ThatTrueLegend

Who Else Can't Switch To CoD?

COD 2 & 4 were great times. Every one since then has been almost if not equally as big of a FPS joke as H4... I'd never make the switch to COD if i was looking for a new competitive game to play for fun or to make money at.

I my self have switch to street fighter 4 and Marvel 3.

• Upvote (+1) 2

COD 2 & 4 were great times. 

and that's where it stops. I can't get into any COD after these two and I don't want to....it's not my type of competitive FPS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What I never understood was how people are so quick to bash cod due to competitive merit, yet are fine with Halo 4's depth and competitive merit. Sure, it's a bit more, but how can that bit be that much more satisfying?

The answer is a lot more simple than I'm making it out to be.. preference.

I know certain people will dislike things, while liking others.  Halo was a lot of players go to FPS and game in general, so it's like a second home to us, but if people are disgusted with CoD and cite competitive merit as the reason, then please please please go out and buy shadowrun for $5 and play something that has more competitive merit than all the CoD's combined.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to switch to COD Ghosts or at least give it a try. Its obviously different then halo it just takes some time to get used to. Lets be honest H4 isn't even worth putting in your disk tray.

COD4 was the only COD i was addicted to, never really played any of the others. Black Ops 2 isn't that bad, although its no where near COD4.

Halo Reach and 4 sucks, but are tolerable and still resemble Halo (in competitive settings).

I just don't like the COD formula and for the most parts i don't respect or enjoy the skills needed for that game. 

I tried cod competitively and it was fun and all but the killstreaks really killed it for me. With that being said, Add me if you play customs! I'm always looking for ppl to play with. Fu Gerii

• Downvote (-1) 1

LOL, HALO 2? (and halo 3)

I'm not even embarrassed to say that I've matched TeH Bawney multiple times and have gotten my ass kicked as well. Look at the names in the video. He was known online and definitely a top 32 caliber player.

Also wasn't there a RBSV pro who played with their face?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I tried and I can't do it! CoD is a casual game for me, there's no way I could take CoD serious as a competitive game after all the time I've invested into Halo, is anyone else in the same rut? CoD is just simply, not Halo. I'm not switching to CoD, regardless of what's been recommended by Gandhi, and regardless of pros leaving Halo. Is anyone else with me..? Or am I alone here? :-|

I feel the same, COD has always been a casual game for me. I dont even play the game, my friends come round my house and i watch them play and they say Halo 4 is a good game but it annoys them about finding a game (I live in the UK BTW) If halo eventually dies i would rather switch to FIFA than COD.

LOL, HALO 2? (and halo 3)

I'm not even embarrassed to say that I've matched TeH Bawney multiple times and have gotten my ass kicked as well. Look at the names in the video. He was known online and definitely a top 32 caliber player.

Also wasn't there a RBSV pro who played with their face?

I had no idea people could play that good this way, really cool TBH.

I still would never switch to CoD for comp play its a annually released series and the games are a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I had no idea people could play that good this way, really cool TBH.

I still would never switch to CoD for comp play its a annually released series and the games are a joke.

It's a matter of preference, but despite the fact that I have played CoD I still agree with what you just said.

But yeah, when people are disabled and have to find a way to adapt, it's insane what they can accomplish.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lets just face it, older games will always be what we loved...but the past is the past for a reason, let it die already.

long live h2, and cod4...just cherish the memories..and share them to the new guys in the scene.

With such a high skill floor, I get bored playing any CoD for more than five minutes. Playing and knowing this is as good is as I can really get is a big negative for me.

Since I can't turn on someone after being down 2-3 shots and kill them, I will never make the switch.

swiftrage.png GET TURNT ON, FOOL!!!

Something like this: 

I liked CoD4, only one i've REALLY enjoyed to where I wanna play it lots like I did old Halo. The rest have been very lackluster, with horrible lag, and Blops2 might even take the cake in that department. (3 hit markers on a forehead in Hardcore huuuuh?) It's just too over saturated with what was somewhat simple at first. CoD4 would be the correct way to do kill streaks if you must, IMO. Saying this title is competitive or even the most competitive CoD to date cuz of spec mode/ranks just seems like people kissing some dev ass to me. CoD4 beats it all day err day. Or maybe it's just my old veteran mentality, maybe this is the new way of FPS game and I should just switch to PC:P

• Upvote (+1) 2

I liked CoD4, only one i've REALLY enjoyed to where I wanna play it lots like I did old Halo. The rest have been very lackluster, with horrible lag, and Blops2 might even take the cake in that department. (3 hit markers on a forehead in Hardcore huuuuh?) It's just too over saturated with what was somewhat simple at first. CoD4 would be the correct way to do kill streaks if you must, IMO. Saying this title is competitive or even the most competitive CoD to date cuz of spec mode/ranks just seems like people kissing some dev ass to me. CoD4 beats it all day err day. Or maybe it's just my old veteran mentality, maybe this is the new way of FPS game and I should just switch to PC:P

Cod can do pretty much anything right now just because its literally 10x more popular MP population wise than the nearest FPS on console(I think its Halo 4 lol) and on PC its still pretty popular. Even Halo 2 did not dominate the Xbox charts that much, GoW was almost as popular when it came out and RS as well.

I would definitely take up PC gaming in the future if only because of the awesome F2P(LoL,Dota 2, Tribes Ascend, Quake Live) and cheap games you can get off Steam and really the variety of comp MP games on PC is much better on console where its shooters and Fighting games and that is basically it. You are missing out on virtually entire genre's only gaming on console and F2P games(you just need a decent PC to run most games really) that are made to last and have more developer support than most console MP games do.

I'm not a huge fan of CoD but I can see why it's popular, CoD 4 was the best for me just nice and simple without much of the clutter that was added.

Personally I don't think CoD change enough it's all still running on an ancient engine, don't get me started on lag comp.

The core of CoD has always remained and that's what Halo needs to get back for the next game.

I could never give up Halo for CoD but Battlefield is a different story, Battlefield 3 is an amazing game to me and the developers are great we have had huge amounts of DLC, 5 large game updates that have totally changed features (drastic changes like taking sprint and bloom out of H4).

With Battlefield 4 later this year I can't wait, the developers have touched on almost every complaint with BF3.

Halo 5 needs to be great because if not it will pass by like a tear in the rain because Battlefield 4 will be EPIC.

I urge everybody to try out Battlefield 3 or 4 when it comes out.

Sorry for long rambling answer.

Ehh... I hate trying to find a decent server to play Battlefield 3 in. Most of the time I get kicked without breaking any of the rules they've stated. It ruins the fun of the game when you're trying to rank up and simply play only to be kicked for doing well. It's also a reason why i'm not motivated or would consider going back to battlefield.

Ehh... I hate trying to find a decent server to play Battlefield 3 in. Most of the time I get kicked without breaking any of the rules they've stated. It ruins the fun of the game when you're trying to rank up and simply play only to be kicked for doing well. It's also a reason why i'm not motivated or would consider going back to battlefield.

I have a server add me and we can play,I know how you feel I get kicked all the time, issues like that will be fixed for Battlefield 4 hopefully.

I loved COD4 and actually liked MW2. MW2 actually had good online as well - I've gone back the last few days and played it and forgot that it was actually solid online. I remember doing GBs for MW2 and it was so fast paced and fun. Marathon lightweight with a SMG in CTF was so much fun. COD4 was the best and definitely took the most skill but the way MW2 had roles made it really fun for me personally

As with many people, I won't switch to cod no matter how dead Halo is but ill switch to TitanFall next year.