into its launch and sells for only $40 brand new at stores.

Pack up and go home. We tried and they didn't listen and what we got is a triple A title game with less than 35,000 at peak 8 months into its launch and sells for only $40 brand new at stores.

If we as a community decided that we no longer to support Halo 4, why not fall back on another Halo game? Why should we pack it up for good rather than attempt to go back to playing a game that was good and that we did enjoy?

If we as a community decided that we no longer to support Halo 4, why not fall back on another Halo game? Why should we pack it up for good rather than attempt to go back to playing a game that was good and that we did enjoy?

If halo 5 is bad I'm pretty sure that's what more people will do.

There are already those that continue halo ce lans.

For now though- most people want to continue to try to get developer support. (which we *have* been getting)

Ehhhh, I'm going to drink beer and play some fun games, like BF3, Dota 2 and whatnot :) , sometimes...Halo 2 XBC.

Somebody should make a decent arena shooter that plays like Halo 2/3 and put some competition on the market. We'd have an alternative, and 343 would have motivation. By somebody I mean a developer, of course. If there is one, we should fucking find it and make it famous lol

I'm in no way saying that I'm arguing that this should be the next step we take as a community, but what about the possibility of taking a step back and focusing our efforts on playing a previous Halo title whilst still holding communicative lines with 343 and returning to their Halo game(s) once they've become stronger and more to our liking?...

obquu.jpg

Actually, if they had followed through on releasing it for free instead of cancelling at the last moment, presumably because they realized they wanted to sell the Pit remake not long after, Halo 3 would have been repopulated, and it would have been fucking awesome.