Sign in to follow this  
Evan

Comparing Destiny to Halo

So i know very little on this new Destiny game but i was wondering since bungie made halo so big and amazing surely they could do it again with destiny? does anyone think it will be a massive game and compare to what halo used to be? and do you think it will be as fun as the good old days of halo2/3?

... i was wondering since bungie made halo so big and amazing surely they could do it again with destiny? 

I'm curious too if they can do it again. With 2 big 'power-house' companies working together, will there headbutting throughout the game making process be apparent in the actual gameplay?

does anyone think it will be a massive game and compare to what halo used to be?

With the game being released for Sony and Microsoft, I can see it having a large 'fan and player' base, will the masses be competitive or casual is something I wonder as this can/will largely influence the game and developers implementations. I guess we'll know more in the coming days. Hoping we can learn more about this game and definitely wishing this thing comes out before the speculated 2014 release.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's natural to compare Destiny to Halo. It happens for every developer when they make a new IP after a successful one. And to be fair, the weapons in Destiny do look very Halo-ish but you can't blame Bungie for being Bungie. As for it being "big as Halo" depends on what you consider big. It will definitely sell more since it will be multi-platform but I don't think it will have the cultural significance Halo brought not only to the industry, but the world. Halo: CE and Halo 2 also released in a time where there wasn't that much strong competition. Nowadays there are "mega" shooters releasing every half year. Bungie won't have the advantages it has had before. Halo is a household name now. I'll be impressed if Bungie does that again. Only a handful of developers have had that type success more than once so it's always possible...

I believe that Destiny will be it's own thing, Obviously. But one thing Bungie does well is remeber where they came from and how they got to this point. I expect to see certain things in Destiny that harken back to Halo, Marathon, Etc.

I believe that Destiny will be it's own thing, Obviously. But one thing Bungie does well is remeber where they came from and how they got to this point. I expect to see certain things in Destiny that harken back to Halo, Marathon, Etc.

I could not agree with you more, man. Good thing to point out. I have high expectations on this game, maybe an 7 or an 8 even.

I have extremely high expectations for this game. I see this game being World of Warcraft meets Halo, and as two of my favorite series, I cannot wait for something like this. 

The similarities will be there between Halo and Destiny, both in graphical style, music, sense of epicness, all of those things. For example, you can easily see that the sniper rifle in the GDC video held by what seems to be a Hunter looks very, very reminiscent of the Halo sniper. The music is very similar as well, simply because of Marty O'Donnell's great ability to compose soundtracks. 

Either way, this game will be awesome.

I think it will be completely different from Halo but it will still be a good game and I can't wait till it comes out.