Sign in to follow this  
iRGush

Skyline, block the lifts?

Skyline lifts  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should the lifts be blocked?

Many people (myself included) feel skyline would play much better if the lifts from bottom mid to top mid were removed, an idea that has been buzzing lately. What does everyone else think? Shouldnt it atleast be given the chance to be tested?

• Upvote (+1) 3

The map plays SO much better with the blocked lifts! Ive only played it a couple times but i felt the map had a lot more structure to it and wasn't quite as crazy. A lot like Simplex with out the ability to jump from your base to top mid .(As seen in the no sprint gameplays)

Sadly ghost doesn't see it that way though. He feels that top mid really isn't a power position and that the map doesn't really flow around top mid control. He also said  "V5 skyline is like perfect now and probably wont see anymore changes in H4s life" (Not an exactly word for word quote but that's what was stated)

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/1806-v5-testing-discussion-thread/?p=58977

(Check out my post if anyone wants to listen to the V5 discussion that happened today)

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are already so many ways to jump up/sprint away. I'm down for blocked lifts. Gives some power to top mid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Glad to see no ones against atleast testing it, the skyline test in Ghost's fileshare had those lifts wide open 

I never played a blocked of version but I like the idea, definitely deserves some testing I'd say.

I use the lifts a lot to get away and juke people out, so I'm not really fond of the idea of removing lifts.. But if Ghost was open to test it, and he thinks that it would play better, then I wouldn't mind. 

I use the lifts a lot to get away and juke people out, so I'm not really fond of the idea of removing lifts.

And thats why we should remove them.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've never played it so my opinion shouldn't matter too much. But, me sitting here thinking as logically as possible I would have to agree on blocking the easy escape routes to top middle which could also lead to an easier way of weakening people off of their spawn running for a flag. You could get rewarded in that scenario for not positioning yourself properly and easily still being able to weaken other players because of the lifts. Let's be honest top middle is a pretty big power location when running the flag, not so much when the attack of the base begins but when the map is flipped to where you have to take an offensive for a flag return, top middle becomes the easiest place to cutoff for a flag cap.

That's just one thing but I'm sure there could be more said about it than /it's an easy escape route for noobs/ .

Although, I do agree.

And thats why we should remove them.

Because they can be used as an escape route? Dumb. That's like saying EVERY LIFT in history should have never in the game. -_-

Because they can be used as an escape route? Dumb. That's like saying EVERY LIFT in history should have never in the game. -_-

Skyline has more than enough movement options to the top, there is no need for one that gives you instant access to the top.

We have sprint, we have tons of cover, it's already easy to get away.

Everyone knows ladders are better than lifts.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think it's more because the lifts take you directly to top mid which is the power position on that map IMO.

Other maps that feature lifts elsewhere are acceptable. 

Sadly ghost doesn't see it that way though. He feels that top mid really isn't a power position and that the map doesn't really flow around top mid control. He also said  "V5 skyline is like perfect now and probably wont see anymore changes in H4s life" (Not an exactly word for word quote but that's what was stated)

seriously? top mid isn't a true power position right now because of the lifts, this is common sense. Ghost refusing to test blocked lifts and proclaiming that the map is perfect really confuses me....what part of testing is that? 

Imagine having lifts around where mauler spawned on onslaught that carried you directly to top mid, imagine the lifts on midship (bottom mid) propelled your spartan to top mid, imagine if there were lifts on all 4 corners of the middle structure on simplex? ha

all of those maps would be ruined. Block the lifts and test Skyline again. The map has way too many routes to top mid, which causes chaos and ruins the potential power position that is top mid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Either sprint needs to go or the lifts. Skyline in all honesty plays horrible because people can ROFL-sprint  and escape with no consequences.

• Upvote (+1) 3

how many maps with lifts to top mid do we need?

Abandon

Skyline

now Vertigo??

Do skyline some justice; block the lifts. Limit the movement down to 'still acceptable' levels.

• Upvote (+1) 2

how many maps with lifts to top mid do we need?

Abandon

Skyline

now Vertigo??

Do skyline some justice; block the lifts. Limit the movement down to 'still acceptable' levels.

Abandon ring 1 to ring 3 lift. Should it be removed?

Discuss

Abandon ring 1 to ring 3 lift. Should it be removed?

Discuss

Yes. After playing and watching pros play, it's too easy to drop down, wait a second, then lift right back up and gain control of top mid. Players don't have any thoughts about leaving top mid to chase a kill, because they can be right back in the power position in a few seconds. I feel like you should get punished for leaving the power position/the other team should be rewarded if they make you leave

Yes. After playing and watching pros play, it's too easy to drop down, wait a second, then lift right back up and gain control of top mid. Players don't have any thoughts about leaving top mid to chase a kill, because they can be right back in the power position in a few seconds. I feel like you should get punished for leaving the power position/the other team should be rewarded if they make you leave

Yeah thinking about it, it does seem logical. There are already 4 ways upto ring 3 (front, blue spawn, from ring 2, and from gold 2).

To make that area used more, put the sniper ring 1? Or even gold courtyard

Yeah thinking about it, it does seem logical. There are already 4 ways upto ring 3 (front, blue spawn, from ring 2, and from gold 2).

To make that area used more, put the sniper ring 1? Or even gold courtyard

Yup. I'd test out snipe gold courtyard and then in front of ring 1, where rockets/os spawn in regular settings

Yup. I'd test out snipe gold courtyard and then in front of ring 1, where rockets/os spawn in regular settings

Snipe gold courtyard is better anyways and has been tested enough., maybe move it to the back of ring 1 (the front already has OS which is a good spot for it)

Snipe gold courtyard is better anyways and has been tested enough., maybe move it to the back of ring 1 (the front already has OS which is a good spot for it)

I wouldn't put it too close to OS, that way teams have to decide which one they want more and set up for that. Well, on the flip side, snipe comes up first and you could see some clutch snipes to prevent the other team from getting OS... I'd just go with gold courtyard though

I wouldn't put it too close to OS, that way teams have to decide which one they want more and set up for that. Well, on the flip side, snipe comes up first and you could see some clutch snipes to prevent the other team from getting OS... I'd just go with gold courtyard though

Yeah that works. Ring 1 will be used more as an optional route to the snipe anyways/flanking route to gold rather than the best way to get to ring 3 and fuck up the main power position.

I'l forge abandon later to see how it looks.