Lord Boobington

Should the next Halo Title have AA's?

No, I didnt say that. I'm not going to take sides on whether they do/dont hurt the game because it's all subjective.

I just like them. It really is that simple.

can like what you want, that's subjective, but what's good for gameplay isn't just "well that's your opinion".

can like what you want, that's subjective, but what's good for gameplay isn't just "well that's your opinion".

It's still all subjective.

There can be a general consensus on what is or isnt good, but nothing is written law.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think they should just put them in the game but not make them able to be see-able/usable/toggled. 

Kind of like sprint in Halo 4.

the horror...

It's still all subjective.

There can be a general consensus on what is or isnt good, but nothing is written law.

So you like Halo 4 more than Halo:CE-3?

No, Halo should not and should have NEVER had armor abilities.

There's nothing wrong with them being pick ups. They don't break the game cause you're not spawning with them everytime.

I'm all for them as pick ups only! But have a time limit on them like over shield and camo. Say if you pick up jet pack you will have bar counting down, not just have it until you die.  But don't have like 3 jet packs on each map and 2 armor locks etc. Just say one or two per map.

I'd be 100% cool with that and would in-fact like it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only way AAs should be in halo is if their inclusion raises the skill gap.

Currently, AAs have never raised the skill gap.

I still think jetpacks break Halo 4's movement, but if they HAD to add jet packs, I would put them as pick ups on the map, that have a single use function.

I agree though, none of the AA's provide any extra depth or increase in skill gap that is significant.

I still think jetpacks break Halo 4's movement, but if they HAD to add jet packs, I would put them as pick ups on the map, that have a single use function.

I agree though, none of the AA's provide any extra depth or increase in skill gap that is significant.

I dont think they were ever meant to.

I think they're just for fun.

I dont think they were ever meant to.

I think they're just for fun.

That's a poor design choice; as you said before, fun is subjective depending on the person. However, good and balanced mechanics enable everyone to have more fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So does Ghidorah14 have lots of neg rep becasue he is more of a casual player and enjoys Halo 4? if so well done guys you're all great :/

More power to you Ghildorah14, becasue I wish I could enjoy this game.

AA's need to be scrapped forever IMO. Halo should NEVER have been turned into a class based shooter.

Exactly. Even Quinn said class-based shooters only work when you can distinguish the player model like TF2.

Hope that is a good sign H5 will get rid of AAs. Or maybe it just means we will will end up with spartan armor classes now :(

if done well yes if not then no.

I'll elaborate on this. armour lock was bad. You were indestructible. Hard light shield way better. Its not hard to bounce a grenade behind someone to get the kill.

Other AAs would do better as pick ups. Such as Promethean vision.

Jetpack is map dependent. If a map is designed to where top control is a big thing then it breaks the map. If its like countdown CTF where you want to control the middle ring it doesn't have nearly the same impact on the game.

So I'm somewhere in the middle on the issue.

I'll elaborate on this. armour lock was bad. You were indestructible. Hard light shield way better. Its not hard to bounce a grenade behind someone to get the kill.

Other AAs would do better as pick ups. Such as Promethean vision.

Jetpack is map dependent. If a map is designed to where top control is a big thing then it breaks the map. If its like countdown CTF where you want to control the middle ring it doesn't have nearly the same impact on the game.

So I'm somewhere in the middle on the issue.

But in no case does allowing AA's off spawn improve gameplay; you can only make compromises. This is a clear sign the AA's just don't work for Halo and they should be looked at in a fundamentally different way.

But in no case does allowing AA's off spawn improve gameplay; you can only make compromises. This is a clear sign the AA's just don't work for Halo and they should be looked at in a fundamentally different way.

If jet pack were allowed on the CE map Boarding Action it would improve gameplay on that map.

Improve gameplay. You'll have to tell me what you mean by that because half of the AAs don't play a major role in gameplay period.

If jet pack were allowed on the CE map Boarding Action it would improve gameplay on that map.

Improve gameplay. You'll have to tell me what you mean by that because half of the AAs don't play a major role in gameplay period.

Allowing JP in boarding action would be redundant because segmentation is the entire point of the map.

Improve gameplay by simply adding/refining something that deepens/diversifies the game without degrading or altering the core experience.

Allowing JP in boarding action would be redundant because segmentation is the entire point of the map.

Improve gameplay by simply adding/refining something that deepens/diversifies the game without degrading or altering the core experience.

It would improve the maps play for competitive settings by allowing more freedom to move around the map allowing for an added layer in combat and depth in strategy.

Evade, thruster pack, hologram, hard light shield do not affect the game in a negativeu way so you can that they add to/refine/deepen/diversify Halo. This could also be said about sprint but it is no longer an AA.

It would improve the maps play for competitive settings by allowing more freedom to move around the map allowing for an added layer in combat and depth in strategy.

Evade, thruster pack, hologram, hard light shield do not affect the game in a negativeu way so you can that they add to/refine/deepen/diversify Halo. This could also be said about sprint but it is no longer an AA.

Boarding action is not intended to be a competitive map lol.

Having any AA of spawn ruins Halo's most basic tenant of being an arena shooter where everyone starts equal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So does Ghidorah14 have lots of neg rep becasue he is more of a casual player and enjoys Halo 4? if so well done guys you're all great :/

More power to you Ghildorah14, becasue I wish I could enjoy this game.

ghidora is casual but thats not the only reason why he gets such a bad rap, when he says stuff like "armor abilities are fun" its kinda tempting to neg the hell out of him, he doesn't deserve the amount of hate that he gets but its not entirely uncalled for either.

I wish I liked halo 4 aswell :(

Exactly. Even Quinn said class-based shooters only work when you can distinguish the player model like TF2.

Hope that is a good sign H5 will get rid of AAs. Or maybe it just means we will will end up with spartan armor classes now :(

the chances of 343i removing AA's are extremely slim however if we're lucky they may make them more bearable.