I am a halo player who has started playing BO2 league play. I like it a lot but I suck. I need a mentor(s) to teach me the spawn system, call outs, map control, map movement, strafing/ jumping/ moho jump, head glitching etc. Can any of you teach me some or all of these things. Please. I try hard, never quit, and give it my all.

I wouldn't be much help because I don't game knees on elbows much anymore. Maybe I can help a little though.

Spawns

Spawns depend on the gametype. For the most part, teams will spawn near their flag/bomb. The only time this will change will be when:

A- An enemy pushes past the safe line into the spawn creating an unsafe spawn for that team or

B- A killstreak or lots of explosions make an area unsafe to spawn (think lightning strike, VTol, etc)

After that happens, players will start to spawn past your team, possibly mid map, maybe even in your spawn. Safest spawn will take precedence over controlled area.  

For Team Deathmatch, it really will be wherever the enemy team is or where your team is not. Safest spawn. Team Deathmatch Spawns are difficult to control and predict, but with a good team, you can pretty much corral them into spawning on a certain side until killstreaks make an unsafe spawn.

Hardpoint spawns are my favorite because a player can literally control them. They have what's called an anchor. An anchor is a player who waits in a certain spot to give his team a spawn favorable to the hill location. Anchor spots are kind of something you will have to learn and experiment with as it's kind of hard to tell you all the spots. Basically you want to get as close to the back side of a map as you can near the area you want your team to spawn. You will want to move to this anchor point 20 seconds prior to the hill moving to that location. Hills always move in the same order so just learn those and then find the anchor spots. This gametype is unique in that spawn killing is not the objective, rather controlling the better place to spawn is.

Callouts

http://unofficialcallofduty.com/black-ops-2-bo2-map-callouts-mlg-gb/

Map Control

Map control is all about being on the edge of their spawns keeping them contained to an area or controlling the spawn area to give your team a better map advantage. It will always depend on the objective, but the best bet is almost always be right in their faces as close to their spawn without messing with their spawn. Example - Hijacked, get to the back of a boat but don't push past the end of the walls of the two rooms at the ends.

Map Movement

Most COD players will keep running the quickest route to the objective. Easily position yourself at the chokepoints between the objective and their spawns. Lots of this will only come with practice. Most of COD Maps use a 3 lane system. A left, middle, and right path of direction. Once you find this area of the map, that is the place to control. Where the objective is will determine which side you should be on and which side to defend. Time and experience will best serve you here, but if you can find that 3 lane choke, hold it down.

Strafing/Jumping

For the most part, strafing doesn't really work. Too much magnetism makes strafing pretty much null. Jumping is really useful, but mainly if you own a Scuf controller as the timing to move your fingers and the location of the buttons can cost you if you suck. Dropshots are usually the best option in my opinion as the flinch/recoil in this game makes it really hard to hit a prone target shooting back. The only disadvantage is prone block which could cause you to not go all the way down + losing valuable time going to the ground instead of keeping forward momentum. Different situations call for different tactics and really it's up to how you play, where you're going, and how fast you need to really get there.

Head Glitching

Head glitching is pretty useful and depends on the area you hold down. The less of your body you expose, the better. Just keep FMJ in mind when choosing your cover. Almost anything can be used to head glitch, and it's not really head glitching for the most part. It's just exposing your head which is hard to hit when you're flinching from shots. I usually aim at chest area anyways in case I flinch it brings my reticule up to their head. This is really one of those things that will come with time played, but there are quite a few spots.

This has really good info.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wouldn't be much help because I don't game knees on elbows much anymore. Maybe I can help a little though.

Spawns

Spawns depend on the gametype. For the most part, teams will spawn near their flag/bomb. The only time this will change will be when:

A- An enemy pushes past the safe line into the spawn creating an unsafe spawn for that team or

B- A killstreak or lots of explosions make an area unsafe to spawn (think lightning strike, VTol, etc)

After that happens, players will start to spawn past your team, possibly mid map, maybe even in your spawn. Safest spawn will take precedence over controlled area.  

For Team Deathmatch, it really will be wherever the enemy team is or where your team is not. Safest spawn. Team Deathmatch Spawns are difficult to control and predict, but with a good team, you can pretty much corral them into spawning on a certain side until killstreaks make an unsafe spawn.

Hardpoint spawns are my favorite because a player can literally control them. They have what's called an anchor. An anchor is a player who waits in a certain spot to give his team a spawn favorable to the hill location. Anchor spots are kind of something you will have to learn and experiment with as it's kind of hard to tell you all the spots. Basically you want to get as close to the back side of a map as you can near the area you want your team to spawn. You will want to move to this anchor point 20 seconds prior to the hill moving to that location. Hills always move in the same order so just learn those and then find the anchor spots. This gametype is unique in that spawn killing is not the objective, rather controlling the better place to spawn is.

Callouts

Map Control

Map control is all about being on the edge of their spawns keeping them contained to an area or controlling the spawn area to give your team a better map advantage. It will always depend on the objective, but the best bet is almost always be right in their faces as close to their spawn without messing with their spawn. Example - Hijacked, get to the back of a boat but don't push past the end of the walls of the two rooms at the ends.

Map Movement

Most COD players will keep running the quickest route to the objective. Easily position yourself at the chokepoints between the objective and their spawns. Lots of this will only come with practice. Most of COD Maps use a 3 lane system. A left, middle, and right path of direction. Once you find this area of the map, that is the place to control. Where the objective is will determine which side you should be on and which side to defend. Time and experience will best serve you here, but if you can find that 3 lane choke, hold it down.

Strafing/Jumping

For the most part, strafing doesn't really work. Too much magnetism makes strafing pretty much null. Jumping is really useful, but mainly if you own a Scuf controller as the timing to move your fingers and the location of the buttons can cost you if you suck. Dropshots are usually the best option in my opinion as the flinch/recoil in this game makes it really hard to hit a prone target shooting back. The only disadvantage is prone block which could cause you to not go all the way down + losing valuable time going to the ground instead of keeping forward momentum. Different situations call for different tactics and really it's up to how you play, where you're going, and how fast you need to really get there.

Head Glitching

Head glitching is pretty useful and depends on the area you hold down. The less of your body you expose, the better. Just keep FMJ in mind when choosing your cover. Almost anything can be used to head glitch, and it's not really head glitching for the most part. It's just exposing your head which is hard to hit when you're flinching from shots. I usually aim at chest area anyways in case I flinch it brings my reticule up to their head. This is really one of those things that will come with time played, but there are quite a few spots.

You are awesome

You are awesome

I'm sure some other people might have some advice too. That's just my COD experience over the years. I hope it helps. Thanks for the kind words.

Spawns

Callouts

Map Control

Map Movement

Strafing/Jumping

Head Glitching

This helped me a lot too, thanks Lucky.

This helped me a lot too, thanks Lucky.

Thanks man. I may not be the most knowledgeable, but I feel like I know a couple things on how to play COD.

• Upvote (+1) 1