CFCsales

Who do you think is the "Greatest Band on the Planet"

No pop groups i.e. One Direction

I would have to say Red Hot Chili Peppers, been around since the 80's and still making decent music.

Anyone else?

I don't know about the greatest band, but an honourable mention would go to At the Drive-In for creating one stellar album, then splitting and forming two great bands (Sparta and The Mars Volta) that went on to make some really good music for the past 10 or so years. Jim Ward, from Sparta, went on to do some pretty great solo stuff as well, and even had a country music side project that wasn't too shabby.

Blink 182. Not even a question. /thread.

once again, no pop groups

If you cant follow the threads simple posting instructions then DON'T POST! 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

once again, no pop groups

If you cant follow the threads simple posting instructions then DON'T POST!

The backstreet boys are a pop group. Blink 182 is a band. Travis Barker is the goat drummer. Idk how a band with the goat drummer is considered in the same genre as one direction. Also the OP's choice plays similar type of music to Blink 182 but no where near the quality.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The backstreet boys are a pop group. Blink 182 is a band. Travis Barker is the goat drummer. Idk how a band with the goat drummer is considered in the same genre as one direction. Also the OP's choice plays similar type of music to Blink 182 but no where near the quality.

Blink 182 plays pop music, specifically pop rock. 

WHICH IS GENERALLY CONSISTING OF short-to-medium length songs, written in a basic format (often the verse-chorus structure) as well as the common employment of repeated choruses, melodic tunes, and catchy hooks.

I can break down some of their songs and explain exactly why Blink 182 is a pop group. (2+ MUSICIANS THAT PLAY POP MUSIC)

FACTS, JBEE FACTS. YOU CANT ARGUE AGAINST THEM OR ME ON THIS. I WENT TO SCHOOL FOR MUSIC AND HAVE BEEN READING PLAYING AND WRITING MUSIC FOR THE LAST FIFTEEN YEARS OF MY LIFE. YOU ARE VON DOOOOMED

• Downvote (-1) 1

So you're telling me bands like Green Day, Sum 41, Taking back Sunday, and simple plan aren't bands but pop groups like One Direction? LOLZ.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you're telling me bands like Green Day, Sum 41, Taking back Sunday, and simple plan aren't bands but pop groups like One Direction? LOLZ.

They are pop groups/bands because they all play pop music

you cant debate facts jbee, sorry brother

They are pop groups/bands because they all play pop music

you cant debate facts jbee, sorry brother

Give me a few examples of what you consider a true band.

LOL SOMEONE SAID BLINK-182

Welcome to middle school ***.

Also, you should know, since they are your favorite band and all, that blink-182 is indeed POP-punk. Fuckin' dolt.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

You cannot possibly be over the age of 12 and like these bands.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

even from a pop perspective Beatles were by far the best band of all time, not sure why it really matters whether or not blink 182 or whatever is a pop band or not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Give me a few examples of what you consider a true band.

"True" is not a style of music

lol

• Downvote (-1) 3

even from a pop perspective Beatles were by far the best band of all time, not sure why it really matters whether or not blink 182 or whatever is a pop band or not.

If you dont understand then you didnt read the OP's rules

No pop groups